SyleraOshino

Apr 4, 2019
I think I finished the current content, I resued Savitri's sister along with Melissa and Tiffany (will she be on the near feral state when she comes too? she seemed pretty hot from what I've seen and I'd like to keep her around) when we get back at camp they mention that we should inform the guardians about what happened but when I arrive at the guardian camp nothing happens, I imagine that the continuation is not up yet right?

*small suggestions
I tried to bring 2 girls with me to the gangbang location in the forrest thinking it would trigger a scene with all 3, that would be nice, as well as a scene with all 5 to maybe chase those guys away and give access to that newborn there idk, just ideas.
Bed warmer event? showing the assigned girl servicing the remainer camp girls? I noticed it was on the patch notes but I didn't see or wasn't able to trigger it

now some bugs
*I couldn't donate streight sticks to the camp for some reason, they were not detected even when I had them in the inventory
*when I donated pineaples the action would be accepted but the pineaple wouldn't disapear from my inventory nor the food metter would go up
*during the camp repair mini game sometimes only 4 repair spots would spawn making it impossible to win
*during the camp repair mini game when one of the repair spots was over the leftmost tent it was impossible to reach preventing me from compleating the challenge
*I noticed that compleating the repair challenge mini game didn't actually improve my camp condition.

really enjoyed the game, thanks dev.
So, as far as these bugs, I can confirm the straight stick bug. It doesn't detect them or allow them to be donated to resources. The pineapples make a small tick, but are not consumed on my game, in spite of slightly increasing food stores. I've never had the one that spawns only 4 piles of wood, but I can confirm the spawn on the left tent inside the camp does make it impossible to collect the fifth stack, and success on the manual repairs has no impact for me, either.

Also, I realized that the ability to fast travel from the managed camp is a story-gated feature, and it's working as intended, by all appearances. I was literally one step away at the time.

One more thing I noticed is that regardless of the cooking of PR-reducing food or having someone warm a bed, it seems to selectively not decrease primal regression for the girls. One of them cleared her PR, but the other two continue to escalate regardless of actions.

Likewise, I assume that returning to the camp as a group is not yet written/programmed. All the same, the game is fun thus far. I really looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks, and I hope the feedback is helpful!

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
So, as far as these bugs, I can confirm the straight stick bug. It doesn't detect them or allow them to be donated to resources. The pineapples make a small tick, but are not consumed on my game, in spite of slightly increasing food stores. I've never had the one that spawns only 4 piles of wood, but I can confirm the spawn on the left tent inside the camp does make it impossible to collect the fifth stack, and success on the manual repairs has no impact for me, either.

Also, I realized that the ability to fast travel from the managed camp is a story-gated feature, and it's working as intended, by all appearances. I was literally one step away at the time.

One more thing I noticed is that regardless of the cooking of PR-reducing food or having someone warm a bed, it seems to selectively not decrease primal regression for the girls. One of them cleared her PR, but the other two continue to escalate regardless of actions.

Likewise, I assume that returning to the camp as a group is not yet written/programmed. All the same, the game is fun thus far. I really looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks, and I hope the feedback is helpful!
Thank you a lot for your feedback! I will look into these issue next. Sound like minor bugs and things I might have forgotten:)

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
Thank you a lot for your feedback! I will look into these issue next. Sound like minor bugs and things I might have forgotten:)
Greetings, priceless SWAJ!
Could You please remove "Black Font" issue (v0.9.4.1)?
My gratitude for Your assistance, Sir!
Here are my screenshots:
BLACK FONT_03.jpg BLACK FONT_02.jpg

BLACK FONT_04.jpg
BLACK FONT_05.jpg

Last edited:

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
Has anyone got plans for a renpy port/remake?
RPGM is pure garbage.
"RPGM is pure garbage." - could You please be more specific?

I enjoy playing "The Island" v0.9.4.1 on "Linux Mint 21.1".
No performance issues.
At all.
Using "nw v0.77.0 NORMAL", of course:

My gratitude for Your explanation!

Last edited:
Reactions: SWAJ

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Real question, is this game soundless or am i having some volume problems?
You’re having some volume problem, I assure you. Sometimes it happens for me, I figured it was caused by Sonar from my SteelSeries headset. Dunno if it help.

Reactions: 「S」- Man

kspectr

Dec 8, 2018
You will be disappointed, for there is nothing to screenshot.
In 0.9.4.1 it is merely a debuff you can randomly get by walking in deep water - it doubles regression gain and stop pregnancy from progressing.
In that version it can also disappear just as randomly.

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
You will be disappointed, for there is nothing to screenshot.
In 0.9.4.1 it is merely a debuff you can randomly get by walking in deep water - it doubles regression gain and stop pregnancy from progressing.
In that version it can also disappear just as randomly.
Interesting...
If SWAJ will be able to develop this "Eldrich Parasite" mechanic - supporters will double.

kspectr

Dec 8, 2018
Sadly, there are no patch notes for patreon version available at public channels.
Doubly so, since it could've brought more interest, but is a blind sale in its current state.
Dev log look nice though.

