redweiler2

Sep 19, 2018
Hi Just a quick update. I finished the User interface changes.
I'm not sure if it will be to everyone's liking, but I think it pretty cool. (Not perfect.)
The issues with unreadable font colours and running out of space for character stats as well as the replay screen limitations have all been resolved. The aspect ratio for the game has also been fixed to a standard size, but without changing the size or dimensions of the images (No stretching/cropping). It's all part of the new UI. Maybe some will hate it, we will see.

You guys must please let me know what you think when I release. Maybe I can upload a sample screenshot, from chapter 4 then you guys can give some feedback?

In any case, back to the progress. So I'm now making good progress with the story and is just focusing on converting that. I might be done with the the conversion tomorrow and will probably release Chapter 5 early next week.
Hi man thank you for all
Can you make a Renpy remake of Sexduction when you finish with this game?

Reactions: Alfius

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Hi man thank you for all
Can you make a Renpy remake of Sexduction when you finish with this game?
Actually, Sexduction is what really got this started!

So I wanted to play all the Games by Honeygames, having already played Follower and King of the beach. So Sexduction being the oldest, I really wanted to start with that one. I just found the Unity game almost unplayable and looking at the other two's Renpy conversions, I though, why not convert all the rest.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be much more difficult then I thought. So I contacted the other two developers and SecretSal's method of conversion seemed to be the most doable for me with my current Renpy/Unity skills. The current method is kind of a brute force method. I basically play the game and note changes in the variables by looking at saves and put my own spin on things. I look at a lot of clues, read the walkthroughs, look at images to see if I missed any paths by looking if there are any unused images left belonging to the chapter. Then I try and find the paths to get to the missing images. So almost like building a puzzle. The format of King of the Beach by SecretSal and The King is back, makes these games ideal for this converting manually, as it's mostly a linear path, with kind of solving a puzzle to solve the solution for all the girls. (It's a playing method used by a lot of games that involved some grind, including Big Brother, Man of the House, Cure My Addiction etc.)

Anyways, back to Sexduction. The biggest problem converting sexduction, is the lack of save ability. That makes it close to impossible to use this method of conversion. (Not totally impossible but almost. Using VMs could be a crude way to simulate saves.) So for all intensive purposeless I have to find or write a tool, that extract the logic from Unity and convert that to Renpy. I spoke to NightTrain that converted the Follower and he was willing to help. He gave me some pointers on how he did his conversion and told me to contact him if I get stuck (And I did get stuck :ROFLMAO:) . I also spoke to dsconstructor that did a unity mod for The Twist with very promising results.

So the conclusion to convert Sexduction is that I can not do it using the same methodology I used for The King is Back. I would need to use more advanced techniques that I'm not yet on top of. Once I'm done with TKIB, I will definitely look at converting Sexduction. My ultimate aim is to be able to convert Snake Thompson. :D (If HoneyGames does not do it himself. He mentioned several times that he might have a relook into that game)

TLDR; Sexduction is on my radar, but I can not use the same method I used for "The King is Back". I do not currently have the skills/tools to convert it, but I have an idea on what needs to be done to do it and will start work on this as soon as I'm done with this conversion.

redweiler2

Sep 19, 2018
Really appreciate your answer man :love::love:
I hope one day to find out how to do it
Thank you also for all your work !!!
But if you don't know how to make renpy mode
can you at least Extract CGs from Sexduction
sorry if i do not understand you I'm not good at english

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Really appreciate your answer man :love::love:
I hope one day to find out how to do it
Thank you also for all your work !!!
But if you don't know how to make renpy mode
can you at least Extract CGs from Sexduction
sorry if i do not understand you I'm not good at english
No worries, I still plan to make the game. But will send CGs if I do not succeed. :)

redweiler2

Sep 19, 2018
Just a warning on the next update:

1) Chapter 5 is much more complex then the previous chapters. It looks like there is multiple paths unlike the chapters up to now, which were more of a puzzle solution then branching paths.

2) Also as I already mentioned a couple of posts ago, I have run into some issues with my UI design. The characters faces will not fit in my top status bar, so I either need to move it like NCC, or make a different plan. My fonts color and menu item design, is not so good atm. on the one hand I like it with no background, as you can see the game images better, but because of the vastly different backgrounds (Dark and light), it become difficult to read on some scenes. since this game is heavy on dialogue choices and light on story text, the way to display menu choices is important. I'm also thinking of changing the games aspect ration to a more standard size and maybe incorporate that solution to resolve the both items mentioned her.

TLDR: I need to redesign the UI

So don't worry, the update is not going to take months, but I estimate it to take slightly more than 2 weeks.
Just a quick heads up.
hey man does the update coming soon?
If yes...then when? :giggle::giggle:
thank you for your work

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Hi there, just a quick update

I know it's been overdue now for a couple of days. (Since the beginning of the weekend :( )

95% of the content is done, but tying up all the loose ends is taking a bit of time. (Updating character status screens, finding and completing all the obscure routes that is not part of the main path etc.)

Chapter 6 will have similar challenges, so it will also take longer then 2 weeks. But I think chapter 7 will be quicker again, since it's starts from a clean base.

Not going to give a date again, since all I do is raise false hopes, but I t will be ready shortly.

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
First of all I want ot say thank you for doing this renpy conversion, since I did enjoy Follower and Mew Coral City alot and got more and more interessted in this world and all its characters made by HoneyGames.

The problem I have is that most of the time my actions I chose ingame doesn't progress the story and even looking at the hints doens't really give me the needed bit of information to know what to do next or where I have to go next.

I assume that "no more hints" stated on the info screen of each character means there is no more content available in this version. Because of this I focus on the characters left with hints available. Is my assumption correct or asked the other way around: If there is a hint available there is more content? Or could I still be at the end of the content even though the game shows me hints for a character and I'm just wasting my time because it won't progress without a new update?

Here are some examples of the hints I see at the stage of game I am at, but somehow don't find a way to progress the story:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

another example where I seem to be stuck:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
First of all I want ot say thank you for doing this renpy conversion, since I did enjoy Follower and Mew Coral City alot and got more and more interessted in this world and all its characters made by HoneyGames.
The problem I have is that most of the time my actions I chose ingame doesn't progress the story and even looking at the hints doens't really give me the needed bit of information to know what to do next or where I have to go next.
I assume that "no more hints" stated on the info screen of each character means there is no more content available in this version. Because of this I focus on the characters left with hints available. Is my assumption correct or asked the other way around: If there is a hint available there is more content? Or could I still be at the end of the content even though the game shows me hints for a character and I'm just wasting my time because it won't progress without a new update?
Here are some examples of the hints I see at the stage of game I am at, but somehow don't find a way to progress the story:
another example where I seem to be stuck:
All valid questions:
First of all, the hints is not a walkthrough, but it serves to gently prod you in the right direction to solve a problem.

So here are the detail:
Chapter: 4 (<-- is this somehow correlating with the version number I'm playing?)
The game is broken up into chapters and it does correlate to my updates as well. Certain events can only be happen in certain chapters, so if you complete the chapter and you missed those events, they will not be reachable anymore in the subsequent chapters.
This does not pertain to all events, some events that are essential to progression for that character, will stay available in subsequent characters. The original game was even more punishing, with you being unable to complete the game or progress on certain characters, if you did not complete certain events.

I assume that "no more hints" stated on the info screen of each character means there is no more content available in this version.
Partially correct. There could still be some character or different dialogue, but nothing that increases progress for that character. For instance that character might comment on something you did with another character. It might also be due to events being locked out due to your decisions. (Especially in the last 2 chapters). Also keep in mind that events (and hints) can become available again later in the chapter, due to other events happening.

So some assistance:
Hints:

Last edited:

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Thx alot Alfius for taking your time to answer all my questions. That's a great help, wouldn't have this figured out by myself.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes