CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
if there isn't a New Game+ Mode when we reach the end I'm seriously going to call bs cause some situations are just too disadvantageous if you're a completionist.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Your forgetting that you have to get Kalant to not be a chosen anymore so what about those who didn't tell Kalant to gve up the power, well their still Ignias though.
no, kalant will be alwasy in the library to save tyna from demon attack, if you talk to him and convince to give up the power during the war he gain a booster.

if there isn't a New Game+ Mode when we reach the end I'm seriously going to call bs cause some situations are just too disadvantageous if you're a completionist.
i don't see the proupose of a NG+, you could easly cheat some variable and take all. but hold in mind some 'result' is a consolation prize for missing something.
clear example the chapter 2 travel day count, if you don't make any optional thing you gain some booster over the 'complete&perfect' route, but this gain isn't a loss but a consolation prize for missing many thing, like altina and stark. in the orgasmic empire simon got the best result helping the succubus planing trade route if your daycount is 24 or less. 24 day is the daycount if you grab the optional thing (altina, stark) and leave the waste of time (back the tunnels in devil pass, lost good in rebel pass quest, slime camp, ...).

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
no, kalant will be alwasy in the library to save tyna from demon attack, if you talk to him and convince to give up the power during the war he gain a booster.

i don't see the proupose of a NG+, you could easly cheat some variable and take all. but hold in mind some 'result' is a consolation prize for missing something.
clear example the chapter 2 travel day count, if you don't make any optional thing you gain some booster over the 'complete&perfect' route, but this gain isn't a loss but a consolation prize for missing many thing, like altina and stark. in the orgasmic empire simon got the best result helping the succubus planing trade route if your daycount is 24 or less. 24 day is the daycount if you grab the optional thing (altina, stark) and leave the waste of time (back the tunnels in devil pass, lost good in rebel pass quest, slime camp, ...).
.... I know you're trying to be helpful but I really don't appreciate you talking down to me. and yeah there wouldn't be much of a point to a new game plus mode for you, but for a completionist there is, and while I currently do advocate cheating, had some carefully placed and well hidden sequences/items (which don't you dare say can't be done because there's good portion of the game hidden if you don't do things the right way.) been put into place such a novelty would be needless. sierra is talented but the game as great as it is does still contain flaws and a new game + can alleviate them and it's not her first rodeo with such a mode if it was added.

you want to know a fun drinking game "take a shot for every time AND is used in a sex sequence." and then try not to die of alcohol poisoning.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017

That what I said that there are some who doesn't have Kalant to give up his power so what about those where theres no Kalant.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
You do realize it will be at least two (if not two and a half) years before Sierra complete the game?

And realistically the only thing that NG+ would matter is PRoN, Discretionary Funds (both of them) and maybe Sx... using it on RP would cause too many problems. Besides, even as a completionist you'll never be able to see everything due to having to make choice between two versions of Altina (if you choose to get her!) and Varia... and there are other choices that are will make different play-troughs which are always available (who you side in Zirantia, do you tell Kalant to give up being Chosen, etc.)

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
That what I said that there are some who doesn't have Kalant to give up his power so what about those where theres no Kalant.
No, Kalant will always be there, whether you convince him to give up power or not. He will always be a potential suitor for Tyna.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
No, Kalant will always be there, whether you convince him to give up power or not. He will always be a potential suitor for Tyna.
Are you sure about that? if you don't convince him to give up the power he just goes back to acting like a chosen and doesn't desert.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Then whats the point of even choosing.
His attitude and personality is different. He also get some bonuses if you chose to make him give up being Chosen.

In game the reason for his presence as Kalant is somewhat explained by Church removing support for Chosen after the War which presumably lead to all Chosen revert back to "normal".

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
His attitude and personality is different. He also get some bonuses if you chose to make him give up being Chosen.

In game the reason for his presence as Kalant is somewhat explained by Church removing support for Chosen after the War which presumably lead to all Chosen revert back to "normal".
Glad I made him give it up, I think I wouldn't like the other version based on that, especially if they are "normal". When Robin group look at Kalant is he still scrubbed free of all divine magic if you decide not to make him give it up?

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Glad I made him give it up, I think I wouldn't like the other version based on that, especially if they are "normal". When Robin group look at Kalant is he still scrubbed free of all divine magic if you decide not to make him give it up?
Sorry if my use of "normal" mislead you... it's just that I don't think that anyone in his position can return to the way he was before he got power. I mean, even if Simon could give up the shard he still wouldn't return to the way he was before he got it. Kalant who gave up his power is also "normal", it's just that his "normal" is different from the one who lost it due to Church actions... hope this sentence made some sense.

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
Sorry if my use of "normal" mislead you... it's just that I don't think that anyone in his position can return to the way he was before he got power. I mean, even if Simon could give up the shard he still wouldn't return to the way he was before he got it. Kalant who gave up his power is also "normal", it's just that his "normal" is different from the one who lost it due to Church actions... hope this sentence made some sense.
I understand but overall I am interested in seeing how kalant will turn out. He's personality then is just affected by our choice and how he turn back normal, either through church or journey.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I suspect he might be more open to accepting Simon's advise if we chose to have him give up the power. Which might play a part in making him Tyna's consort (if we decide on him and not someone else).

I mean, at this point we can increase his support score by 10 points if we have him give up power or "only" 8 points if we didn't.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
.... I know you're trying to be helpful but I really don't appreciate you talking down to me. and yeah there wouldn't be much of a point to a new game plus mode for you, but for a completionist there is, and while I currently do advocate cheating, had some carefully placed and well hidden sequences/items (which don't you dare say can't be done because there's good portion of the game hidden if you don't do things the right way.) been put into place such a novelty would be needless. sierra is talented but the game as great as it is does still contain flaws and a new game + can alleviate them and it's not her first rodeo with such a mode if it was added.
i'm a completionist too, but still don't find the proupose of a NG+
usualy NG+ isn't a normal game anymore, and usualy the increase level of enemy isn't the only featue, but you can done thing you cannot in the normal game, high end quest/location impossible with a party stating to level 1, extra object, different ending... and such. an ipotetic TLS ng+ will let you start to level 60 (o wathever your level ending the game) a bunch of money (both type) and end game gears. for fighting a spider with 1000 HP. you can hit the same result you want starting a normal game and the knowledge of the event and hidden stat. for istance I don't think to 'canonize' any my gameplay before the end of the chapter.

you want to know a fun drinking game "take a shot for every time AND is used in a sex sequence." and then try not to die of alcohol poisoning.
sorry I don't drink (alchol).

well some chosens are still around (you can see one in this update), we don't know anything in regard of the 'creation' of a chosen, hester dialogue state the church don't create them, but only find them. (if we can assume her spoke the truth)
but there is a pattern the goddess starting to beign active only in recent time: the goddess of magic don't had any past record, the chosen are a new thing (in the first meeting sarai talk of zirantia battle before any chosen), the mother guard are a new thing (iris word "the elves are playing with new powers. Both kingdoms.") and antiala 'show herself' only after the foundation of zirantia.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
well some chosens are still around (you can see one in this update), we don't know anything in regard of the 'creation' of a chosen, hester dialogue state the church don't create them, but only find them. (if we can assume her spoke the truth)
Didn't Hester said that those are newly created ones and that they feel different? And that while before they tended to show up all over Arclent, now they mostly appear in Stineford region.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
for begin detected you mean the two orcs near balia's stairs (and the four inside the room)? they don't count. you need to be avoided to be spotted by 'skeleton orc' (and general advice for 'stealth section' if you are spotted is better reload because you alwasy lost some hidden variable)
I believe I tried this, by restarting every time I got caught. But maybe I didn't! I will try it again when I do a new game! I'm going to play out the game first, then do another run thru.

Reactions: Bladeue

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
but there is a pattern the goddess starting to beign active only in recent time: the goddess of magic don't had any past record, the chosen are a new thing (in the first meeting sarai talk of zirantia battle before any chosen), the mother guard are a new thing (iris word "the elves are playing with new powers. Both kingdoms.") and antiala 'show herself' only after the foundation of zirantia.
Heres the problem with that if the church don't create Chosen and Chosen just appeared how can the Church just remove the power of the Chosen, heck even Simons group saw what happened to the Chosen they captured that just died when his power taken, speaking of which the Chosen that attack the banquet also just died I think the new Chosen are unstable.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Heres the problem with that if the church don't create Chosen and Chosen just appeared how can the Church just remove the power of the Chosen, heck even Simons group saw what happened to the Chosen they captured that just died when his power taken, speaking of which the Chosen that attack the banquet also just died I think the new Chosen are unstable.
Maybe it's like the Unpersons, someone in the church is privatizing them and selling them off as weapons. But whoever or whatever group in the church that must be doing it can't be very high up because they can't get the process just right and end up with the failure Unperson's we saw back in Chapter 1 Yhilin guarding Megail, and the unstable Chosen we saw in Givini who quite literally exploded from lack of control on his own power.

4.40 star(s) 179 Votes