4.60 star(s) 10 Votes

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I finally managed to make time for this. And while I normally avoid sandbox games like a plague, simply because they often contain grinding stats and no hints of what to do next, I have to say, I enjoyed it here. There is only a minimal "grind" in form of getting essence and that's it. And, behold, there are hints for every character, the rooms show, that there is an event or at least something to discover! It's really possible for devs to implement something, so that the player doesn't walk like a blind in a minefield. I love the fact, that Lockheart really took his time and figured something like this out! People will definitely not be annoyed while playing. I do also like the humor, he uses here. It makes it lighthearted, while the story has some mystery. The characters are quite different from each other, personality wise, so that they don't feel like clones from each other. I'm just a little bit sad about the differences between the body types of each girl, or better the lack of them. But that's just a me problem, that still won't keep me from playing. The overall render quality is better than the most we've seen of the first releases of the past few weeks, even from well established devs. If Lockheart can keep this level or even raise it, this will definitely a very fun project to follow and support (in the ways each of us is able). Looking forward to the next release.

etool

Jun 14, 2021
tbh, I downloaded just out of curiosity ....

when I loaded it I was not expecting it to be a Lockheart game ... I am thrilled this is another Lockheart game!!

but too soon for me to give a proper rating, but I am looking forward to more

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Made some F a n S i g s for "The Judas Ghost":

Cindy - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,99 MB /.gif

TJGsiGc.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/07/2832698_TJGsiGc.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gemma - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,98 MB / .gif

TJGsiGg.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/07/2832699_TJGsiGg.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Judy - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,95 MB / .gif

TJGsiGj.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/07/2832700_TJGsiGj.gif

Minerva - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,97 MB / .gif

TJGsiGm.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/07/2832701_TJGsiGm.gif

Sienna - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,98 MB / .gif

TJGsiGs.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/07/2832702_TJGsiGs.gif

_______________________________________________________________________________________

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whether you're a ghost or not: Make sure to bind your personal signature to these Sigs...​
... you might even support the game & the dev a wee bit (without any haunting effects) :eek:!

And Lockheart: thanks for your new game & good luck with the future spooky development!

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Nice game with really nice characters - hope it doesn't degenerate like so many other games that start off nice
the only item I see off hand that seems to be somewhat poor is the movement of the characters, more of a slide than real movement

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
And while I normally avoid sandbox games like a plague, simply because they often contain grinding stats and no hints of what to do next, I have to say, I enjoyed it here. There is only a minimal "grind" in form of getting essence and that's it.
Well if grinding piss you of, you can use the console to modify the stats, in this case judy's essence and bye bye grinding even if minimal.:)

Jun 30, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "chapters/0prologue/1intro.rpyc", line 237, in script call
  File "game/locations/outside/west_of_stairs.rpyc", line 36, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1903, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1010, in menu
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 4242, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display\gesture.py", line 132, in event
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Looks interesting, but also looks like it's the last thing on Lockheart's priority list. His last patreon post about this was in September

Progress Report | The Judas Ghost - 09/28/2023
And everything since has been over the moon and petal remaster.

Also, how did a dev as experienced as Lockheart put out an initial release version 1.0.1??

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Looks interesting, but also looks like it's the last thing on Lockheart's priority list. His last patreon post about this was in September

And everything since has been over the moon and petal remaster.

Also, how did a dev as experienced as Lockheart put out an initial release version 1.0.1??
His posts on OTM also include some updated info on the status of TJG -

Dev Log from Dec 11 2023 :

Riam Mar (my current coder) and I are in talks regarding a total overhaul of how The Judas Ghost feels and plays. We're redoing the mechanics, overhauling the UI, and generally adding more to it. I have no idea how long this is going to take, but I'll keep you all appraised of my progress. Riam needs some time to get comfortable with the build, and then rework it. Then we'll make progress on implementing changes.

I already have a lot of renders complete for the next update of The Judas Ghost. Working on the build might not take as long as I'm afraid it will. I've been working on this game for around 18 months now. It's falling into place, but it has to rival the biggest dogs in the industry. It has to! So we're going to get this right one way or another. The story is awesome, the characters are great, the plot has some twists and turns coming. All we need is to make it fun and engaging to actually play. We'll get there

As far as the initial rev - perhaps the tester release was v 1.0 and he went with v 1.0.1 to designate the updated version shared with his supporters.

I personally don't care whether we got v 1.0 or v 1.0.1 so long as it works and represents what he wants to share with his supporters.

Cheers!! :coffee:

YodasEnkel

May 7, 2018
Hello,
a nice game so far. I've completed all the tasks so far, I'm only missing one:
I have to find an easel for Minerva!
I've gone through all the available rooms at different times and haven't found anything. I can't get one from Judy either.

Can anyone help me?

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Hello,
a nice game so far. I've completed all the tasks so far, I'm only missing one:
I have to find an easel for Minerva!
I've gone through all the available rooms at different times and haven't found anything. I can't get one from Judy either.

Can anyone help me?
Yeah, I had to look around for this too. It's a purchased item from the shop. If I remember right, you have to level up your affection or give essence to Judy or something to have it available. (It's been a while so I forget)

crankybutunbiased

Sep 22, 2021
From 11 hours ago, on Lockheart's Patreon:

The Chopping Block
Together we have all cultivated a community that thrived and flourished for over a decade. Our forest has been burning for a while now, and that fire is finally reaching my little corner of this wonderful grove.

I am so sorry to inform everyone that I will no longer be able to work on, feature, or otherwise associate with The Rose Garden trilogy here on Patreon. That includes A Petal Among Thorns, A Moment of Bliss, and Over the Moon.

I will officially only be working on The Judas Ghost for the foreseeable future. If you're supporting me here on Patreon, your money is going towards me making content for The Judas Ghost.

I know a lot of you are going to be angry. My survival is on the line at this point, and my head is on the chopping block. This is my attempt to save myself from destruction. I want to bring you all great stories, wonderful content, and many more years of warm, wholesome characters. I can only do that if I can survive this purge.

Thank you all for the years of support you've given me. With any luck, we'll have many more years together.

Stay hydrated

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
Up side; Lock is going to be getting this game a good amount of focus. Down side; he is having to stop supporting a bunch of his other content, which I think he really liked, due to Patreon's updates to their guidelines. Rather sad for the Roses though. Really hope Lock doesn't loose support for having to shift his focus like that.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes