kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
Does having purchased the airship fleet prior to was with the Fucklord have any tactical advantage? Do you have to purchase the military upgrade as well? Should I spend the million plus on other business opportunities? Thanks.
It'll allow you to reach a certain threshold in one of the chapter's ending sections for best result more easily.

The investments page doesn't show all the upsides from this investment.

Last edited:

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
It'll allow you to reach a certain threshold in one of the chapter's ending sections for best result.

The investments page doesn't show all the upsides from this investment.
wrong, you don't need airship bonus for the best threshold

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
If he would need it or not, it would depend on numerous factors and previous choices, however the airship does help one reach the best threshold.
It might be splitting hairs, but for a game with as many tricky variables, the distinction between "Can help to complete" and "Needed to complete" is important here.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
kiribito
And not to be another person to jump on you but a lot of your points are fairly flimsy.
Where did the tower come from It was never foreshadowed?
It was in the fucking prologue man.
Why are none of the other mages doing anything?
King of Zirtania made a false goddess to country a country, Fucklord made an entire army of sec charged woman and tamed a demon, Lustlord made tower orcs, and there are others.

A lot o the bullshit research we have done is stuff no one else would have bothered with. Upgrade for orcs? Who would care? Healing the unpeople? Why would anyone have done that when the Incubus Emperor still reined. Create a body for Wendis? Pretty specific issue.

As nicely as I can, perhaps the problem is not in SL's writing but in your reading. Once you put on those sour tinted glasses it made everything look like crap in your eyes, were as the writing has only gotten better in chapter 4.

Reactions: Allvaldr and Fanvor

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
kiribito
And not to be another person to jump on you but a lot of your points are fairly flimsy.
Where did the tower come from It was never foreshadowed?
It was in the fucking prologue man.
Why are none of the other mages doing anything?
King of Zirtania made a false goddess to country a country, Fucklord made an entire army of sec charged woman and tamed a demon, Lustlord made tower orcs, and there are others.

A lot o the bullshit research we have done is stuff no one else would have bothered with. Upgrade for orcs? Who would care? Healing the unpeople? Why would anyone have done that when the Incubus Emperor still reined. Create a body for Wendis? Pretty specific issue.

As nicely as I can, perhaps the problem is not in SL's writing but in your reading. Once you put on those sour tinted glasses it made everything look like crap in your eyes, were as the writing has only gotten better in chapter 4.
I don't mind it to be honest, It's no surprise to see fanboys jumping on people who put out negative points on the stuff they like, it's even a bit amusing, but I'm through this conversation.

You can see my thoughts in my review of the game. If you disagree, I would say "too bad", but the truth is that it's an expected reaction and I don't really care lol.

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
The fact that someone stated that all mages but ours were incompetent kind of messes with me. The Fucklord was a mage and it took all my "ENTIRE" group had in a combined effort to beat him. Was a hard statement to swallow.

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Hello fellow China virus shut-ins. I made a startling discovery about this game and wanted to share. Trying to earn 5 million Pron (without cheating) to open the Incubus King's tomb is a fucking shit-show and almost smashed my keyboard! I religiously followed Fulminato's Min/Max old (synod), and was unable to duplicate some of his choices. I got down to the final revenue cycle before fighting the Fucklord and was about 80,000 Pron shy of 5 million. I had set aside 800,000 extra before the last cycle, and held-back from purchasing airships, Givini tunnels as well as a number of other low/no earning ventures. Has anyone earned 5 million to open the tomb without cheating, and can please share their winning strategy? Thanks.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Hello fellow China virus shut-ins. I made a startling discovery about this game and wanted to share. Trying to earn 5 million Pron (without cheating) to open the Incubus King's tomb is a fucking shit-show and almost smashed my keyboard! I religiously followed Fulminato's Min/Max old (synod), and was unable to duplicate some of his choices. I got down to the final revenue cycle before fighting the Fucklord and was about 80,000 Pron shy of 5 million. I had set aside 800,000 extra before the last cycle, and held-back from purchasing airships, Givini tunnels as well as a number of other low/no earning ventures. Has anyone earned 5 million to open the tomb without cheating, and can please share their winning strategy? Thanks.

last iteration for my min-max playthrough.
the investement after the the erosia invasion are mostly placeholder, i need some time to rework them (and know what lie beyond the first chapter 5 investment phase)

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
You're mixing gameplay considerations with narrative/lore justifications.
That's literally what you did though...

Besides, are you saying it's bad that the gameplay and story were in harmony in this case...?
A boss fight with a weak boss isn't a boss fight. Don't draw a correlation between how difficult a fight is, and whether or not that magic using character is good at it or bad, because it's a difficult fight.

I'm not saying he's not a good/great mage, just not to use gameplay mechanics as evidence.
That would be like saying that Darth Malak was stronger than Revan if you find the fight too hard and can't complete KoTOR.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
Open ruins can be tricky, so let me know if you need me to hook you up with a save.

I have around 1300 saves at different points in the game, and following Fulminato's latest min/max I was able to get open ruins before chapter 5.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
That's literally what you did though...

A boss fight with a weak boss isn't a boss fight. Don't draw a correlation between how difficult a fight is, and whether or not that magic using character is good at it or bad, because it's a difficult fight.

I'm not saying he's not a good/great mage, just not to use gameplay mechanics as evidence.
That would be like saying that Darth Malak was stronger than Revan if you find the fight too hard and can't complete KoTOR.
I think he meant to include the battles against the Fucklord on top of all the story evidence (being able to tell what Ginasta was, controlling a powerful demon like Sabitha, the nation-wide sex suppression field, figuring out how to draw power from people's beliefs, etc).

Also to be fair, Sierra sometimes puts quite a bit of effort to make sure the gameplay mechanics reflect the story, the Fucklord's final battle itself being an example of that (it is a super easy battle in an optimized save since you manage to completely exhaust him throughout the whole war).

But my favourite still has to be the first fight against Ginasta, at that point she could probably wipe the floor with your party, if only she wouldn't waste so many turns trying to use her power to "break control", which does absolutely nothing during the battle since Simon's harem follows him willingly.

Reactions: Waxer

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Open ruins can be tricky, so let me know if you need me to hook you up with a save.

I have around 1300 saves at different points in the game, and following Fulminato's latest min/max I was able to get open ruins before chapter 5.
Thanks, I thought of a couple of things I want to try first and will let you know.

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018

last iteration for my min-max playthrough.
the investement after the the erosia invasion are mostly placeholder, i need some time to rework them (and know what lie beyond the first chapter 5 investment phase)
Thanks, I'll take a look at you updated version.

4.50 star(s) 181 Votes