manscout

Jun 13, 2018
is this game only text or does it have actual cg since it has both text based and 2dcg tags?
Pretty much only text, has a couple RPG maker sprite sex animations at some points in the game but it is almost not worth mentioning.

Sometime this year the game should be getting some actual art for the sex scenes though.

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
How many profit cycles are there before the start of the Erosian War, assuming the 1st one is in the throne room just having defeated the Incubus Emperor? I'm trying to get the Incubus pin, before fighting the Fucklord. Thanks.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
How many profit cycles are there before the start of the Erosian War, assuming the 1st one is in the throne room just having defeated the Incubus Emperor? I'm trying to get the Incubus pin, before fighting the Fucklord. Thanks.
This I think is the most up to date version. Made by Fulminato

Reactions: Mikey Mike

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
Nsfw game vine parodies? This might be a first, but it's good for a laugh. This video was actually pretty funny, if you've played the game.
(spoilers)

Reactions: Waxer

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
Just finished the chapter 5 Eustrin section. I'll hold out on playing the free roam for a couple of updates.

I'm not extremely happy with how chapter 4 turned out. It somehow managed to feel both rushed and uneventful at the same time. Metaphysical mumbo jumbo, rushed Orc evolution and Succubus integration in society and lack of worthwhile threats didn't do it any favors. Simon and Meghail were always a bit ridiculous, but Riala, Robin and Balia are especially broken, and not in a good way.

I also just wish that instead of cgs, Sierra would focus on improving the overall textures, sprites and character's portraits of the game. Simon's dark sprite is pretty goofy, his portrait is poorly photoshoped, kalant is cockeyed, different contries have completely different avatar artstyles, and so on. Perhaps adding cgs to every scene is unfeasable, but surely improving on the overall rpgmaker art assets and making them consistent is not.

On the other hand, Sierra skill for balancing all gameplay aspects is fucking ridiculous, and she has autistically funny moments spreaded out all across the game. I lost my shit on various moments while playing, most recently with on Tertia's first encounter. Unless she fucks up the ending pretty badly, which is highly unlikely, I'll be at least buying the token dlc on steam.

All in all is was a great ride.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
I'm, uh, not entirely sure what your post says, due to the April 1 prank, but I can respond to one thing: Countries having completely different avatar styles is intentional. People from different regions look different! Especially noticeable with succubi.

Anyway, adding CGs to every scene is the goal, and it seems like that goal has just been met through Chapter 1, as we should see in the next release.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
I'm, uh, not entirely sure what your post says, due to the April 1 prank, but I can respond to one thing: Countries having completely different avatar styles is intentional. People from different regions look different! Especially noticeable with succubi.

Anyway, adding CGs to every scene is the goal, and it seems like that goal has just been met through Chapter 1, as we should see in the next release.
Well, no shit...

But Intentional, as in:

"Well i need to represent this different culture, but me dont want to use the same npc portraits as always because it would be lame thing"

Option 1: I get some new custom portraits/sprites made with matching art style by an ok artist. But that would be complicated."

Option 2: "Just go with these other rpgmaker standard stock art, it's free and simple!"

She went with 2. And while I can see why some people would be ok with that, I'm not the biggest fan. One of the reasons I couldn't get into rounscape and that legend of queen opala game.

Anyway, it's not a lost cause, I don't think. She'll probably want to at least fix the poorly photoshoped ones at some point.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I'm not extremely happy with how chapter 4 turned out. It somehow managed to feel both rushed and uneventful at the same time. Metaphysical mumbo jumbo, rushed Orc evolution and Succubus integration in society and lack of worthwhile threats didn't do it any favors. Simon and Meghail were always a bit ridiculous, but Riala, Robin and Balia are especially broken, and not in a good way.
i think you will more disappointed by the chapter 5, the "metaphysical mumbo jumbo" is all you got from now to the end.
and i don't understand what you mean with "broken"

I also just wish that instead of cgs, Sierra would focus on improving the overall textures, sprites and character's portraits of the game. Simon's dark sprite is pretty goofy, his portrait is poorly photoshoped, kalant is cockeyed, different contries have completely different avatar artstyles, and so on. Perhaps adding cgs to every scene is unfeasable, but surely improving on the overall rpgmaker art assets and making them consistent is not.
different art style (as falafelswoop said) it's intentional, the difference between simon's green and dark sprite it's only the color of the clothing and nothing more by the way. the only portraits ugly beyond measure are the hilstara ones, they need to be rebuilt from scratch, but the other are ok.

another thing will be move from 'stock' rpgmaker art assets and replace with custom one, but, sadly, the impact will be negligible overall.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
i think you will more disappointed by the chapter 5, the "metaphysical mumbo jumbo" is all you got from now to the end.
and i don't understand what you mean with "broken"
Broken as tools for the story to move foward and for Simon to reach his objectives. They can do anything and everything they want for bullshit reasons, nobody can do anything to them for bullshit reasons. They're bullshit and their magic is bullshit. It's just bad writting and it brings down the story a lot.

Some time ago people in the whole continent didn't even know there were other incubus kings, zero globalization. Now we just do whtever the hell we want, like damn, 2 mages vs everything to ever come from Arclent. They're sure are superior mages to be able to do all those things no one ever could before and bring the world 1000 years worth of "magical" advancement huh... (I'm being ironic, it's obviously bullshit.)

Bringing in more issues with the meta bullshit story... Am I supposed to believe that Simon's ex wife would become a metaphysical "full hatred demon" in another dimension? In 27 years? What the fuck..., this takes the "angry ex wife" to the next level, except she has 0 reasons to be angry? Like surely a lot of people had worse than her? I don't get it, and Sierra never did anything convincingly to explain why she is.

She's just like "Wow she's really full of hatred huh".

Me: How much hatred?

She: A lot!

Me: How...?

She: Soooooo much hatred baby...

Me: ...

Let's just sleep on the fact that Balia straight up created another sentient species, and that she was deemed obsolete by the lustlord.

different art style (as falafelswoop said) it's intentional, the difference between simon's green and dark sprite it's only the color of the clothing and nothing more by the way. the only portraits ugly beyond measure are the hilstara ones, they need to be rebuilt from scratch, but the other are ok.

another thing will be move from 'stock' rpgmaker art assets and replace with custom one, but, sadly, the impact will be negligible overall.
I disagree.

Anyway, the game is good overall. It's made a turn for the mediocre as of late, but with his very strong start and middle it's still good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fanvor

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Some time ago people in the whole continent didn't even know there were other incubus kings, zero globalization. Now we just do whtever the hell we want, like damn, 2 mages vs everything to ever come from Arclent. They're sure are superior mages to be able to do all those things no one ever could before and bring the world 1000 years worth of "magical" advancement huh... (I'm being ironic, it's obviously bullshit.)
Teleportation magic is nothing new to Arclent or invented by Robin or Riala, it is just inordinately expensive to prepare and usually a security concern for most nations.

For the first, now they have the resources of an empire that at the start of chapter 4 spanned half a continent.

For the second, they have access to the Tower, which is a thing very few people actually know even exists. They use the Tower to obfuscate their teleportation magic, making it so they can do it secretly and don't have to deal with other nations denying their access as a security threat. The Tower is like being able to use a submarine in a naval battle, it is not that you are way more powerful than the ships floating on the water, but that you can approach them from a direction they never expected and prepared for.

Also it was the whole plot with the Stenai stuff, since the Fucklord was expecting an invasion through the Tower, instead you negotiated a non-Tower teleportation deal to get your troops to Stenai without going through the Tower.

I agree the Tower was introduced a bit out of nowhere, and we don't get much explanation about how Riala or other people managed to discover it in the first place (since normally the barrier of entry is having either a lust or divine shard), but aside from it, there is nothing that really makes Riala or Robin be "bullshit". Top-shelf talented mages? Sure. But not "bullshit".
Bringing in more issues with the meta bullshit story... Am I supposed to believe that Simon's ex wife would become a metaphysical "full hatred demon" in another dimension? In 27 years? What the fuck..., this takes the "angry ex wife" to the next level, except she has 0 reasons to be angry? Like surely a lot of people had worse than her? I don't get it, and Sierra never did anything convincingly to explain why she is.

She's just like "Wow she's really full of hatred huh".

Me: How much hatred?

She: A lot!

Me: How...?

She: Soooooo much hatred baby...

Me: ...
Gonna have to disagree here. The first few trips to the Tower do nothing but estabilish that it is an oppressive and painful environment for the unprepared, and without the aura of an Incubus King or a Goddess to guard them, even tough warriors can barely stand it. Now imagine being trapped deep into it, all on your own, for 27 years, after losing your body and almost losing your life in a terrible war that ravaged most of your homeland, due to the whims of a madman who received way too much power for no apparent reason. How is that "0 reasons to be angry"?
Let's just sleep on the fact that Balia straight up created another sentient species, and that she was deemed obsolete by the lustlord.
Uh, what? Balia did not invent orcs, she was just good at giving them specific traits when making new ones.

That's like saying being a good horse breeder is the same as inventing horses as a living creature.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
Teleportation magic is nothing new to Arclent or invented by Robin or Riala, it is just inordinately expensive to prepare and usually a security concern for most nations.

For the first, now they have the resources of an empire that at the start of chapter 4 spanned half a continent.

For the second, they have access to the Tower, which is a thing very few people actually know even exists. They use the Tower to obfuscate their teleportation magic, making it so they can do it secretly and don't have to deal with other nations denying their access as a security threat. The Tower is like being able to use a submarine in a naval battle, it is not that you are way more powerful than the ships floating on the water, but that you can approach them from a direction they never expected and prepared for.

Also it was the whole plot with the Stenai stuff, since the Fucklord was expecting an invasion through the Tower, instead you negotiated a non-Tower teleportation deal to get your troops to Stenai without going through the Tower.
This doesn't even make sense. Teleportation without globalization? Unless said teleportation had very limited range, which it clearly don't seeing as you can just teleport worldwide now for whatever reason (the reason being, she just wanted us players to go everywhere without consequence, but the process fucks up lore integrity).

I agree the Tower was introduced a bit out of nowhere,
You agree with nothing, as it's not a matter of opinion. There is zero mention of anything like the tower in the first 3 chapters, it's literally thrown out on us out of nowhere in chapter 4.

and we don't get much explanation about how Riala or other people managed to discover it in the first place (since normally the barrier of entry is having either a lust or divine shard), but aside from it, there is nothing that really makes Riala or Robin be "bullshit". Top-shelf talented mages? Sure. But not "bullshit".
They are bullshit broken talking plot devices. Riala is a good succubus mage (No good enough to put foward any meaningful research within years of working under the inccubus assking, apparently), but Robin a drop out high gpa student with no real world experience? I thought the whole thing with magic, was that they are all old and shit from spending so much time reading and researching to get to the point where they are. But instead these two, since altina barely exists, are just the best mages in the world, since they can put foward research after research and get a milenia of magical advancement done by themselves. The rest of the world? Only incompetent people there.

Gonna have to disagree here. The first few trips to the Tower do nothing but estabilish that it is an oppressive and painful environment for the unprepared, and without the aura of an Incubus King or a Goddess to guard them, even tough warriors can barely stand it. Now imagine being trapped deep into it, all on your own, for 27 years, after losing your body and almost losing your life in a terrible war that ravaged most of your homeland, due to the whims of a madman who received way too much power for no apparent reason. How is that "0 reasons to be angry"?
I don't know about this, you paint this scenario and while it does makes sense the way you put it, I didn't feel very convinced when they were dumping all this exposition on me. I also can't buy the fact that someone can become a world ending force from being randomly killed, it's just dumb. It happening with MC's wife somehow makes it even dumber since it's just that much more of a coincidence.

Uh, what? Balia did not invent orcs, she was just good at giving them specific traits when making new ones.

