Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Is there any ramifications from Simon not turning over the deed to Vinario to the orcs? I'm doing a new play-through and at this decision. Thanks.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
first thing, why don't you hire any prostitute in stineford? if you pay the sx before robin join and you choose the disguised succubus after find the tower, you don't lose any rp, gain a yarra rp +1, and more important you can refuse whoring qum. with this rp +5 mean you can reach 100 before the start of yarra route.
(in the 0.49.X content a character gain some RP if you explicitly refuse di whore her)

if your qum's rp are 100+ tshe can join all the four scene (and grant yarra rp +5). with 95 rp she join only two scene. sleeping add the ability to join one more, so leave in the last spot you miss one scene, with at least one empress favor point.
On my file I only hired the disguised prostitute once, after the tower being discovered, just to trigger the whore qum prompt, and I told no. Is there any point in force maxing Yarra there using the prostitute? Because in my last playthrough I didnt, and yarra just got maxed normally throught the game.

Qum's affection going into Yarra's route is already maxed, so she can join everything I'm pretty sure. Also from what I'm seeing, even if Qum is maxed you have to sleep at least once no matter what (or am I wrong?).

Anyway my doubt was about leaving the fucklord/lord of blood investigations to the last two slots. Is there really any point to it if my Qum is already maxed?

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
To be fair, charging 5 sx a head won't fix infrastructure any time soon. But I do see your point. That is a lot to ask from a foreign power, and is a similar reason to why I never funded The orcish democracy for Grubak on principle.
On the other other hand, Zirtania was never the strongest of countries and in the space of a year they were attack literally 4 times by much stronger powers. (Seed of corruption, FL attack at the end of the 3rd war, FL attack during his tower invasion, FL massacre and Divine claw coup killing the royal family and no doubt others during the Erosian invasion) And as Fulminato said, the NUP was just one very small party. They are going to need some help.

And as to why the doom King doesn't invade and take over. Backlash. Zirtania would go through civil war over the fact. Ardford and Aram would likely go to war to keep back Doom king take over.
A much better solution is to have the local NUP in charge, with Simon as a 'silent partner'/ Friend with benefits based on the wingjob!
Add to the fat that if your going to take over Ziratnia your going to have to send in troops and in order to do that you have to go through Arford first you could go by teleportation but that will take time to set up.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Is there any ramifications from Simon not turning over the deed to Vinario to the orcs? I'm doing a new play-through and at this decision. Thanks.
no rammification, you lose a lot of stats and keeping it doesn't give you nothing (for now, and it isn't a retoric statement)

Fulminato I want Ginasta in the Harem big time, is it possible currently ? If so, how. I know i am missing quite a few things so i keep replaying.
no, ginasta is on the loose, for now. me with a lot of other think she will be last combat harem member, but for now nothing.

On my file I only hired the disguised prostitute once, after the tower being discovered, just to trigger the whore qum prompt, and I told no. Is there any point in force maxing Yarra there using the prostitute? Because in my last playthrough I didnt, and yarra just got maxed normally throught the game.
not for yarra rp, but the +5 qum rp for refuse.

Qum's affection going into Yarra's route is already maxed, so she can join everything I'm pretty sure. Also from what I'm seeing, even if Qum is maxed you have to sleep at least once no matter what (or am I wrong?).
in your calculator save qum rp are 95, add the refuse bonus and she is capped.

Anyway my doubt was about leaving the fucklord/lord of blood investigations to the last two slots. Is there really any point to it if my Qum is already maxed?
if your qum is maxed, sleeping can be done in the last slot as well.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
no rammification, you lose a lot of stats and keeping it doesn't give you nothing (for now, and it isn't a retoric statement)

no, ginasta is on the loose, for now. me with a lot of other think she will be last combat harem member, but for now nothing.

not for yarra rp, but the +5 qum rp for refuse.

in your calculator save qum rp are 95, add the refuse bonus and she is capped.

if your qum is maxed, sleeping can be done in the last slot as well.
Weird, that file is wrong then... somehow.

Kaplan

Mar 6, 2019
this was a old iteration. my most recent is this: (i want open the ruins before the big event in the end of chapter 4 four... because reason), [..]
That should be a mistake for min-maxers. It prevents you from buying all the investments + stuff in second last iteration to reach the maximum tresholds for the army - which you need for said big event, and only for that. And the big takedown is that loosing maxed army for opening the ruins is round about the same as not opening the ruins. But with less money. You even missed out the Theltiar Rentals. Looks pretty much not optimal to me.

Also givini tunnels give a very nice bonus during the synod. And they are a decent investment too, though a quite expensive one. I made sure to buy it as early as possible and devinitely before the synod. Was a very good choice though I pretty much payed by not buying neither war monument nor givini magic acadamy in the very first iteration of chapter 4. Which did cost me 1 point in the donovan(?) succession score.

Also from a synods point of view there is no reason to let dari join the harem befor. The vote you want it for is very easily done with just beginning the research for unpeople transformation in that very iteration (and even without research at all as long as the succubi got accepted and the unpeople motion failed - which are both must haves for minmaxers).

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
I started over from scratch and got to the point where Simon has his own Incubus King castle. The only problem is that Hilstara has totally disappeared?! She used to be sitting next to one of the bathing pools downstairs. In my version, Hilstara survived the war with some damage, but would be able to fight in weeks or a couple of months. Where is she hiding? Thanks.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
If Biyue is play the political games again i will be not annoyed but extremly pissed!

Aside from Zirantia and it's leaders. Sierra Lee was mentioned erlier there is several potential new staff members we can have in this update, but i don't find anyone except Renna. Can anyone of the game's Guru enlighten me on this subject?
If it makes you feel any better, after you do the infrastructure investment, Biyue promises not to request anything more of you than she already has.

Renna is the only new staff member most players will actually be able to get this update. Up to 3 new harem members, though.
I started over from scratch and got to the point where Simon has his own Incubus King castle. The only problem is that Hilstara has totally disappeared?! She used to be sitting next to one of the bathing pools downstairs. In my version, Hilstara survived the war with some damage, but would be able to fight in weeks or a couple of months. Where is she hiding? Thanks.
I wouldn't call it "hiding" at all, but she should be in the northwest room of the ground floor.

Darkhorn

Nov 23, 2019
If it makes you feel any better, after you do the infrastructure investment, Biyue promises not to request anything more of you than she already has.

Renna is the only new staff member most players will actually be able to get this update. Up to 3 new harem members, though
It's good to hear that it's the last of her requests) I hope she keep this promise)

Ow. I thought that there is more staff members except Renna.
Thank you for reply!

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
That should be a mistake for min-maxers. It prevents you from buying all the investments + stuff in second last iteration to reach the maximum tresholds for the army - which you need for said big event, and only for that. And the big takedown is that loosing maxed army for opening the ruins is round about the same as not opening the ruins. But with less money. You even missed out the Theltiar Rentals. Looks pretty much not optimal to me.

Also givini tunnels give a very nice bonus during the synod. And they are a decent investment too, though a quite expensive one. I made sure to buy it as early as possible and devinitely before the synod. Was a very good choice though I pretty much payed by not buying neither war monument nor givini magic acadamy in the very first iteration of chapter 4. Which did cost me 1 point in the donovan(?) succession score.

Also from a synods point of view there is no reason to let dari join the harem befor. The vote you want it for is very easily done with just beginning the research for unpeople transformation in that very iteration (and even without research at all as long as the succubi got accepted and the unpeople motion failed - which are both must haves for minmaxers).
make more money for the sake of gain more money is pointless.
i hit all the best threshold during all chapter 4 sections (war included), so, why take a wrost approach if i can go for the best everywhere?
stop tanurak in full mean gain 100K more pron return in a new investment (a investment costing 100K) theltiar rental return 90K (and cost 425K)

It's good to hear that it's the last of her requests) I hope she keep this promise)
the dev state she doesn't plan to add any other investment in zirantia.

Ow. I thought that there is more staff members except Renna.
Thank you for reply!
if church diverge you can recruit beatrice (the nun asking to close the disturbance in ardford cathedral during the summit), she join sarai in her tower, but she count a palace staff. [you need to have complete the magical rift questo during the summit, or talk to her during the summit, during the succession crisis and in chapter 4).
based on her dialogue she probably can be recruit in a later moment if your church doesn't diverge (churc diverge is for the moment the wrost outcome, so this can be a consolation prize)

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorn

Kaplan

Mar 6, 2019
make more money for the sake of gain more money is pointless.
i hit all the best threshold during all chapter 4 sections (war included), so, why take a wrost approach if i can go for the best everywhere?
stop tanurak in full mean gain 100K more pron return in a new investment (a investment costing 100K) theltiar rental return 90K (and cost 425K)

There will always be a way to spent money. There was quite some at the first part of chapter 5 as far as I can see. Though you seem to have intel which is not implemented in the guides yet, because there is no 100k investment during the erosian war. So you've got to mean a ch5 investment (probably the one which is like the givini orc trader in chapter 4) but there is no information in the investments page yet. Is there more profit if [T - Erosia] is off?

Anyway the theltiar rentals have paid for 2 iterations at that point at the very least (3 times for me). Breaking even or not is quite a question of how many iterations we get in chapter 5 + they give hidden score too. Comparing that to - just for example - buying the mercenary flottilla is ... well, go bribe the bank instead of wasting 300k after 4 iterations. Though really I made sure to take all the important switches and save my money instead of going for the high end solutions (meaning I took -2 for ghant + the switch and kept the money). They tend to be not worth the trouble. In the end the fleet was the very one investment I didn't make for the very reason you stated yourself. :)

D

Deleted member 1313226

There will always be a way to spent money. There was quite some at the first part of chapter 5 as far as I can see. Though you seem to have intel which is not implemented in the guides yet, because there is no 100k investment during the erosian war. So you've got to mean a ch5 investment (probably the one which is like the givini orc trader in chapter 4) but there is no information in the investments page yet. Is there more profit if [T - Erosia] is off?

Anyway the theltiar rentals have paid for 2 iterations at that point at the very least (3 times for me). Breaking even or not is quite a question of how many iterations we get in chapter 5 + they give hidden score too. Comparing that to - just for example - buying the mercenary flottilla is ... well, go bribe the bank instead of wasting 300k after 4 iterations. Though really I made sure to take all the important switches and save my money instead of going for the high end solutions (meaning I took -2 for ghant + the switch and kept the money). They tend to be not worth the trouble. In the end the fleet was the very one investment I didn't make for the very reason you stated yourself. :)
Remember that the Cee'Kan shipping complains about sea monsters. A mercenary flotilla might still come in handy down the road. :)

As Fulminato has pointed out, until the game is finished, we're always speculating about what the optimal path is, which is part of the fun. Carry on.

Kaplan

Mar 6, 2019
Remember that the Cee'Kan shipping complains about sea monsters. A mercenary flotilla might still come in handy down the road. :)

As Fulminato has pointed out, until the game is finished, we're always speculating about what the optimal path is, which is part of the fun. Carry on.
Yeah that's true. And that's why it really was a hard choice to abandon the flotilla. We've got airship trading now and I got it extra early to get some decent fleet and not only the absolute minimum... whatever that's worth. :D
However I've got to replay from start of third arclent war anyway sometime in the future (there was stuff at the synod I could not accomplish because aram score is hard to get...) . Though I'll wait for some more updates to really do it.

btw at Fulminato - despite critizising some details I do cherrish your guides and efforts a lot. I think it was you who helped me to get the megail gift investment working without whoring Qum. Which is a difference like day and night. So thx :)

4.50 star(s) 181 Votes