Ren'Py Abandoned The J-Files Episode 1: The Penny Conspiracy [v1.a] [L8eralGames]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
Great game and I can't wait to see more. The dialogue is so well written and I noticed that there's a ton of variation depending on your choices. This is one of the few I games I think would actually work well with a walkthrough companion, simply to enjoy the other conversations you can get.

Reactions: L8ERALgames

Zeroone

Dec 3, 2017
Another great game! I really like the reference you had to Shag the Hag in the story. Played through every little bit of it to get all the dialog and story elements.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Another great game! I really like the reference you had to Shag the Hag in the story. Played through every little bit of it to get all the dialog and story elements.
:D Thanks for noticing that one. I was giggling my ass off while rendering those...

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I actually spent a long time considering that and exploring options.

I looked at lofi music which was calming, and at 8-bit punk tunes which kept the buggy bouncing. Int he end, I couldn't decide on anything which actually fit the game. I had also worked some "sound effects" in, but gave up on those as they didn't have the quality I wanted.

If you want to do some music, feel free to. I don't mind people tinkering with my game. :)
Well, I tried a little bit around and made a small demo (game start with roadtrip and young MC in Vegas).
But don't know if I can really continue, that's a lot of script files there :eek: - trying to find my way around with them :oops:...

Download link Mod v0.1-demo (~28MB):

TPC_01.jpg TPC_02.jpg TPC_03.jpg

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
I think someone raised an issue with text sizing around that point, which may have spawned the error for you. I had a quick check and couldn't find anything else, but if you do, let me know :)

You currently get badges for:
* Visiting the Gas Station
* Getting alien sex (either alien)
* Lying to Penny about her music
* Revealing your most terrible secret to her
* Penny getting abducted
* Making it to the motel without crashing

You can replay the game and get badges you missed as they're persistent.

Wouldn't worry too much. Above all, have fun!

Ah yeah, it's that font size one, it's just a minor thing so all that was needed to do was to click on ignore the error lol. Thanks for the info, found that last one, needed to ignore pretty much everything on the way to the hotel to not crash the buggy.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Ah yeah, it's that font size one, it's just a minor thing so all that was needed to do was to click on ignore the error lol. Thanks for the info, found that last one, needed to ignore pretty much everything on the way to the hotel to not crash the buggy.
:) I'll fix it in an update soon. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: New Kid

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Well, I tried a little bit around and made a small demo (game start with roadtrip and young MC in Vegas).
But don't know if I can really continue, that's a lot of script files there :eek: - trying to find my way around with them :oops:...

Download link Mod v0.1-demo (~28MB):

View attachment 788781 View attachment 788782 View attachment 788783
i like organizing my scripts ;) if you think this is a lot, you should see shag the hag 2...

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I feel i must say something rough about this wonderful game...

I understand there is very limited pool of good male models in DAZ but if did not change something with appearance of main character it will be feel like playing "The Professor: Trip to the Area 52". :)

bobrovnik

Jan 23, 2019
I understand there is very limited pool of good male models in DAZ but if did not change something with appearance of main character it will be feel like playing "The Professor: Trip to the Area 52". :)
I disagree. I think, it's very refreshing - to see absolute average-looking MC as opposite to ripped as F alpha males with their horsedicks or 'shotas' with bag-like faces =)

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Really like the game so far.
Particularly liked the teacher parts. Spot on.
Good writing, good images.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I also like the dune buggy,kind of a Speed Buggy Mystery machine hybrid.

Are those all the alien girls "species" we will be meeting?

When Penny is in the motel bathroom she has on a sexy lingerie set, but then she is back to kneeling by her suit case in her towel.
There is no transition or is that a bug? Was there supposed to be a scene that showed her removing the lingerie and putting the towel on?

Were you planning to implement any animation?

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I also like the dune buggy,kind of a Speed Buggy Mystery machine hybrid.

Are those all the alien girls "species" we will be meeting?

When Penny is in the motel bathroom she has on a sexy lingerie set, but then she is back to kneeling by her suit case in her towel.
There is no transition or is that a bug? Was there supposed to be a scene that showed her removing the lingerie and putting the towel on?

Were you planning to implement any animation?
i liked the buggy for two reasons: it rendered well and looks great, AND it has not roof so was much easier to pose the characters :D

there will definitely be more aliens. :)

penny is trying on different sets of lingerie as she's not sure what to wear. how many sets she tries (maximum 3) depends a little on previous choices with her.

animation is something i'd like to do, but it's very time consuming and i don't feel anything i've done yet looks good enough to put in a game. not sure if it shows, but i kind of like good quality to my renders. animations like that would be horribly panful. so i'd like a better GPU before i try it out more intensively. my current machine is quite old. i'm using a geforce 1060. :p

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
Really impressive job! I'll be honest the strong focus on the MC is a bit of a turn off I prefer when they are more subdued but thats your own directional choice.

Are we supposed to be able to unlock all achievements? Did pretty much all options and only have half of em still.

Not a fan of the face of the alien that abduct penny but Penny and the green face guard girl outside the motel are both really cute.

Some people mention animation, having some for the first real Penny scene would be a great payoff.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So I see a possible Penny+Alien girl sex scene.
Her face when she first saw the alien girls hinted at her being interested in banging the girl.
Would be funny if Penny turns out being a lesbian, all of the MC's thoughts would be misreads. :LOL:

Malkav

May 28, 2017
Is it possible to get all the badges? I did two different playthroughs, one horny and one not. Got six badges and two sex scenes.

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes