VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

mahem

Apr 15, 2019
Wow..

and mean the story, althaugh in the beginning of this story i was confused like hell. it felt to me the story was al over the place not making any scence whatsoever.
But i am intrugued by strange stories, especialy when a story is as wierd as this one. Still not quite sure where this story is going, but yes i am curious as hell what kind of plot is in devs mind.
o sure at the end of chapter 4 it looks like a lot is reveiled about this story, but i am not sure if that realy is the case (or do i hope so?)
I was thinking about a review on this game, but what the heck would i review? as said i am still all over the place with this story. At several times i wa dsure i knew where it was going, when there was yet another curveball in it.
making this story even more complicated, and no i am not complaning about it far from that.
a real shame it isnt in dutch, heck i would love to translate this one (but wouldnt doing that ruin the story for me)

well,,,,congrats,,i love reading Steven King,,and sofar this story realy reminded me of a Kings story.
i think i cant make the dev a greater compliment than this...

Reactions: PixelsLab

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Wow..

and mean the story, althaugh in the beginning of this story i was confused like hell. it felt to me the story was al over the place not making any scence whatsoever.
But i am intrugued by strange stories, especialy when a story is as wierd as this one. Still not quite sure where this story is going, but yes i am curious as hell what kind of plot is in devs mind.
o sure at the end of chapter 4 it looks like a lot is reveiled about this story, but i am not sure if that realy is the case (or do i hope so?)
I was thinking about a review on this game, but what the heck would i review? as said i am still all over the place with this story. At several times i wa dsure i knew where it was going, when there was yet another curveball in it.
making this story even more complicated, and no i am not complaning about it far from that.
a real shame it isnt in dutch, heck i would love to translate this one (but wouldnt doing that ruin the story for me)

well,,,,congrats,,i love reading Steven King,,and sofar this story realy reminded me of a Kings story.
i think i cant make the dev a greater compliment than this...
I could try to make a dutch version, however it would take me at least 2 weeks
It's not that difficult if you count in the music that goes with the scenes

mahem

Apr 15, 2019
I could try to make a dutch version, however it would take me at least 2 weeks
It's not that difficult if you count in the music that goes with the scenes
i know how to translate a game (i am working on one) but i dont do exact translations, inorder to translate everything i a way it would be said in dutch is a huge task. well atleast i cant do that in two weaks.
i did 3000 lines now in a game and it took me about two months to get it correct.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
i know how to translate a game (i am working on one) but i dont do exact translations, inorder to translate everything i a way it would be said in dutch is a huge task. well atleast i cant do that in two weaks.
i did 3000 lines now in a game and it took me about two months to get it correct.
That's only 50 lines a day as an average... I'm guessing you don't have much time in a day?

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
good on you getting a new job man, wish you all the best
Thank you!!!
What an amazing update, Kudos to PixelsLab. We finally got to screw Maria after so much teasing, and what can I say about the scenes it was really really hot:love:. you sir have a talent of making really hot scenes even the teasing part is so hot, which left me wanting for more.
Also Congrats for the Job.
View attachment 460770
Cheers!
Thanks! Glad you liked it! :giggle:
Def alot of typo's

Should be ( give it here )
Thank you so much! I will fix it.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, good luck!
Thank you!!!(y)

Last edited:

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Great update, Pixelslab.
I love Anna and the scene was fantastic, while still retaining the usual slight weirdness.

One suggestion, perhaps you should use "sigh" instead of "groan."
Groaning feels more excessive and usually not used for a sad sound, more like when you hear a really bad joke, then you would groan.
Got it, I'll try to keep track of this!

What the fu... Is it really like that?:eek:
It is!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I fixed it.

Reactions: VOYEUR

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Solid story and Solid Characters, the unique thing about this game is the way the story is being told and the mystery which unravels leaves more questions than answers. The H scenes are sexy and renders are good. The Choices are limited which i don't find bad since it got a gripping storyline.

However, the game relies heavily on story telling through Dialogues, not narration or renders as i said the way the story is being told is great but the dialogues NEEDS a little (lot of) proofreading and polishing. It is so bad that u cant understand what is going on most of the times which is a shame because i think this game would attract many if we could understand what is being said. Majority of time i rolled back and started over and tried to assume that's what they are saying to get a (better?) understanding of story. The Story itself is well thought out even to the minute details in renders and thats a great plus from me. So i really think this game needs a good Translator/Proofreader/Writer? as i understand the Dev is not a Native English speaker, so that is just the only minus from the game aside from that really looking forward for more updates(y)
Thank you very much for your kind feedback! Very nice. :giggle:
Yes, there have been more and more complaints about translation recently. Unfortunately, at the moment I do not have the opportunity to hire a proofreader to translate. And those who proposed to process the translation for free, just sent ready-made files, which I myself should check, since I can’t be sure that nothing important has changed in the text. And since I don’t know English, it will take me a very, very long time. Only one person, for all the time, made an analysis of several scenes. That is, he sent the wrong translation, then the correct translation and then an explanation of why the old translation is incorrect. But these scenes only in the first chapter, and there are very few of them. So this is just a drop in the bucket.
How to solve this problem at the moment, I do not know.:oops:

• Sad
Reactions: damien_sensei

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Well. I have to thank the dev for another great update.
However, in my humble opinion it still needed somewhat tweaking. So I did that again.
Extract the the file into your intoxicating flavor directory...
I have tried to improve not only the english but also some timing things... the time on text according with the pictures
As some of you already noticed, english is not my native language, so if you have found errors with that please sent me a notice or comment. I'll try correct them.
Thank you very much for your work! And for the support!

I also removed the second time of putting in the players name, because I think that's a bit silly to do twice.
This is done in case the player who just started the game and entered a random name in order to quickly see the game or simply from the first minutes did not understand that this is a story game, could change the name to a more adequate one. :unsure:

in the update I also removed two lines of text, which were a bit strange given the picture that goes with that. (the mom looking for jeans while already wearing them)
The main character is looking for jeans, not Maria.

however I tried to keep the game as much as possible like the dev wrote it.
The update contains an new end, but also some new lines in between. So if you really don't want to play this game from the start, which in my opinion shouldn't be any problem, just put on autoplay.... , you should at least start chapter 3 from the beginning...
And last but not least. If there is a dev around who really deserves some support, this is the one.
It's been my pleasure to 'help' him a bit. But it is really him who makes all this possible. So support him. please.
I'm already looking forward to the next update...
Hope you like it too
Thanks again!:giggle:

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
The story went weird. Jumping the way it does from dreams to "reality". The extra at the end did not help either. The renders are superb. The action is good but the grammar now and again is really bad. The confusing use of collective nouns instead of personal nouns; ie. 'us' instead of 'I'. Also a few wrong sentence constructions. It is obvious the author of the story is Russian. Power dominates. It is intriguing enough though to keep the reader's attention.
Is translation really so bad? Luziferez dryrain
Simply, I really thought that the translation is not so bad, especially after chapter 2.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Is this the price in Moscow? Or is it Amazon's price?
Why don't you browse China's shopping websites? The price will be a lot more favorable.After all, it is the place of production.
Sorry, I don't know if this is taxable.
Rather, the problem is in customs, which may not give you the package. In addition, the parcel can easily be stolen. And yes, more than $ 500 is a commission.
Welcome to Russia!:mad:
for the price of 9900k, you can get a 12 core monster 3900X

imo pick 3700X or 3900X and get the 64gb of ram with nvme and get the x570 for PCIE 4.0 so you can get faster NVMe in the future.
I never planned to buy a 9900K just 9900.

Budget does not allow.o_O
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, I was counting on something like this. Thanks for the advice!

AMD confirms 64-core Threadripper 3990X for 2020
Is it just overkill? Gonna need a commercial AC unit to cool this monster.
View attachment 470235
If I buy it, I have to live on the street. :D

PixelsLab
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the advice, but I had to save on every little thing. Maybe if I buy a second video card, I will buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astaroth45

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
What do you have in mind? Is it in the game?
In my edited version they are all corrected... use winmerge to see changes yourself... there were quite a lot of quite'and quiet misstakes...
Also redid each other and of course... and changed the two lines which katie said but het sister is saying

Last edited:

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
Is translation really so bad? Luziferez dryrain
Simply, I really thought that the translation is not so bad, especially after chapter 2.
I don't think its really that bad since i could mostly understand after rolling back a few times but it really could be improved in my opinion and yeah chapter 3 is not so bad but still could use some improvements, Regarding first 2 chapters i think it really sets the story and keeps the new player engaged, so i really hope it improves cause this game really should attract many people than it has and i think major reason for this is the translation issues.

Reactions: PixelsLab

dudebro1

Jun 3, 2018
can anyone post a list of their save files, ( i believe i was around the ping pong scene and cbf replaying)
Thanks

mvitrak

Jul 12, 2019
know what i think? Liv, obviously not saa. It seems to have some influential and powerful patron (spoiler I hope that this is the father of the MC)

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
know what i think? Liv, obviously not saa. It seems to have some influential and powerful patron (spoiler I hope that this is the father of the MC)
I really think you should play this again from the start. the liv on the island clearly states where she thinks she came from

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes