Viktor Black

Developer of The Last Barbarian game
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
i wanted to ask a question for the dev:
Could we get a customization part ?
like 4 or 5 type of hair, 3 or 4 skin color, boob/butt sliders, type of nose/lips wanted, etc
Because the game looks really fine , but there is something that makes me LIKE the character but , that's all , not much

And yeah, rape = scene isn't a bad idea, but being the only way to get scenes is quite boring as i don't really like seeing my character die in any game
Customization – yes. Working on it right now.

About sex scenes – the are plenty non-lose sex scenes in a new update.
Also,

Reactions: Mark17 and MZZ

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Just re-tried this game and saw that a lot of time went in from what I remember it. The fighting is slow in my opinion though as if mc is trying to swing in water or something, then there is the section where you meet the warlocks for first time she attacks you before the cutscene with her is even over. THough i see the game is 'fleshing out' more and more and I LOVE the way you can heal the character ;)

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
I sure dont mind losing to see a scene, and I also know that there are plenty people that actually want to run their characters into bad situations (I mean thats what half of the Skyrim mods are for, or many female protagonist games)

People surely play these games to see some naughty content, and if the way is losing then so be it. But I guess making some scenes obtainable through winning, or having the losing part not actually set you back a lot seems a good idea.

Another thing I encountered in a few japanese games is that you unlock a "What If?" scene after you win a fight. Means if you dont like losing you can win a fight, and then check the unlocked scene to see what would happen if you would have lost. Seems like an ok mechanic to me, only that it wouldnt work well with progression, as nothing ever really happened in that case.

Viktor Black

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I sure dont mind losing to see a scene, and I also know that there are plenty people that actually want to run their characters into bad situations (I mean thats what half of the Skyrim mods are for, or many female protagonist games)

People surely play these games to see some naughty content, and if the way is losing then so be it. But I guess making some scenes obtainable through winning, or having the losing part not actually set you back a lot seems a good idea.

Another thing I encountered in a few japanese games is that you unlock a "What If?" scene after you win a fight. Means if you dont like losing you can win a fight, and then check the unlocked scene to see what would happen if you would have lost. Seems like an ok mechanic to me, only that it wouldnt work well with progression, as nothing ever really happened in that case.
Thanks for your suggestion, @Delmach
About win/lose situation – . All my thoughts :)

Reactions: erikus and ponyguy

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
@Viktor Black
I gave the latest Version a whirl, here some feedback. Please don't take it as complaints, just as bug reports.
- ESC key drops you on the main menu and resets your progress to the start of the level.
Expected: pause menu with options, back to game, back to main menu, quit to desktop
- Option menu with control information is unnecessary small.
- start area: stockade object has no boundary box
LB_1.jpg
- hud: Interact prompt below health&stamina for your gear chest does not clear
LB_2.jpg
- after picking up your gear, the player immediatly does an attack animation. Probably cued click I did before I got to the gear.
- Action cueing is still a thing. Can lock the player in quite a long string of actions.
- window mode: mouse is not always captured and clicking may throw the game in the background.
since you use mouse click to defend yourself, you are certainly fucked if that happens ;)
- "dieing" on the first level after getting your stuff, restarts you already equipped.
May be intentional and I welcome to not repeat "sub quests" in a level.
- In cutscenes, player model can be rotated with movement keys after a few seconds.
LB_3.jpg
- In archways, moving the camera close to a wall makes part of the level invisible.
Same effect sometimes occours for a split second while moving through the level normally.
LB_4.jpg
- Second level: barrel next to the first priestess fight is "walkable" space.
LB_5.jpg
- Second level: covered chair has no boundary box
- second level: brown orcs in the "pit" are spazzing out when trying to climb the stairs.
-> also you have a hard time hittem them, but they don't. Despite the high ground :D
-> because they can't walk the stairs, they can't reach me for the game over fucking.
LB_6.jpg
- Blowjob with crazy elf: right clicking leads to skull fucking :p
lb_7.jpg
-> pressing E jumps out of the Animation. May be intentional.
- After freeing the elf girl: She cheats and walks straight through the cage bars to her lover before transfering to her fucking animation.
Now some suggestions :)
- Make the barrels smashable. Maybe later when you have the gameplay more fleshed out, they may drop some useful items. (Health, throwing weapons, etc)
Also, smashing stuff is fun in itself ;)
- Elf blowjob: some indication that you reached your goal and can go free the girl.
- Cutscenes: give different actors different text colors when they speak (ye old Lucasarts adventure way).
Makes it easier to distinguish who is speaking.

Overall, very nice progress :)

Viktor Black

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Hi, @MZZ
Thank you for this great work! I'll do my best.

So:
1. These bugs will be fixed in a minor update soon:

- Option menu with control information is unnecessary small.
- start area: stockade object has no boundary box
- hud: Interact prompt below health&stamina for your gear chest does not clear
- In cutscenes, player model can be rotated with movement keys after a few seconds.
- In archways, moving the camera close to a wall makes part of the level invisible.
Same effect sometimes occours for a split second while moving through the level normally.
- After freeing the elf girl: She cheats and walks straight through the cage bars to her lover before transfering to her fucking animation.
- Second level: barrel next to the first priestess fight is "walkable" space.
- Second level: covered chair has no boundary box
second level: brown orcs in the "pit" are spazzing out when trying to climb the stairs.
- Blowjob with crazy elf: right clicking leads to skull fucking :p
Please, do not play this kind of games in a window mode :)
- window mode: mouse is not always captured and clicking may throw the game in the background.
since you use mouse click to defend yourself, you are certainly fucked if that happens ;)
This is classic Souls-like game experience. Queued actions, reborn stuff and "souls" money. I'm working in this direction.
- "dieing" on the first level after getting your stuff, restarts you already equipped.
May be intentional and I welcome to not repeat "sub quests" in a level.
- after picking up your gear, the player immediatly does an attack animation. Probably cued click I did before I got to the gear.
- Action cueing is still a thing. Can lock the player in quite a long string of actions.
Thank you! Great suggestions!
- Make the barrels smashable.
- Elf blowjob: some indication
give different actors different text colors

alcanii

Sep 3, 2017
rly love the game so far. what i miss the most atm is cum, whats a great fucking without cumming, pleace cream up the game. but overall its a rly nice approach and it looks rly good^^

Reactions: Viktor Black

Viktor Black

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
rly love the game so far. what i miss the most atm is cum, whats a great fucking without cumming, pleace cream up the game. but overall its a rly nice approach and it looks rly good^^
it's kinda tricky. But I'm working on it.

Reactions: Tomoushie

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
This is classic Souls-like game experience. Queued actions, reborn stuff and "souls" money. I'm working in this direction.
Are you saying that the queued inputs is intentional? Then I urge you to reconsider that decision. The queued inputs in Dark Souls is one of the things that is more frowned upon in that game.

Viktor Black

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Are you saying that the queued inputs is intentional? Then I urge you to reconsider that decision. The queued inputs in Dark Souls is one of the things that is more frowned upon in that game.
I'll think about this one more time, ok.

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
I'll think about this one more time, ok.
I must admit I'm one of the 3 persons that never played any Souls game.
So I didn't know that this is a thing and not a bug :coldsweat:

It certainly demands of the player to stay calm and not fall into panic/cookie clicker mode

Reactions: Viktor Black

Viktor Black

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I must admit I'm one of the 3 persons that never played any Souls game.
So I didn't know that this is a thing and not a bug :coldsweat:

It certainly demands of the player to stay calm and not fall into panic/cookie clicker mode
That's the point ;)

TrickyK

Jul 10, 2018
Queued actions is more of a thing to make people aware that once they press a button they are committed to the action. It's mainly to balance out large weapons in Dark Souls, but since we don't have different weapons right now it doesn't really do much.

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
I've played some more and found some more quirks :)

- At the Pit, there is a tentacle thing blocking the way at the end of the bridge. In theory at last.
You can walk through it and ignore the elf lover puzzle.
LB_1.jpg
- last archway before the demon hall, the dungeon tile seems not aligned properly. there is a small gap. Also the flickering/occlusion of geometry happens here more often.
LB_2.jpg
- after the demon monologue, I had a split second of control, then the camera snapped back to cutscene view and took control from me. The priestesses then killed me.
LB_3.jpg
-> next try, the problem did not occour, but killing the 3 pristesses did not end the level. Did I miss something?
What is the winning condition? I did run past all the monsters & puzzle to get quickly back to this room.

A suggestion about cutscenes:
Currently the text boxes are timed. Depending on text amount and personal reading speed,
the textboxes are either annoyingly to fast or annoyingly to slow. If you redo a section, it is always annoyingly to slow ;)
Could you change the textboxes to advance on "use key" ?
I know this would make the animations more difficult and dependent on the text advancement.
But you could quickly click through scenes you already know or have time to read the dialog without fear of getting whacked :)

Mchammer22

Jul 30, 2017
I went through the game until congratulations and did not find the gallery. Is she in the game?

tontoman

May 4, 2017

Yeah for a visual style game (1st/3rd person) there are other mechanics you can throw in. Clothing damage (although, kinda have to start with some :p), inflation, cum coating effects, bondage etc.
which are a few from Skyrim (Cursed Loot, Fill Her up 'giants ftw!', Devious devices etc.).
So you can 'lose', pay a penalty (some just visual) and still continue on, and have a visual treat afterwards until she cleans up or somehow fixes the problem.

The old 'long path of horrible things that can happen to the hero'. Because for me at least, canned animations get old quickly, or you have to have a ton of them like Skyrim. And the fact 3dcg CGs and animations are in so many of the game now, I've had my fill of seeing 3dcg blowjobs.
But seeing a visually mess up hero trudging along somehow doesn't get old... I guess it doesn't hurt that the adventure part of Skyrim is good just in itself also.

Traps would also be another way to introduce situations that doesn't require a loss and goes with the setting.

4.00 star(s) 52 Votes