That's like saying being a good horse breeder is the same as inventing horses as a living creature.
The fact is, I didn't even bring all my criticism with these posts, they were only supposed to be light caveats. It's just makes it that much more clear that the plot is frail and can't stand scrutiny well at all. Which is completely fine tbh, considering this is a free rpgmaker erotic game. It's good, but let's not pretend it's perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Broken as tools for the story to move foward and for Simon to reach his objectives. They can do anything and everything they want for bullshit reasons, nobody can do anything to them for bullshit reasons. They're bullshit and their magic is bullshit. It's just bad writting and it brings down the story a lot.
the magic system ins't changed from the start. yes, it's a over-simplistic and utter banal one. but it's fairly normal for an high-magic/no-grimdark setting without the magic system as main focus of the story.

and... well you don't have explain nothing, only repeat the term 'bullshit' a lot and nothing more. a term with so wide acceptation to be nearly omni-comprehensive

the whole continent is plain false. under the IE a lot of people know there are multiple kings (and yarra wasn't any special succubus in the empire and she know), and for the rest in the academy library: "Renthnor is controlled by several empires focused on sexual magic. Presumably the Incubus King originated there." and "I wouldn't say I'm that experienced, but I did live for a number of years in Thenours, across several countries. I tried to go to Renthnor to find information about the Incubus King, but couldn't find a safe way into either empire."

they don't know philon and the orgasmic empire are ruled by IKs, but they know they are ruled by powerful entity well versed in sexual magic and the IE come from there.
yes, their inability to make the connection is a bit anticlimactic, but a bit of "suspension of disbelief" is needed for any game.

"zero globalization" is untrue. dari come from erosia to ardoheim, simon travel all the continents, sea travel are scarce because the danger of monster attacks (another little bit of suspension of disbelief) and very few EMPIRE can field a whole fleet of airships (the airships aren't any new, you see one during the BoY). and arclent is an half ruined continet because the IE ivasion 30 years before with the main rulers more interest in backstabbing each other (or total isolationism, for the forests)

Riala and robin aren't "two mage against everything". they are absolutely brilliant, robin can manage feats a more traveled and experienced mages cannot event think to do, just fresh of the school, and riala can travel the tower without a shard to protect herself and at the start of chapter 4 they have the resource of half the continent for their research. damn, even the magic beyond the creation of the "doom king" is a epic-tier spell.

the only issue with wendis is her survival (both why in general a soul can survive this and why simon's wife in the specific survive) for 30-ish year as soul in the depth of reality. her hatred is the most understandable part, rather my problem is her "puff, hatred vanished" after boiling for years and years (and plan to unmake reality itself).

wendis isn't the first entity 'born' from haterd, both esthera and tertia are rather explicit. (the former is a pivotal element of the timeline, because it's the moment both the LL and esthera gain power).

so orcent, stark, the impaler, ralke or grubbak are all balia's experiment?

Anyway, the game is good overall. It's made a turn for the mediocre as of late, but with his very strong start it's still good.
those images have nothing to do with my words.
i said simon-green ~ simon-dark. only the color of the dress is changed. and hilstara faceset is way worse of the other. where i said anything about kalant o elleani?

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
This doesn't even make sense. Teleportation without globalization? Unless said teleportation had very limited range, which it clearly don't seeing as you can just teleport worldwide now for whatever reason (the reason being, she just wanted us players to go everywhere without consequence, but the process fucks up lore integrity).
The range increases the cost, Arclent was already aware of other continents, just not of other Incubus Kings (you can call it dumb that they wouldn't guess someone ruling a country called Erosia would be an Incubus King, but hey, supposedly the name of the planet is Sult), globalization was tough because it either involved great magical expenditure, either in the form of teleportation or airships, and the ocean was tormented by powerful sea monsters, so overseas travelling was rare and not large scale.
You agree with nothing, as it's not a matter of opinion. There is zero mention of anything like the tower in the first 3 chapters, it's literally thrown out on us out of nowhere in chapter 4.
The demon realm in chapter 1, Esthera mentioning she went to a place of great power to be able to become a female Incubus King in chapter 2, the insane corrupt elf in the forest of the First Root in chapter 3, the conversation with Robin after the return from the elven forests in chapter 3. I only got screenshots of the later, but if that isn't convincing enough for you, then I don't know what would be.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They are bullshit broken talking plot devices. Riala is a good succubus mage (No good enough to put foward any meaningful research within years of working under the inccubus assking, apparently), but Robin a drop out high gpa student with no real world experience? I thought the whole thing with magic, was that they are all old and shit from spending so much time reading and researching to get to the point where they are. But instead these two, since altina barely exists, are just the best mages in the world, since they can put foward research after research and get a milenia of magical advancement done by themselves. The rest of the world? Only incompetent people there.
Most of the research you can do in the game is practical rather than theoretical, during the war against the fucklord, Robin can talk with mages from Ghenalon and she admits she can just barely follow the conversation on some of the theory behind the subjects, Ghenalon is more advanced in things like demonology for instance. She also mentions several times she wants to go back to purely academical work.

Riala spent her years under the Incubus Emperor precisely researching about the shards, which eventually led her to make her initial works on the Tower, which allowed her to get the shards, which sets off the entire plot of the game. Robin is a prodigy, yes, but are we just going to pretend the first 3 chapters didn't count as more "real world experience" than most mages get to have in their whole lives? Most of the big minds of the Renaissance got started relatively early, and made great strides because they had the patronage of the european elites, so they were able to actually finance real experiments, rather than rummaging through old unproven classical theory, Robin is no different, at first getting the unique opportunity to work with different magic, getting to analyze something as rare and powerful as an Incubus King shard, and then having a huge budget to finance any kind of experiments.
I don't know about this, you paint this scenario and while it does makes sense the way you put it, I didn't feel very convinced when they were dumping all this exposition on me. I also can't buy the fact that someone can become a world ending force from being randomly killed, it's just dumb. It happening with MC's wife somehow makes it even dumber since it's just that much more of a coincidence.
She wasn't "randomly killed", her body was destroyed by the release of the energy from a mummified Incubus King that was struck down by powerful sexual and divine magic. It is "comic book" fuckery, but don't act like it comes out of nowhere.

Not gonna argue with the rest, the best I can really say is that unlikely things are only unlikely because they still happen, otherwise they would be impossible. Also maybe the whole "destiny" plotline will play a role in it, but that's just speculation.

Are you being unclear on purpose or you just want to set me up for a planned response? One autistic gal that is an expert in her field, given access to a kingdom's budget and rare powerful magic from Simon's shard, over the course of 2 years, manages to make highly-intelligent/sapient orcs more common, after being able to work with the already existing and naturally occuring exceptions (Orcent, the Impaler, Ralke, the undying orc, all the random orcs with interesting quirks we looked for at the start of chapter 3), a goal most other people were not interested in (Succubi societies liked their orc to be dumb brutish slaves, Ghenalon still treats their orcs, which are smarter than the succubi ones, as lower class citizens). Is this the thing you are taking issue with?

I'm not going to quote your latest post, just gonna say that your definition of sentience is non-standard as far as I know. Also I'm sorry if my original answer was not satisfying to you, but instead of just accusing others of being obtuse, perphaps you should take some responsability for not wording your exact complaints, rather using broad strokes and then expecting other people to infer the exact same things you did.

Also I did not throw a single insult, nor accused you of acting in bad faith, a courtesy you did not seem fitting for myself, I merely disagreed with your opinion using my own arguments and evidence. But nevertheless, if you consider that equivalent to being "attacked by an angry mob of fanboys", then I cannot do anything to help your interactions with this community.

Last edited by a moderator:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
You clearly have a lot of passion for this game, but I'm left unconvinced. You can't use details to (properly) fix fundamentally wrong non sensical parts of the plot. That's why I kept with broad strokes (those also keep me from writting useless walls of text).
I can live with that.

I think the details fix the non-sensical aspect of the issues you found with the game, but I am not denying the first impressions you had, just pointing out the fault could be more in the presentation rather than on the logic. I find Sierra Lee sometimes doesn't put enough emphasys on some critical details that move the plot, instead treating it as unspoken common knowledge of the characters, but that the player can only piece together well after it was relevant. I suppose it makes for more natural prose, but it can also create some initial confusion and jarring developments.

For example, I think the existence of the Tower was properly foreshadowed, but that you can use it to teleport around the "real" world? And how it differs from normal teleportation? All of that gets very little attention at first and creates a confusing first impression. Could also be a consequence of the continuous development patreon games have, so issues the players point out are only adressed in future updates and usually in content that comes after the source of the confusion.

As for keeping to broad strokes, I understand the appeal, but at the same time, if you had elaborated more at first, I wouldn't have given an useless answer to you, you wouldn't have replied your dissatisfaction and so on so forth. But you do you, just gonna say that if you're gonna rely on broad strokes, show more patience when people misinterpretate what you said.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
I can live with that.

I think the details fix the non-sensical aspect of the issues you found with the game, but I am not denying the first impressions you had, just pointing out the fault could be more in the presentation rather than on the logic. I find Sierra Lee sometimes doesn't put enough emphasys on some critical details that move the plot, instead treating it as unspoken common knowledge of the characters, but that the player can only piece together well after it was relevant. I suppose it makes for more natural prose, but it can also create some initial confusion and jarring developments.

For example, I think the existence of the Tower was properly foreshadowed, but that you can use it to teleport around the "real" world? And how it differs from normal teleportation? All of that gets very little attention at first and creates a confusing first impression. Could also be a consequence of the continuous development patreon games have, so issues the players point out are only adressed in future updates and usually in content that comes after the source of the confusion.

As for keeping to broad strokes, I understand the appeal, but at the same time, if you had elaborated more at first, I wouldn't have given an useless answer to you, you wouldn't have replied your dissatisfaction and so on so forth. But you do you, just gonna say that if you're gonna rely on broad strokes, show more patience when people misinterpretate what you said.
I mean, I guess if some things were properly adressed they wouldn't be as much of an issue.

For instance, let's limit this to the magical aspect (For simplicity sake). Why is Robin capable of performing world changing research? How does she compares with the mages of the rest of the world? What are the other mages up to? Who even are those other mages?

The strongest mages shown in game, are ALL under Simon. This in and by itself not only breaks my suspencion of disbelief (Am I supposed to believe the world is really that small?), but also makes the story boring, since I know Simon is and will always be on top of everything, and that his enemies and the rest of the world can't match his resources.

There's a point in the Gawsomething concil where Riala can literally shows how useless church's purity spells are, because the church measurement system is fundamentally flawed. A supposedly powerful organization as the church can't match Riala's magic even in the magical aspects that they're supposed to dominate.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
There's a point in the Gawsomething concil where Riala can literally shows how useless church's purity spells are, because the church measurement system is fundamentally flawed. A supposedly powerful organization as the church can't match Riala's magic even in the magical aspects that they're supposed to dominate.
This is the same organization that thought there was only one Incubus King, and that they needed to institute a female-led hierarchy because of false assumptions that they were less vulnerable to sexual magic. It seems clear enough to me that they have been rather blinded by ideology for a while.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
At this point Robin/Riala's magic can:

-Revert unpeople (plastic surgery included).

-Ressucitate dead people and reconstruct them.

-Transplant soul's into half demon's bodies or something.

-Teleport all over the world.

-Control a Suit of Armor with enough power to make high level threats believe it's the real thing. (Doom King vs Fucklord).

- Be means to imortality and godhood.

I guess the term "broken" and "bullshit" can be subjective. But In my perspective it applies to these powers, and there are, of course, in game little explanations in form of huge exposition dialogues, for each of these things. But my final impression of those is a simple "I don't buy it".

And the enemy mages:

-What enemy mages?

This is the same organization that thought there was only one Incubus King, and that they needed to institute a female-led hierarchy because of false assumptions that they were less vulnerable to sexual magic. It seems clear enough to me that they have been rather blinded by ideology for a while.
"Everyone is incompetent except our 3 mage team". A boring concept indeed.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
For instance, let's limit this to the magical aspect (For simplicity sake). Why is Robin capable of performing world changing research?
To me, it comes down mostly to having the resources and diversity, while still having great synergy. Robin, Riala, and Qum have access to all the necessary resources (magical materials, libraries, Incubus King magic), they don't have to deal with academic politics (since they all answer to Simon alone and he trusts them completely) or the church's monopoly on holy magic, and they all get along super well (since happy harem and all that).
How does she compares with the mages of the rest of the world? What are the other mages up to? Who even are those other mages?

The strongest mages shown in game, are ALL under Simon. This in and by itself not only breaks my suspencion of disbelief (Am I supposed to believe the world is really that small?), but also makes the story boring, since I know Simon is and will always be on top of everything, and that his enemies and the rest of the world can't match his resources.
I think you are ignoring how much the access to the Lust and Divine shards allow people to advance their understanding of magic, most Incubus Kings are really stingy with sharing their power and the goddesses are mostly hiding, so that's an edge Simon alone seems to have right now.

The game estabilishes early on that, in Arclent, Yhilin is the most advanced kingdom in terms of magic thanks to the order of thaumaturgy, it is a bit unclear if they focus on anything in particular aside from just "arcane magic". Early on, to make it through their tests, Robin "cheats" a bit by having the help from fighters and "obscure" magical knowledge from people like Yarra, Trin, and Wynn. So she gets in using alternative methods where they would have otherwise expected power or specialized knowledge that Robin did not have. I will agree with you here that in Chapter 4 they seem to become terribly irrelevant and Robin just outclassed the entire order during the time-skip, so it is a bit of bullshit. Gonna hold on to hope that part of it is that Sierra hasn't disclosed exactly what arcane magic is supposed to be in her universe, so maybe they will be more relevant later.

Aside from Yhilin, the other point of reference in Arclent is the university Robin attended in Stineford, they seem to mostly be about providing an education and doing important, but rather mundane, research.

The last relevant magic organization in Arclent would be the Ivalan church, they have a monopoly over holy magic, but seem to be narrow-minded and somewhat ignorant about the other types of magic.

Outside Arclent, there was the Sage in Ghenalon (who managed to master the Tower without a shard) and the other mages of Ghenalon too, they seem to be the, overall, most advanced kingdom on the world in terms of magic, presumably due to having the Sage himself and a diverse population (although there are racial conflicts). Like Robin said, they are ahead in demonology and some other theoretical fields, but Arclent seems to be ahead in terms of research of the relationship between purity and lust thanks to the Doom King's rule.

We don't get to see much of it, but presumably the Orgasmic Empire has excellent lust magic, and the Lustlord seems to have some interesting magic to keep his kingdom rich and thriving in a cold wasteland, although he seems to keep his secrets to himself, stifling research.

The Anak and Anolon know stuff that pretty much no one else in the world does. Also the Fucklord WAS a better mage than Robin and company (mastered tower stuff much faster than we did, immediatelly identified what Ginasta was when no one else could). His downfall was thinking he being a great and powerful mage alone would be enough to make him invincible.

That is part of Riala's discourse, the church is unparalled when it comes to "pure" magic, but they understand little of everything "impure", they are too narrow minded. By not even bothering to understand lust magic, they couldn't properly identify what lust magic actually was, instead associating it with the "impurities" not present when using holy magic, Riala used that knowledge to refine a spell that disguised her lust magic by cleaning the "impurities" that never really were inherent to lust magic itself. The point of the demonstration was that the church should re-evaluate their position and work with succubi to at least understand what lust magic actually is instead of being ignorant about it and just treating it as "the unholy stuff".

Reactions: Allvaldr and Waxer

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Does having purchased the airship fleet prior to was with the Fucklord have any tactical advantage? Do you have to purchase the military upgrade as well? Should I spend the million plus on other business opportunities? Thanks.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Does having purchased the airship fleet prior to was with the Fucklord have any tactical advantage? Do you have to purchase the military upgrade as well? Should I spend the million plus on other business opportunities? Thanks.

* If the Airship Counter is at least 1 and you funded Airship Militarization, you gain +2 Elven Negotiations. If the Airship Counter is 2 or more, you gain a further +1 Elven Negotiations.
* Once you talked to Janine, and if your Airship Counter is 2 or more, there's an elven airship captain that appears near her. She grants +1 Elven Negotiations.
* For the same conditions, there's also a succubus airship crewman, who grants +1 Elven Negotiations.

4.50 star(s) 181 Votes