Athryn

Jan 17, 2018
Does anyone know if you have to invest in Orri's Potions and more to later give her the option to move her to ardford? Or can you just skip that and go straight to the restaurant?
You do not, I never invested in potions and more in my playthrough but still got them to move (you do need to invest in the givini tea shop, though)

Reactions: Waxer

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Does anyone know if you have to invest in Orri's Potions and more to later give her the option to move her to ardford? Or can you just skip that and go straight to the restaurant?
the potion and more investment doesn't block or is a prerequisite for the event chain to send her (and her mother) in ardford
if you have done the investment (potion and more) you don't receive any return from it after the moving.

Reactions: Waxer

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
rafael's guide is so outdated to be nearly worthless, you can use for simon's route, because is unchanged, but you should refrain to use the rest of the guide
The best walkthrough was that simplified/optmized one they deleted. But rafael's not that bad.

I don't use it for choices, but for a condensed source of information regarding things like "items, quests optimal order and general steps. For instance, For instance, I had trouble finding elsewhere what where the requirements for aka's custom dagger quest trigger (35k pron).

The calculator is very good, but it won't tell me how many monsters there are on the map, it won't tell me how many items I missed and such, and having to go through 6-8 tabs while playing is annoying.

I do get what you're saying though, I just left stineford, and "a big no" for me in his version was whoring Qum, and hiring a prostitute, hurting Aka's rp by a bit.

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
The best walkthrough was that simplified/optmized one they deleted. But rafael's not that bad.

I don't use it for choices, but for a condensed source of information regarding things like "items, quests optimal order and general steps. For instance, For instance, I had trouble finding elsewhere what where the requirements for aka's custom dagger quest trigger (35k pron).

The calculator is very good, but it won't tell me how many monsters there are on the map, it won't tell me how many items I missed and such, and having to go through 6-8 tabs while playing is annoying.

I do get what you're saying though, I just left stineford, and "a big no" for me in his version was whoring Qum, and hiring a prostitute, hurting Aka's rp by a bit.
that walkthrough was made just after the reunion, at the time the drawback for whoring qum was only the -10 rp (and without BoY aka rp doesn't seem critical), after the dev put a lot of more penalties for whoring qum rafael 'reagequitted' his guide.

if you for "simplified/optmized" mean the max one, still exist ( ) name was changed because the project was abandoned and the old name was a bit misguiding.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
You do not, I never invested in potions and more in my playthrough but still got them to move (you do need to invest in the givini tea shop, though)
the potion and more investment doesn't block or is a prerequisite for the event chain to send her (and her mother) in ardford
if you have done the investment (potion and more) you don't receive any return from it after the moving.
Thanks!

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
Would there be a some event or Time after Ardford summit in Chap 2 where be better other results where better/more usefull than the one best possible Result with Dwarven Embassy which is in the Wiki described?

Dragul17

Aug 12, 2018
This is one of those games that a walkthrough is thoroughly needed or half the game would be missed. If you tried winging it you'd definitely fail big time.

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
I am in the alt realm where i can get Wendis back but the mini game with doors and switchs is just ridiculous. I can now see why a bunch of folks complain. Why make the crap so tedious and hard. Is a game, not national security. Othr than the mini game HELL the game is good. But the mini games just make folks close the game and never return. Very sad.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I am in the alt realm where i can get Wendis back but the mini game with doors and switchs is just ridiculous. I can now see why a bunch of folks complain. Why make the crap so tedious and hard. Is a game, not national security. Othr than the mini game HELL the game is good. But the mini games just make folks close the game and never return. Very sad.
What are you talking about? That is at least part of why so many of us love this game... and that particular part is nowhere near as difficult now as it was originally when you didn't even get to see which block moved once you turned the switch.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
This is one of those games that a walkthrough is thoroughly needed or half the game would be missed. If you tried winging it you'd definitely fail big time.
I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, the walkthrough is pretty essential to an optimal gameplay experience; at the very least, being able to miss Altina without the walkthrough pointing her out is a major design misstep. I play Dark Souls, so having a wiki open while I play a game isn't new, but I can see someone used to more straightforward games stumbling if they go into things blind.

What are you talking about? That is at least part of why so many of us love this game... and that particular part is nowhere near as difficult now as it was originally when you didn't even get to see which block moved once you turned the switch.
I'm personally neutral on the switch puzzle myself, though again, I had the walkthrough to help me out. To be fair, I didn't find it hard nor tedious with said walkthrough open, but that might just be me. However, I suppose you might say that a simple switch puzzle might not have 'fit' Wendis's Realm; if I had my druthers, I'd have switched the pyramid mural puzzle (you know, the one in Zirantia) with this one; messing about with mechanical switches in a pyramid and collecting ancient mystical clues in a hellish netherworld just feel better than vice versa, I think.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017

Reactions: George Halstead

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
I am missing something that will not allow me to open the ancient ruins. It says i need to improve my other countries first but i iam not sure what is left to finish.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I am missing something that will not allow me to open the ancient ruins. It says i need to improve my other countries first but i iam not sure what is left to finish.
the sum of new ginivi, chalice states and tak'kan score must be 100+ for allow to open the ruins

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016

this is the run, the war section and beyond is outdated and need to be reworked (i plan this before the front result calculation) and with a quick view i think i need to go for early troop path for achive all the best treshold in the war, but peraphs there is a way to keep the hold troop.
From which point do you think this should be reworked? My concern with this doc are the Ginasta rp penalties.

I can't plan my playthrough without diving in heavy spoiler territory (anything after zirantia in chapter 3). So my hands are tied.

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
From which point do you think this should be reworked? My concern with this doc are the Ginasta rp penalties.

I can't plan my playthrough without diving in heavy spoiler territory (anything after zirantia in chapter 3). So my hands are tied.
this was a old iteration. my most recent is this: (i want open the ruins before the big event in the end of chapter 4 four... because reason), but 0nymous was talking about open the ruins after that, so i give him the last iteration with the ruins open after that.
well keep in mind, for planing a playthrough you must know all the game (release up to date), i usualy rework mine every couple of updates

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Fulminato can you share your walkthrough friend ? Would help the less detail oriented like myself.
my most recent is this:
this is the short version, the last round of chapter 4 investment need to be reworked, but i want wait the pubblic release first. but until then it's pretty solid.
if you want a more detailed one, you must be more specific.

4.50 star(s) 181 Votes