4.70 star(s) 54 Votes

PleasureOnly

Jun 22, 2023
I wonder if PleasureOnly's trouble will generate another hotfix...

Since Saves is a subfolder, is "don't use old saves" implied?
Whilst there is a 'SAVES' folder included and you can put saves in there, your own saves are likely located in %appdata%\renpy\xxxxlewdesthouse (or something like that) so I would say it isn't implied. That being said...

I think having played the new version and comparing the code from a couple of versions ago and now I'd personally recommend just starting a new save game. Whilst I don't think there will be (much) crashing I can see lots of variables that didn't exist in the old version that is being relied upon in the new version which may or may not result in missing content either now or in future versions (like the Lynn anal scene being missing from mine).

If the dev reads this then I'd urge either a hard and fast "make a new save, I'm messing with the variables" stance at release or simply leave the variables alone if it's viable. From past experience the renpy engine wasn't designed with changing dependant variables whilst maintaining save games.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DMFnsfw

MaugerCG

Mar 1, 2020
I don't know if the dev is here but I love this style of games where you can tell that they put a lot of love into the story and the designs.
My only complaint would be some faces that look strange, especially Lincoln, on the other hand, the comic-type vignettes are awesome.
Anyway, I'll definitely be waiting for future versions.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Maybe I'm going a bit schizo but did Lisa(the smart one, in case I've got the wrong L) lose her lisp in chapter two?

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Wait the summary makes it sound like the writers of the original cartoon wanted the show to be incest? Can anyone watched it confirm?
Hahaha it was a joke, its a normal cartoon.

Whilst there is a 'SAVES' folder included and you can put saves in there, your own saves are likely located in %appdata%\renpy\xxxxlewdesthouse (or something like that) so I would say it isn't implied. That being said...

I think having played the new version and comparing the code from a couple of versions ago and now I'd personally recommend just starting a new save game. Whilst I don't think there will be (much) crashing I can see lots of variables that didn't exist in the old version that is being relied upon in the new version which may or may not result in missing content either now or in future versions (like the Lynn anal scene being missing from mine).

If the dev reads this then I'd urge either a hard and fast "make a new save, I'm messing with the variables" stance at release or simply leave the variables alone if it's viable. From past experience the renpy engine wasn't designed with changing dependant variables whilst maintaining save games.
Hi! Yes, starting a new save is recommended, still, in the 0.1.11 update (for free on itchio) I defaulted lots of variables, even ones for future chapters. I code the game yes but Im not a programmer, that's why I made a "Chapter Selection" screen, to make things easier in case starting a new game would be nessesary, glad I did it hahaha.

I for one am sad about Lynn's disappearing pubes. They appear in that one mini comic and are never seen again. Will they ever come back? Or will anyone else have some?
I plan to make it an option to turn on and off.
Hope to get it done for Chapter 4, when I plan to introduce different outfuts for everyone

Can any of you share a save? I'm at the end of the current version & I feel like I missed a lot
Not a savefile but a little "walkthrought/map" of chapter 2 so far.
Both free roam actions and optional sex scenes advance always in order: (Lola1, Lola2, Lola3...)

IMG-20231004-WA0008.jpg

PleasureOnly

Jun 22, 2023
Hahaha it was a joke, its a normal cartoon.

Hi! Yes, starting a new save is recommended, still, in the 0.1.11 update (for free on itchio) I defaulted lots of variables, even ones for future chapters. I code the game yes but Im not a programmer, that's why I made a "Chapter Selection" screen, to make things easier in case starting a new game would be nessesary, glad I did it hahaha.

I plan to make it an option to turn on and off.
Hope to get it done for Chapter 4, when I plan to introduce different outfuts for everyone

Not a savefile but a little "walkthrought/map" of chapter 2 so far.
Both free roam actions and optional sex scenes advance always in order: (Lola1, Lola2, Lola3...)

View attachment 2980234
Did you see my earlier comment about a variable that you forgot to define?

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Did you see my earlier comment about a variable that you forgot to define?
Oh, sorry, too many messages.
I'm looking at the code, and... well... I can't even remember why that variable is even needed for! LMAO I'm terrible, I should comment the code even more. I think it was supposed to manage the window with the day of the week but ended up making that manually instead. I will get rid of that variable probably.

