VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Ola, I didn't say I don't like the game.
Honestly, the story was confusing for me, I had a lot of questions but this update answered most of them, and I was glad because the most important question for me was " how the mother and the goddess met each other " and I was satisfied with the answer.
It's just this lesbian scene. I think you already know all of the discussion about ntr and all so I won't say anything about it, but even from a logical point of view, that scene was out of nowhere. Liv could guess the fragile mental state of Katie without that.
What you show us was just fanservice, and thank you for that, I guess, but we saw a Katie who was in love with MC but had sex with Liv. Why did you show us that ? What are we supposed to think about Katie after that ?
So, yes, Katie is not interesting anymore, and fake Liv can go to hell. Just for that stupid scene.
Is really that easy to drop the whole game just for one scene ? No, of course. I still reflecting on it, I don't know what to do for now.
Okay, let’s explain to you why this scene exists. A little spoiler doesn’t hurt, huh?
To begin with, each character has his own story in the game. Not only MC, all the main characters have it. They have their own path, which they must go. Yes, the ending will depend on us, and later we will make important decisions. But now these are only the first steps. And this is a scene about two characters: Liv and Katie.
Firstly, this scene shows that Liv acts independently. She has her own thoughts and plans. I also wanted to show that she was ready to do everything for MC. Did I show it? It seems so.
Secondly, this scene liberates Katie. If you haven’t noticed, then she’s just a bunch of fears and complexes. She has more of them than any other character in history. They are like chains holding her back. And with this scene she got rid of one of her “chains”. She would never be able to do something like this in reality,, so this happened in a "dream". Here no one except Liv is suitable. And now we have a slightly more relaxed version of Katie! Therefore, this is an important scene.
Thirdly, this scene will create a conflict further on the plot. In my opinion, an interesting conflict. Not such a conflict as you most likely thought. It is not related to treason or something like that. Because no one is cheating on anyone here. At all. If you think about who and whom is cheating on? I don’t know.
I also add that this scene appeared in the very first outline of the plot. And I thought to remove it, since it was very difficult to write it realistically. But if I remove it, then many things will later seem even more inappropriate, and sometimes uninteresting. Now I believe that I did the right thing, that I left her.
So here. You asked the question: “Maybe it's time to drop the game?” You didn’t ask him in your head, but “in public”. With this, you either wanted to encourage others to jointly criticize this scene, or get an answer. And my answer is yes. This scene is not going anywhere, and I can not convince you. So why should you look at disgusting characters further?

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
My only issue with the Katie-Liv scene was that it will seemingly make Katie get over her hangups over sex with the MC. But it would be done (i can only assume, we'll see in the next updates how exactly that will be handled) through manipulation from Liv instead of actually resolving the underlying issue that made Katie threatening to say the MC tried to rape her. So it would just seem a bit cheap from my point of view. Of course, this is only based on assumptions, so i am very interested to see how it will be handled.

Note: just expressing my viewpoint, not requesting/demanding/expecting the dev to change their vision in any way. Also, I don't really care for lesbian sex, so I only just looked at the scene from the story point of view and its repercussions.
Yes, I have a huge responsibility to solve this problem. And I’ll try to do it well. The only clarification.
She was not afraid that MC would rape her. I already realized that people did not understand me. Therefore, in a scene with Liv asks Katie about rape. To show that the problem is not this. But it looks like I've confused everyone even more.:(

• Angry
Reactions: HrostFall

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Yes, I have a huge responsibility to solve this problem. And I’ll try to do it well. The only clarification.
She was not afraid that MC would rape her. I already realized that people did not understand me. Therefore, in a scene with Liv asks Katie about rape. To show that the problem is not this. But it looks like I've confused everyone even more.:(
With Katie and MC in the bedroom scene you could think at first she was raped.
But you sorted this out with the Katie and Liv scene.

What's confusing me, why is the cell room her safe place and what does that have to do with her problems/issues?
The answer to this only knows the Dev.^^
And when we get the answers... I can already hear the facepalms... lol

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PixelsLab

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
It seems that those who played poorly understood the plot Katya is afraid of physical proximity with a man in general, and we still have to find out the reason for this.

