Dr.KinkAid

Dec 14, 2019
Getting a problem every time I try to load up a save game.

I moved my save from the last version I had (8.4.1) over to the same location in the files for (9.4.1) but I'm getting this screen (below) when I try to load up the save. I haven't updated many of my games manually like this so I don't know if I'm just being an idiot and doing something wrong or if there's just something I'm missing overall? Like... why is this happening and how do I fix? If this has already been answered for someone else, then if you could kindly just point me in that direction, I just didn't see it when I was looking.

game bug.png

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Getting a problem every time I try to load up a save game.

I moved my save from the last version I had (8.4.1) over to the same location in the files for (9.4.1) but I'm getting this screen (below) when I try to load up the save. I haven't updated many of my games manually like this so I don't know if I'm just being an idiot and doing something wrong or if there's just something I'm missing overall? Like... why is this happening and how do I fix? If this has already been answered for someone else, then if you could kindly just point me in that direction, I just didn't see it when I was looking.

View attachment 2930534
Hi there!

It's definitely a save-related problem. The game wants to read a variable associated with a new plugin that is not referenced in your saved game. In a nutshell, when you start a game, RPGMV assigns values to a myriad of variables that are used by the plugins. These cannot be reassigned (to my knowledge) in the game since it won't load your save. Maybe using 3rd party software to compare your save with a new save could help and assign manually these values but I never did that before.

nogling

Jul 26, 2021
Is there a fast travel thing near the Hills camp? I can't figure out how to move away from there. Latest update

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Is there a fast travel thing near the Hills camp? I can't figure out how to move away from there. Latest update
Yes! But you have to purchase it from the Guardian near the herd beach

Nejirozein

Apr 23, 2021
how to solve the error problem
Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'E:\New folder(2)\TheIsland\www\save\config.rpgsave'

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
how to solve the error problem
Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'E:\New folder(2)\TheIsland\www\save\config.rpgsave'
This happens when the game don't have the right to write in the folder.

FPcrab

Aug 14, 2018
New update coming next week! Lots of new things included.
Bro, if you force players to start over every time, many people may get burned out and quit playing your game. Normal devs make a save converter that adds new variables there. They insert a temporary NPC into the game who edits the save.

• Angry
Reactions: nogling

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Bro, if you force players to start over every time, many people may get burned out and quit playing your game. Normal devs make a save converter that adds new variables there. They insert a temporary NPC into the game who edits the save.
You can start from a save point when you choose "No" and then select the waypoint of your choice.

Reactions: nogling

axxrrl

Jul 12, 2017
Is there any lesbian content where the player character stays sane, but the others go primal?

Crell

Aug 6, 2017
Is it just me or is fishing just straight up useless? It seems to fail 90% of the time and the energy could easily be used to pick up other food items that never "fail".

Reactions: frode333 and Strat1

SWAJ

The Island
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Is it just me or is fishing just straight up useless? It seems to fail 90% of the time and the energy could easily be used to pick up other food items that never "fail".
TBF, I am not 100% satisfied with the current state of fishing. However I have story related plan with this mechanic later on and I will review the whole thing at some point. This was a early mechanism and learned a lot more about the editor since then and have some ideas about how to make it more interesting.

Snafubr

Apr 23, 2021
TBF, I am not 100% satisfied with the current state of fishing. However I have story related plan with this mechanic later on and I will review the whole thing at some point. This was a early mechanism and learned a lot more about the editor since then and have some ideas about how to make it more interesting.
The change log mentioned the pathing issues were fixed, did that include the water temple main entrance?

3.20 star(s) 13 Votes