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Hi!

I want to answer a few questions asked here :)

1) The eldritch parasite are a proof of concept. Currently the "soft" version of it is added to the game. A soft version is a opt-out version that can be trigger on and off in the options menu, just like the gore options. As I use HS as a 3D render software as a "developper placeholder" as it produce the visual quite fast, I am limitated in what I can do. However, I am learning Daz3D and eventually will have more options to illustrate these scenes. The parasite is 1 of many to come paranormal events. So stay tune!

2) Many bugs as been addressed in the current 9.x dev version. However, I am not completely done with bug hunting as I focus on adding new content, lore, story and items first. I always plan a bug hunting/fixing event with the last pledger version of the game before releasing a public one.

Cheers!

Reactions: Snafubr and nerogaf

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Sadly, there are no patch notes for patreon version available at public channels.
Doubly so, since it could've brought more interest, but is a blind sale in its current state.
Dev log look nice though.
Noted. I will post my patch notes in the public channel with the release of next version. Thank you for the suggestion!

Reactions: linus.quotes

Syswick

Aug 17, 2018
After talking about my enjoyment of the game till the temple / guardian part here
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-island-v0-9-4-1-swaj.129289/post-10883977
I want to write down my impressions till the end of the 0.9.4.1 aviable content.

After something, I would call a rather long cutscene, where your new companion tells her story, you end up in the hills of discord camp with the camp-managing-"mini"-game.
While I am usualy not a fan of such game content (this is an adventure/role-playing-game!), it is ok and manageable for me. There are some bugs, other have described: You cannot add straight stick to the camp suplies, and pineapple is not removed from the inventory.
What annoys me more, is that you can try to add something you dont have (or dont have enough) to the supplies just to get the message, that you dont have enough. If you dont have 10 flint for example, it could be greyed out or it could work like the crafting stations where you can see what you have, and decide how many you want to spend. Or - much better - the camp supplies could be combinated with your chest, so you can put it all there, and you dont have to care about it anymore. Yes I am not a big fan of this part.
You send your companions to help you keep up the camp, and to search for the missing sister. While they do this, you can roam a huge map to collect more supplies and geting severeal hot interactions with the ferals. And yes, there are several real hot scenes, I (and Olivia) liked very much.
And as my companions finaly found the missing sister, thats the end of the public releas, I guess, because there is not very much to do now.
Right?

Ive played a little further, tringing to get all the girls pregnant, while getting a "missing pictures" bug (someone has posted it on discord, mine it the same, and I think it was with a pregnant Melissa). I had to shut down the game, becaus the message about the missing picture didnt go away ...
EDIT: Tried again, and after a while the same bug apeared, it seems to be a random scene with Melissa(?) . You can't play further, because you can only retry to load the picture, and if you try to open the menu open the inventory, load, save etc. it sas "loading ..." or so eternily and you have to shut down the game. This needs an emergency bugfix ;)
EDIT2: The file missing is called

CME_aid_8b_s3_1.png
But if I copy and rename another picture with this name, it still doesnt work, maybe because all other pictures are rpgmvp and png isnt loaded?.
I could manage to play further by saving every time Melissa had a questionmark, and if the bug apears, after reloading it might work because of random event.

So while I have written about my thoughts about the camp managemet game, here some other thoughts and impessions I have about this part of the game.
  • After managing to get into the deeper forest, you could discover a shortcut back to the camp. It gets annoying to walk the whole way, espacially the climbing/cave part, again and again.
  • Why is the guardian camp empty if I fasttravel there?
  • I hope, we will get more dayly tasks from the guardians.
  • Why do you have to buy the fast travel to the camp? And you can buy it multiple times. This is useless.
  • While wandering through the deeper forest it often gets dark before you find your way home. Yes, you can use a sleeping mat, if you have one, but it could be nice to make/discover some "special" camps where you can rest.
  • For example at the feral lair, where Olivia gets gangbanged, she could stay there if she is tired - it is save for a while, and then she gets fucked again.
  • Or Olivia could return to the cave with the couple (where she fell down a trunk and was held by the vines)
  • Or at all a "save sleep for sex" mechanic.
  • As others have mentioned: There are no scenes with the other girls if you have one of them with you while wandering arround here. I hope we will get some.
Some final thoughts ...
  • I like the graphics. And I hope you just make them better with Daz3D. I don't care if you release several versions with mixed graphics instead if waiting an eternity till you replaced all with the new ones.
  • Don't dare tho remake the whole game in Renpy. This is a game about discovery and not a VN and as clumsy RPGM is, it is better for that.
So after all, I cant wait to get more and I hope there will be another release soon.
Please ... hurry ... this is one of my favourite games on this site now!

Last edited:

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it. I will look into these issues. Some have been fixed in my current game version available on Discord right now. There were some very interesting points and suggestions you made. I am working on the continuation of the story. We are about 8 or 9 versions ahead of yours. The public version of the game will have part 1 of the "Man without Love" story update soon.

Reactions: lewisCyfer16
3.20 star(s) 13 Votes