4.60 star(s) 16 Votes

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Questions:
* I wonder, are there any non-VN stories (aka books or short stories) by Mrgt set in this world? It seems to be very fleshed out world & setting where the VN (currently) only scratches the surface...
* Is there a way to get to the farm in this version?
* Does joining the bandits lock you out of other factions or questlines in the future?

Suggestion:
Copy&paste a "To be continued in the next update" to the last journal entry of each open quest unless the quest has a conclusion in the current version. I have plenty of entries where i tried and failed to progress: In the darkness:"Come to Niahs house at night", Road into the past: "Find a way to cure the horse", Deception "Find Soren", Abussytism "Find out more about Abussytism", Baroness "Return to Jane with Adell" (this one had a ingame message about end of content however). Only "The man that leaves no marks" has such a line currently...

Last edited:

Mrgt's Slave

Apr 24, 2019
Questions:
* I wonder, are there any non-VN stories (aka books or short stories) by Mrgt set in this world? It seems to be very fleshed out world & setting where the VN (currently) only scratches the surface...
* Does joining the bandits lock you out of other factions or questlines in the future?

Suggestion:
Copy&paste a "To be continued in the next update" to the last journal entry of each open quest unless the quest has a conclusion in the current version. I have plenty of entries where i tried and failed to progress: In the darkness:"Come to Niahs house at night", Road into the past: "Find a way to cure the horse", Deception "Find Soren", Abussytism "Find out more about Abussytism", Baroness "Return to Jane with Adell" (this one had a ingame message about end of content however). Only "The man that leaves no marks" has such a line currently...
Hi.

There's no books right about the TLE story, but there's some little (and not little) story in its world about other characters and things. If you joined game discord you can ask MrgT (aka Midgard Nua'ra) about them and I'm sure she'll share some.

Yes, you can get to the farm in the current update using map on the desk in Faces' shelter (like you did for the Baroness quest)

About bandits... That's a difficult question. So far it's locked anything.

Quests Road into the past, Deception, Abussytism and Baroness are unfinished yet. Quest In the Darkness has a little more content if you come to the village after 21:00 and go to the Niah's place (where she stood usually). The end of this quest is the scene with Niah and her husband and one more man in their house.

Reactions: hermesh

Mrgt's Slave

Apr 24, 2019
If nothing happens when you come to the village, you can send me or MrgT (using Discord) your save file and we'll help you

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Questions:

Suggestion:
2 semi short stories set in distant past and not that distant past. both are in op and need tle to work. there's also game set in ~current time where distant relative of this game's mc adventures.
mc can goto farm etc after joining to so called bandits (no need to kill village elder's son or envoy).
niah's house reqs that you talk to that ex-warrior and ask his help.
road into past isn't available yet.
curing horse same.
same with rest of quests on your list.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Hi.

There's no books right about the TLE story, but there's some little (and not little) story in its world about other characters and things. If you joined game discord you can ask MrgT (aka Midgard Nua'ra) about them and I'm sure she'll share some.
Thanks, will do so.

Yes, you can get to the farm in the current update using map on the desk in Faces' shelter (like you did for the Baroness quest)
Ah i see, yes i did that quest just didn't connect the dots about locations on the regular map and the faces map.

Quests Road into the past, Deception, Abussytism and Baroness are unfinished yet. Quest In the Darkness has a little more content if you come to the village after 21:00 and go to the Niah's place (where she stood usually). The end of this quest is the scene with Niah and her husband and one more man in their house.
Niah: i saw the scene & there is even more extra content after that: i was able ask several villagers for help - no one wanted to, but in the Shadows hideout Nordack and the MC actually created an abduction plan. The next step is to go back there at night to actually get her (but thats the current end).

Anyway i started to look into the game files to find out how far the quests go. Its really a minor suggestion & not important for me, might be be convenient feature for non-coders just to know ingame whether looking for more content in a particular quest makes sense. E.g. some might start to grind the required 100 gold for the main quest by selling potions which takes forever, only to be disappointed that it doesn't continue in the current version - and later versions might have far more interesting ways to get the money required for the main quest.

If you want, i could make a small patch next week, basically adding the line
$ChangeTextInQuestList(<quest name>, <quest type>, "<copy&paste current text>\n\nTo be continued in the next update.")
at the current end of each storyline. Impressive code btw. compared to most other VNs!

Last edited:

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
2 semi short stories set in distant past and not that distant past. both are in op and need tle to work. there's also game set in ~current time where distant relative of this game's mc adventures.
thank you, i will check them out.

mc can goto farm etc after joining to so called bandits (no need to kill village elder's son or envoy).
niah's house reqs that you talk to that ex-warrior and ask his help.
road into past isn't available yet.
curing horse same.
same with rest of quests on your list.
I actually asked Nordack for help and next step is to free her at night (i did get the peeking scene earlier on).
Edit: Ok it goes even further than that, just triggered the next part!

thanks for confirmation for the other quests!

Last edited:

Mrgt's Slave

Apr 24, 2019
Niah: i saw the scene & there is even more extra content after that: i was able ask several villagers for help - no one wanted to, but in the Shadows hideout Nordack and the MC actually created an abduction plan. The next step is to go back there at night to actually get her (but thats the current end).
- That's not. You can go there during the night and see Niah one more time.

Mrgt's Slave

Apr 24, 2019
$ChangeTextInQuestList(<quest name>, <quest type>, "<copy&paste current text>\n\nTo be continued in the next update.")
at the current end of each storyline. Impressive code btw. compared to most other VNs!
Thanks, but it's not necessary. MrgT's working on 0.1 version for now and there won't be many unfinished quests (2-3 maybe). Lots of half-finished paths is one of the reason why she decided to create large 0.1 version instead of many 0.0.4-0.0.9.

