2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

Pete McPoppy

Jan 6, 2018
Can anyone just tell me where the saves folder is located in windows? I've been looking for it but can't find which folder it's in the appdata/local/ folder.

Nightwings

Jan 17, 2018
guys i have to tell the truth ... the idea of this game is very exciting and at times very beautiful ... I love this kind of story ... but ... there are 2 updates that I don't play for fear of not finding content or doing always the same things ... please tell me what's new ... staying there for hours to find nothing afflicts me.... thanks all
you read my mind...:oops:

Jul 11, 2018
I've been away from this for awhile. Has the tentacle tree questline been merged with the main game yet, or is everything still separate?

S1cK

Aug 20, 2017
I've been away from this for awhile. Has the tentacle tree questline been merged with the main game yet, or is everything still separate?
As there had been a dozens requests regarding the changelog with noone answering, one can assume that there's no progression except a super boring emma story continuation - which can hardly even considered as an update.
fuck these devs, srsly

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
As there had been a dozens requests regarding the changelog with noone answering, one can assume that there's no progression except a super boring emma story continuation - which can hardly even considered as an update.
fuck these devs, srsly
To answer both questions:
Yes tentacle tree have been merged with the main story, and have been for some time now.​
Yes this update is considered minor, and is a continuation with Emma, Gaston & Betsy in the stocks in center of town.​
Patreons & fans was not happy with long slow updates - So now they are pushing out quicker and smaller updates - Meaning each 2-3 months. Last update was October 22, this update landed 14 of January, next is planned to land around end of March.

S1cK

Aug 20, 2017
but zelle, didnt you mention after the last update, that this update was announced to be about tentacle tree? Just curious what happened with that idea - not that I am disappointed for not having a continuation of this line as I am not interested in plants -but I fear that the next minor update, which will approx. take at least 3 months, will be about the tree only then

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
but zelle, didnt you mention after the last update, that this update was announced to be about tentacle tree? Just curious what happened with that idea - not that I am disappointed for not having a continuation of this line as I am not interested in plants -but I fear that the next minor update, which will approx. take at least 3 months, will be about the tree only then
Hmmm no - I never announce anything regarding 'next update' - Because I simply don't know :D
Unless the team(Latissa/Xaljio) have said anything in that regards officially! There was a tentacle tree update, but that is some time ago.
Current content with Tentacle tree is something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: SamHaim

S1cK

Aug 20, 2017
True story, true story, that how it is with patreons that pay to support the game and get access to content vote ->
BIG SPOILER AHEAD ... guess what the the outcome of the last patreon poll ended with?
ahh now I see it, I just misunderstood your post about it, my fault.
and cheers for the extra information!

Reactions: Zellemate

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
Hmmm no - I never announce anything regarding 'next update' - Because I simply don't know :D
Unless the team(Latissa/Xaljio) have said anything in that regards officially! There was a tentacle tree update, but that is some time ago.
Current content with Tentacle tree is something like this:
How do I get Belle to get fucked by the tree? I've buying tree jizz from her and watching her milk the tree, got her naked at night, but nothing else.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Your words can be applied to almost all western games, its only very few developers that actually do a good job with delivering content compared to their income - But now that you are on the hunt for developers milking patreons, perhaps you should go after some that earn a bit more then 600$ per month? I can point you in the direction if you need some help.
There are developers of western games that take in from 10.000$ to 80.000$ per month with almost no content delivered when they do drop a patch - Which is usually after 3-9 months.
I don't believe that "other projects are terrible for this" is an adequate defence. Especially when I went out of my way to mention that this is a systemic problem with the industry. But being yet another person who is doing something bad, doesn't make the thing you do any less bad.

Not really sure where you got the "be professional" from - The artist gets 600$ per month, how much work does that really apply to? How much work would you do for 600$ a month in hours? As a personal comparison , my job in IT - its 2 days of work.
These developers are without being offensive "amateurs" - They don't live for the income they get via patreon, they have other real jobs - This is a hobby/side job, call it what you want - for them to go fulltime the income needs to be much higher... that's common sense.
And therein lies the rub. As soon as they start asking for money from people, which they do in their game and other places, then they become professionals who have a duty to the people who give them money. The Patreon deal isn't "give us some money and we might turn out some stuff when we get around to it". The Patreon deal is "I am now going to treat this professionally and I require your help to get me to a level where I can support myself".

The moment you ask for money is the moment that you now have a duty to your customers to deliver. If these guys were trotting out this game at their leisurely pace over the course of the years and weren't on Patreon or made it EXTREMELY clear that updates will be irregular and that this was a very part time project then I'd have less of a problem. But that's not what they're doing. If you take people's money then you owe them a product, it really is that simple. Hell, that isn't even a game development thing and is a basic rule of life.

You can't get $6 a month or $600 a month or $600,000 a month and then claim that really you'll do it when you can be bothered. That's exploitation of your customers. They give money to get updates and for the game to be worked on. That's what they are paying for, in reality, and that's what developers should do.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
I don't believe that "other projects are terrible for this" is an adequate defence. Especially when I went out of my way to mention that this is a systemic problem with the industry. But being yet another person who is doing something bad, doesn't make the thing you do any less bad.

And therein lies the rub. As soon as they start asking for money from people, which they do in their game and other places, then they become professionals who have a duty to the people who give them money. The Patreon deal isn't "give us some money and we might turn out some stuff when we get around to it". The Patreon deal is "I am now going to treat this professionally and I require your help to get me to a level where I can support myself".

The moment you ask for money is the moment that you now have a duty to your customers to deliver. If these guys were trotting out this game at their leisurely pace over the course of the years and weren't on Patreon or made it EXTREMELY clear that updates will be irregular and that this was a very part time project then I'd have less of a problem. But that's not what they're doing. If you take people's money then you owe them a product, it really is that simple. Hell, that isn't even a game development thing and is a basic rule of life.

You can't get $6 a month or $600 a month or $600,000 a month and then claim that really you'll do it when you can be bothered. That's exploitation of your customers. They give money to get updates and for the game to be worked on. That's what they are paying for, in reality, and that's what developers should do.
Its not that I don't agree with some of that - However there is not really any rule that says the team have to deliver x amount of content or how often they need to do this. Of cause the developer have an obligation to the patreons, which often are updated via news on patreon for when content is expected and if there are delays - Like all developers do.

And I do know that a lot of fans/patreons are not impressed with the amount of content these devs put out.... but the last 3 updates have come with 2 month interval, and next update should also drop in around 2 months time.
This current update was perhaps underwhelming, but what is better, no patch ? or a small patch?
Also it was Christmas vacation period and new years eve so hard to expect a giant patch IMHO - Teams like Gunsmokegames take the whole December off as vacation in comparison, is that fine?

Last edited:

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017

Do you honestly expect a indie project developer, once they gain their first supporter and are making as you say even $6 that they should quit their jobs so they can work on the project full time? And then hope that their project will take off and gain a lot of support so they can actually pay for their needs? Because I think that this is quite unrealistic. Or you expect them to work their full time job, then work on this full time for another 8+ hours a day? Because this is quite unhealthy in the long run, and even if they are capable of doing that I would expect the quality of the work to do down. You really can't be that creative if you are completely exhausted after working your normal job.

Patreon isn't a job contract, it's a "Hey we are doing a thing, if you like what we are doing then please consider supporting us."
And to point out, they DO provide updates for their project, people may not be happy with the time frame, but they do update none the less, so they are fulfilling your requirement to provide updates.

For a project only bringing in $600 and working a normal full time job, I think they are providing a passable amount of content, I think it could be a bit more myself. Now if the project were making something silly like say.....$70,000 a month and still only providing a update only 3-4 times a year you might be correct in your assessment of the quality of the developer.

Reactions: Zellemate
2.50 star(s) 29 Votes