Reactions: HorizonD

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Oh, no, I didn't mean that Katie was afraid that MC would rape her, but she did say 'You touch me, and I'll say you tried to rape me' as a quick means to make the MC leave the room, knowing he would never do that and would be hurt by the accusation. And in this update you made sure to dispel the idea that the reason for Katie's reaction was a previous rape - and I think you've done it elegantly, making it pretty obvious, but no actually spelling it out for the reader. So kudos to you for that (y)

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Okay, let’s explain to you why this scene exists. A little spoiler doesn’t hurt, huh?
To begin with, each character has his own story in the game. Not only MC, all the main characters have it. They have their own path, which they must go. Yes, the ending will depend on us, and later we will make important decisions. But now these are only the first steps. And this is a scene about two characters: Liv and Katie.
Firstly, this scene shows that Liv acts independently. She has her own thoughts and plans. I also wanted to show that she was ready to do everything for MC. Did I show it? It seems so.
Secondly, this scene liberates Katie. If you haven’t noticed, then she’s just a bunch of fears and complexes. She has more of them than any other character in history. They are like chains holding her back. And with this scene she got rid of one of her “chains”. She would never be able to do something like this in reality,, so this happened in a "dream". Here no one except Liv is suitable. And now we have a slightly more relaxed version of Katie! Therefore, this is an important scene.
Thirdly, this scene will create a conflict further on the plot. In my opinion, an interesting conflict. Not such a conflict as you most likely thought. It is not related to treason or something like that. Because no one is cheating on anyone here. At all. If you think about who and whom is cheating on? I don’t know.
I also add that this scene appeared in the very first outline of the plot. And I thought to remove it, since it was very difficult to write it realistically. But if I remove it, then many things will later seem even more inappropriate, and sometimes uninteresting. Now I believe that I did the right thing, that I left her.
So here. You asked the question: “Maybe it's time to drop the game?” You didn’t ask him in your head, but “in public”. With this, you either wanted to encourage others to jointly criticize this scene, or get an answer. And my answer is yes. This scene is not going anywhere, and I can not convince you. So why should you look at disgusting characters further?
Okay, I'm busy dowloading tons of Daz stuff, so, that will be my last answer for this topic.
We already know Liv is acting independently, because just 10 minutes earlier, Inanna said it.
This scene libarate Katie ? What the hell, is that easy to libarate someone from a trauma ? No, of course not.
Since day one, we know Katie is a bunch of fear and complexe, first, with her look (good job), and when she push away the MC, we understand she has problem with intimate physical contacts.
There are two things that bother me with what you said :
1) it's in a dream. It's your story of course, so you can arrange that the way you want, but it doesn't work like that.
Wathever you feel in a dream, when you wake up, you feel differently (because your body is wake up...) so, it's not possible to maintain an advanced excited state (or Katie will have to rush into MC's arms the first second she'll wake up but I don't think you will do that). Plus, what you have the courage to do in a dream is completly different in real life.
2) she did it with a girl (maybe it's the conflict you are talking about) but in term of physical contact that lead to sex, boy and girl are different, and more if it's for a traumatized girl.
So, for me, when you said " I thought to remove it " , it's the good thing to do. You have the imagination to make that kind of story, so you're not an idiot, you have other ways to cure Katie's traumas. (But, again, it's your story, you make it as you want).
You said " It is not related to treason or something like that. Because no one is cheating on anyone here. At all. " but what you want to show us and what we see is not necessarily the same thing.
For you, Katie had trauma and you show us the start of her healing.
For me, Katie just screwed it up and I don't give a shit about her or her trauma anymore. She can turn into a complete lesbian or die eaten by bears. Fake-Liv can return to nothing.

And finally, " why should you look at disgusting characters furthers ? "
I already answered previously : " Is really that easy to drop the whole game just for one scene ? No, of course. I still reflecting on it, I don't know what to do for now. "

Good day to you.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Okay, I'm busy dowloading tons of Daz stuff, so, that will be my last answer for this topic.
We already know Liv is acting independently, because just 10 minutes earlier, Inanna said it.
This scene libarate Katie ? What the hell, is that easy to libarate someone from a trauma ? No, of course not.
Since day one, we know Katie is a bunch of fear and complexe, first, with her look (good job), and when she push away the MC, we understand she has problem with intimate physical contacts.
There are two things that bother me with what you said :
1) it's in a dream. It's your story of course, so you can arrange that the way you want, but it doesn't work like that.
Wathever you feel in a dream, when you wake up, you feel differently (because your body is wake up...) so, it's not possible to maintain an advanced excited state (or Katie will have to rush into MC's arms the first second she'll wake up but I don't think you will do that). Plus, what you have the courage to do in a dream is completly different in real life.
2) she did it with a girl (maybe it's the conflict you are talking about) but in term of physical contact that lead to sex, boy and girl are different, and more if it's for a traumatized girl.
So, for me, when you said " I thought to remove it " , it's the good thing to do. You have the imagination to make that kind of story, so you're not an idiot, you have other ways to cure Katie's traumas. (But, again, it's your story, you make it as you want).
You said " It is not related to treason or something like that. Because no one is cheating on anyone here. At all. " but what you want to show us and what we see is not necessarily the same thing.
For you, Katie had trauma and you show us the start of her healing.
For me, Katie just screwed it up and I don't give a shit about her or her trauma anymore. She can turn into a complete lesbian or die eaten by bears. Fake-Liv can return to nothing.