Mrgt's Slave

Apr 24, 2019
BTW, that's impressive that you understand her code:D:)

• Haha
Reactions: hermesh and cxx

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
is it that spaghetti? :p
No, i liked to read it. I mean, of course everyone codes less readable if you don't expect other people have to use and understand your code, esp. skipping documentation. But the variables and functions are so well named its easy to undestand what they represent or do. And fortunately its full code for both russian and english. Some russian devs only code in russian, and put the translation separate from the code. While that leads to less duplication, its far better to understand for me the way she did it since i don't speak russian.

Also, the custom mechanics and code is really impressive - most renpy VNs are text, pictures and some decisions with variables attached. Here its custom menus, combat system, inventory system, character progression with skills, diary, alchemy etc. . When you open the menu its more like Witcher or Skyrim than your typical VN. And thats actually really hard to do from scratch

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mrgt's Slave

Mrgt's Slave

Apr 24, 2019
No, i liked to read it. I mean, of course everyone codes less readable if you don't expect other people have to use and understand your code, esp. skipping documentation. But the variables and functions are so well named its easy to undestand what they represent or do. And fortunately its full code for both russian and english. Some russian devs only code in russian, and put the translation separate from the code. While that leads to less duplication, its far better to understand for me the way she did it since i don't speak Russian.
hmm... Strange... Maybe I'm the only one who has a lot of difficulty finding the right function in her code...

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Mrgt's Slave

Apr 24, 2019
Some russian devs only code in russian, and put the translation separate from the code. While that leads to less duplication, its far better to understand for me the way she did it since i don't speak russian.
Looks like she doesn't know about that. haha

Also, the custom mechanics and code is really impressive - most renpy VNs are text, pictures and some decisions with variables attached. Here its custom menus, combat system, inventory system, character progression with skills, diary, alchemy etc. . When you open the menu its more like Witcher or Skyrim than your typical VN. And thats actually really hard to do from scratch
Yes it is. But she seems to want more. Much more... Her new combat system (for 0.1) is similar to something in WoW or DAO where you can choose which skill you want to use in each slot + hotkeys. She also plans to add something like a real-time missions like in DAI/WoW where you have to wait a while for the quest to complete.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
hmm... Strange... Maybe I'm the only one who has a lot of difficulty finding the right function in her code...
Well i have to confess i didn't load it into an IDE, i just used notepad++ to explore and AstroGrep to find the source files for variables and function calls. Also just trying to understand is easier than using or changing it. Still, its quite readable (or maybe i just experienced too many horrors from my coworkers in that regard :D )

Yes it is. But she seems to want more. Much more... Her new combat system (for 0.1) is similar to something in WoW or DAO where you can choose which skill you want to use in each slot + hotkeys. She also plans to add something like a real-time missions like in DAI/WoW where you have to wait a while for the quest to complete.
Wow ok that would be super impressive. Hope its also fun to do since most people are probably focusing on the great storytelling and worldbuilding (and of course the erotic parts) without putting much focus on combat (or realizing how hard that is from scratch without a base system like RPGM)

Last edited:

Mrgt's Slave

Apr 24, 2019
Wow ok that would be super impressive. Hope its also fun to do since most people are probably focusing on the great storytelling and worldbuilding (and of course the erotic parts) without putting much focus on combat (or realizing how hard that is from scratch without a base system like RPGM)
To be honest, I think she enjoys testing her and Ren'py limits. Haha. The more difficult the task, the more interest she has to implement it in the game.

At the moment, according to her, the most difficult thing is to make sure that in the romantic lines the players want exactly romance, and not just see the sex scene. She writes everything very well in general, at least in Russian, but complains that she does not feel what she wants the players to feel

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
At the moment, according to her, the most difficult thing is to make sure that in the romantic lines the players want exactly romance, and not just see the sex scene.
I don't remember posts complaining about the lovely scene between Lora and Annie near the lake nor about their decision to wait for the right moment. Margarita shouldn't have any doubts, people who enjoy her creation have understood that it's more about love than sex, though the former should eventually lead to the latter.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mrgt's Slave

Mrgt's Slave

Apr 24, 2019
I don't remember posts complaining about the lovely scene between Lora and Annie near the lake nor about their decision to wait for the right moment. Margarita shouldn't have any doubts, people who enjoy her creation have understood that it's more about love than sex, though the former should eventually lead to the latter.
she always doubts her work and how people will perceive it. And in future updates, she wants players to feel the kind of love connection between the characters that she is trying to create. Not necessarily a connection between Lora and Annie, but between Lora/Annie and the character with whom the player wants to romance. To make it interesting for players not only in terms of sex scenes.

Other than that, she also does a lot of sex-for-sex-style scenes (avoidable of course). And her task is to make it so that players who only want to see a certain romance line have the opportunity to avoid everything else: other romance lines and just non-romance sex scenes. And make some avoidances not so easy, so that the players have an interest in keeping the main character pure.

However, I think she will be pleased to know that you liked the scene near the lake. ;)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: hermesh and Udayana

darkslide5006

Jan 13, 2019
the creator said that TLE about would be next year at its soonest. in the mean time, life long secret is in progress while TLE is on hold. same creator IIRC. anyway, i dunno about the spin-off and stuff. might be imposing but id rather make progress with TLE than make different spin-off of that game while the main one had barely had any progress at all.

4.60 star(s) 16 Votes