The important variables to "advance in the story" are:
- dayfinished, if true, jumps to the next day instead of calling the last free roam section.
- freeroamdone, if true, jumps to the next part of the day/linear story section instead of calling the last free roam section.
- lynntime, (or any other character) it manages if that character will appear or not in the free roam, and if she does, to what free roam history will call. (first, second, third...)
- lynnnights, (or any other character) same as above but for sex scenes independently.

Aaand I think that's all for now.

PleasureOnly

Jun 22, 2023
Oh, sorry, too many messages.
I'm looking at the code, and... well... I can't even remember why that variable is even needed for! LMAO I'm terrible, I should comment the code even more. I think it was supposed to manage the window with the day of the week but ended up making that manually instead. I will get rid of that variable probably.

The important variables to "advance in the story" are:
- dayfinished, if true, jumps to the next day instead of calling the last free roam section.
- freeroamdone, if true, jumps to the next part of the day/linear story section instead of calling the last free roam section.
- lynntime, (or any other character) it manages if that character will appear or not in the free roam, and if she does, to what free roam history will call. (first, second, third...)
- lynnnights, (or any other character) same as above but for sex scenes independently.

Aaand I think that's all for now.
That would explain why it didn't matter what I defined it as :D
It was a game breaking bug for me so might need to be commented out / defined in a hotfix. Not sure why it affected me and not others unless it only affects 0.1.7 and below saves.

Mr.Z

Aug 8, 2018
I found in the game only one bug in all versions but it so funny to see it that i did not point it out , please don't fix it

So when you use skip button there is a chance that characters get squished and stay like this to the end of the scene , it happens when the character move to show emotions , like becoming wider and then thinner if you use skip button once while it happnes character will stay thin or wide

PleasureOnly

Jun 22, 2023
I found in the game only one bug in all versions but it so funny to see it that i did not point it out , please don't fix it

So when you use skip button there is a chance that characters get squished and stay like this to the end of the scene , it happens when the character move to show emotions , like becoming wider and then thinner if you use skip button once while it happnes character will stay thin or wide
It's probably if you have "skip transitions" turned on when you skip. Not much the dev can do to fix that anyway I don't think other than disabling the skip feature which I'm sure nobody wants.

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022

What PleasureOnly said, is a common RenPy thing, if you click fast where a sprite was moving, and you reach a part were it has to move again, it "breaks" and doesnt complete the first movement yet, and this game has LOTS of movements.
At the same time, if I force the players to wait until a movement is fully completed to let them continue to the next dialog, I will receive way more death treats that I already got hahahaha.

So yeah, the best "fix" is to advance slowly, reading everything. If something breaks because of fast clicking, backtrack to the last movement and it will continue fine.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
At the same time, if I force the players to wait until a movement is fully completed to let them continue to the next dialog, I will receive way more death treats that I already got hahahaha.
Welcum to the City already did something like that for its quirky dialogue pacing, and it caused someone to rage so hard they made a mod that force disables any sort of text slowdown even if the dev removed the text speed controls. Don't put any effort into trying to slow down the game just so this guy can update the mod to 0.2.

At most put a disclaimer and tell people auto skipping causes problems that only renpy can fix, it's not your problem.

DMFnsfw

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2022
Welcum to the City already did something like that for its quirky dialogue pacing, and it caused someone to rage so hard they made a mod that force disables any sort of text slowdown even if the dev removed the text speed controls. Don't put any effort into trying to slow down the game just so this guy can update the mod to 0.2.

At most put a disclaimer and tell people auto skipping causes problems that only renpy can fix, it's not your problem.
exactly, everyone plays at their own pace, paying attention to what they want.
The problem itself its not the skipping, but RenPy limitations, if I end up coming with a "fix", it will be to improve the animations no matter how fast the player clicks/skips, not limiting the player's options.

Reactions: hentai charley

Bumba8

Oct 19, 2019
I was checking the gallery for chapter 1 and I seem to be missing the top middle scene. Not sure if I missed it or if it just didn't unlock.

4.70 star(s) 54 Votes