And finally, " why should you look at disgusting characters furthers ? "
I already answered previously : " Is really that easy to drop the whole game just for one scene ? No, of course. I still reflecting on it, I don't know what to do for now. "

Good day to you.
In general, I understand you. The story that I am telling and the story that you saw based on the fact that you read these different stories.

But seeing confirmation is better than just words, isn't it?
No, it is not libarated, but takes a small step, and not from a trauma.

I didn’t try to show in this scene that she had any problems, Liv casually mentioned this and I did not pay attention to it.

It is NOT a dream. Only for Inanna, not for humans. And I have already shown that actions in this place affect perception in the real world. Remember the night before, and how Katie reacted to MC after her. Yes, it will not be hung on the MC, but it will not pass without a trace.
I did not understand what the conversation was about, my English was broken, and the translator did not help.
I did not delete this moment, because I no longer follow the people who are putting pressure on me. I make a story as I see it. Since I almost broke the whole plot, after listening to criticism at the time.
Well, the most interesting. What did she screw up? Is she dating MC? Did she promise him something? It seems not. She is not even very sure that she likes MC. The only thing that she can probably be convicted of is that she kicked the MC out of the room, but it was two updates back. So where does this attitude come from?

But yes, you are right. It was not worth discussing, a waste of time. Apparently, only three people had a problem with this scene.

On the other hand, it was a detailed criticism, which is nice. This doesn't happen very often. So thank you!
And have a good day. I went to bed.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
What you show us was just fanservice, and thank you for that, I guess, but we saw a Katie who was in love with MC but had sex with Liv. Why did you show us that ? What are we supposed to think about Katie after that ?
So, yes, Katie is not interesting anymore, and fake Liv can go to hell. Just for that stupid scene.
He's not exactly wrong here. The scene was objectively hot, and I understand that it's supposed to be a way to drive Katie and MC together. However, I'm having a difficult time understanding how that is supposed to work. It's supposed to be okay because it's just in a dream . . . However, it's pretty obvious that Liv is driving the dream. It also seems that she's planning on future encounters with Katie. I'm not sure why you are surprised that some players are concerned about this...

The argument that Liv is just a part of MC's own mind doesn't really work either. He created her with free will. She can have her own agenda, and we haven't seen what that agenda is yet. All we have to go on is what she says in this scene. Since I don't understand how this scene is supposed to work in the story, I don't trust her self-report of her agenda yet. When I have a few free hours, I'm going to go back and replay the whole game so far with what we learned in this update in mind. Maybe I missed something.

PL is being a bit cagey about what exactly Katie's issues are, so maybe when we learn that piece of information it will make more sense.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
people actually consider girl-girl NTR ? I find it just HOT :KEK: . not to mention that if you actually read the dialogue, that is "Fake Liv" ( the one the MC created ) so it's actually as if she's having sex with him by proxy
It's not even about it being girl-girl. If another girl seduces your girlfriend, that's definitely NTR even though it's girl-girl. But imagine thinking that your girlfriend seducing another girl to bring her to you is NTR! :ROFLMAO: Some people are just pathetic.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Well he was not happy, i don't need my money back

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, they took my money off. But now I'll throw it off again. Throw me in private messages the mail to which PayPal is registered. We assume that you not only saved money, but also earned.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Good morning

Have a nice day

Yes, this is a pirate site. So I did not block you on this site. I blocked you on Patreon. Preliminary returning the money and you have not lost anything. And I blocked you not from anger or resentment, аnd not even because you don’t want to talk to you,
but so that you would not do this again.
And yes, I am fine with the fact that the game is here. It’s even convenient, I don’t have to upload it yourself. But not on the same day of release!

It is unfortunate that you will no longer play my game. You seemed to like it.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Yes, this is a pirate site. So I did not block you on this site. I blocked you on Patreon. Preliminary returning the money and you have not lost anything. And I blocked you not from anger or resentment, аnd not even because you don’t want to talk to you,
but so that you would not do this again.
And yes, I am fine with the fact that the game is here. It’s even convenient, I don’t have to upload it yourself. But not on the same day of release!

It is unfortunate that you will no longer play my game. You seemed to like it.
i will keep playing and uploading, have a nice day

The End

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018

wallpaper41p.jpg

I honestly did not want to write a post about COVID-19. I think that you already know everything without me. You know what is happening in the world. You know what you need to do so as not to get sick. What can I tell you new?

All I can do now is entertain you while you have to sit at home.
This is what I will do in the coming days! I will try to release a new update as early as possible so that you do not get bored.

Although I still have to go to work. And with my luck I will get sick very soon. In addition, I have to take care of my parents, who are now at risk. Both of them are over 70 years old. This is very, very scary.

But I hope that this disease will soon pass away or at least become not as dangerous as it is now. And we all will be fine!

I wish you all good luck and health! Please do not be ill.

Zack99

Jan 14, 2018
You know I had this thought when I was reading through this update (0.4.8), why was such a good story being made into a porn/erotic game? it was such a waste, but then I notice the fail in my logic, is not that the story is above the genre, is just that usually the authors that actually make this kind of games, make either a parody of some other story, a crappy story or something that is actually just their version of the same stuff that is being made and is well received, nothing original or even good in some cases (not trying to talk shit of other authors I really appreciate the effort they make in their games and enjoy them for what I perceive them as, PORN, quality or otherwise but still only porn). So making porn games by itself is already well received, after all that is why we are here for, and because of that some people don't really put an effort in the story and focus their effort on other aspects like renders/mechanics/interactivity and so on, lowering the average quality that people perceive they can expect in this kind of games story, in my case I could categorize them in 4 types:

1. The story is good enough to pass the time between scenes but not really memorable, is like a good side dish, not exactly what you came for but good to have it.

2. The plot main focus is the porn so the arguments or plot devices are for the sake of the porn itself, sometimes you can get a laugh out of it but that's it.

3. The story is just a tool to get the porn, a text wall if you prefer, so it feels more like reading nonsense or a plain chore to read because is not interesting and you are only there for the scenes, some deserving a skip through all between scenes.

4. They don’t even bother with a story or put the minimal connectors to it and just use mechanics to get the porn.

So in this case having a story that actually makes me get into it is weird for me, took me 2 games (the other game being Reluctant Archon) to realize that there are porn/erotic games with exceptional stories (according to my standards and personal preferences) making a new category:

Games that have a really good story and the porn scenes being one more of its elements that make it a good game.

So kudos to the author and hope you prosper making this and other games in the future.

Reactions: QV and PixelsLab

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
You know I had this thought when I was reading through this update (0.4.8), why was such a good story being made into a porn/erotic game? it was such a waste, but then I notice the fail in my logic, is not that the story is above the genre, is just that usually the authors that actually make this kind of games, make either a parody of some other story, a crappy story or something that is actually just their version of the same stuff that is being made and is well received, nothing original or even good in some cases (not trying to talk shit of other authors I really appreciate the effort they make in their games and enjoy them for what I perceive them as, PORN, quality or otherwise but still only porn). So making porn games by itself is already well received, after all that is why we are here for, and because of that some people don't really put an effort in the story and focus their effort on other aspects like renders/mechanics/interactivity and so on, lowering the average quality that people perceive they can expect in this kind of games story, in my case I could categorize them in 4 types:

1. The story is good enough to pass the time between scenes but not really memorable, is like a good side dish, not exactly what you came for but good to have it.

2. The plot main focus is the porn so the arguments or plot devices are for the sake of the porn itself, sometimes you can get a laugh out of it but that's it.

3. The story is just a tool to get the porn, a text wall if you prefer, so it feels more like reading nonsense or a plain chore to read because is not interesting and you are only there for the scenes, some deserving a skip through all between scenes.

4. They don’t even bother with a story or put the minimal connectors to it and just use mechanics to get the porn.

So in this case having a story that actually makes me get into it is weird for me, took me 2 games (the other game being Reluctant Archon) to realize that there are porn/erotic games with exceptional stories (according to my standards and personal preferences) making a new category:

Games that have a really good story and the porn scenes being one more of its elements that make it a good game.

So kudos to the author and hope you prosper making this and other games in the future.
Thank you more for such a wonderful review! Very motivating!
I also agree with the idea that the game doesn't have to have a good plot. You can often play a simple game in the story plan and get a lot of fun. The most important thing for us developers is to entertain the player. And everyone uses what they are interested in. I'm trying to tell a story, but someone can write cool code and create interesting mechanics. Others just want to make money, and also create something good, or even great. The main thing is to find someone who loves what you do.
So thank you for playing my game! It makes me happy!

Reactions: vmaks

SAYAN BOSE

Mar 10, 2018
Unofficial Android Port for v0.4.8 Compressed :

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports now have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Android site is not working

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes