2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

AR21

Mar 19, 2017
Patreon Update 1 hour ago :

TLDR :
Release date of 'The Library Story' ver 0.9:
For $5+ Patrons: July 20, 2017
General release: July 28, 2017

What a scam. Game of thrones will come out earlier than that. I bet that update will have less than an hours content

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
I don't think you'll get an hour...
It's the only one game i played who were better at its start, and get worse every update.
So much hype, so much good ideas, and the dev get lost.

From Belle as mainly character, the got more and more dilluated by other girls we don't care, just because patron polls.

Damn, if you need polls, does that mean you don't have a plot and story precise in your mind ?

Reactions: Gennosuke88

AR21

Mar 19, 2017
I don't think you'll get an hour...
It's the only one game i played who were better at its start, and get worse every update.
So much hype, so much good ideas, and the dev get lost.

From Belle as mainly character, the got more and more dilluated by other girls we don't care, just because patron polls.

Damn, if you need polls, does that mean you don't have a plot and story precise in your mind ?
Have you seen that there is no proper h scene in this game? I mean he should finish the story lines he started then branch out like MITY does not start polls and make the development process harder. How hard it could be to make a corruption story with the foundation he already has? His patrons should revolt at this point.

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
Is it weird that I want to be a good guy in this game where I'm playing an asshole?

Mr.Qaywesdxc

Aug 5, 2016
Update will be in July I think, approx. 9 months after last update. I'm really curious if it will be worth or not. You can make a full game in that time imho.

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
i do not have high expectations. it looks like they are going to branch into other characters, instead of the real reason that everyone was into it to begin with: to corrupt a disney princess. i remember them saying something like their coder was working on another project so that's why it takes that long but if you go by their last update, i wouldn't expect too much new content.

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
I think the whole crew, switch projects too often. Sometimes they work on Iris quest then on Akabur stuff, then go back to BHB. I dropped my support for all of them. I really love all their projects, but sometimes it seems they only start working on a project when the patreons get upset. LS had a good premise, then the milking started.

Reactions: GaRbS

neroxeon

Sep 21, 2016
i do not have high expectations. it looks like they are going to branch into other characters, instead of the real reason that everyone was into it to begin with: to corrupt a disney princess. i remember them saying something like their coder was working on another project so that's why it takes that long but if you go by their last update, i wouldn't expect too much new content.
I think their coder is Xaljio who is working on Iris quest. I also think he works for Akabur.

Dramber

Purveyor of Fine Cheeses
Donor
Oct 16, 2016

Hello guys!

It seems that we have already mentioned this before, but it does not prevent us from pointed on it again. In LS 0.9 there will be a Gallery where you can see additional staff (like on the pic for this message).

Besides, now we are thinking over whether it is worthwhile in ver 1.0 to make Gallery possible for replaying any opened scene. The fact is that the scenes in our game is influenced by different parameters of Gaston and other characters.

So this obviously complicates the placing of such scenes to Gallery. But, as a matter of principle, this is possible. Hence that we decided to advice with you on this issue.

So, here is a small poll:

Do you need in LS a full gallery with the possibility to replay opened scenes of the game or just place there special collection of art?

1) Need a full gallery with replaying of scenes

2) Enough to view special art from the game

Don't hesitate to comment on your choice ;)

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
Months to give us gallery ....

What a deception

Reactions: AR21

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
My Library 0.8 folder says October, so months is almost generous. 10,000 years later...

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Months to give us gallery ....

What a deception
No, that's ONE of the features announced.

Maybe as somebody who mods text files you should attempt to show a bit more respect to people who work on these things and understand the difficulty of it?

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
No, that's ONE of the features announced.

Maybe as somebody who mods text files you should attempt to show a bit more respect to people who work on these things and understand the difficulty of it?
Hello dspeed
If you saw my earlier posts about it, you'll understand the anger below this last comment

I was on the first to get this game and loved it
Then i saw the delays, the time increase between each version
Then i saw the quality get low each time
I'm so disapointed, it's true, that i can get a bad tongue, i understand your answer
We're almost 6 months after last update, each dev make 1.5k€ / month, not enought to not have a job, but enought to understand the painful wait for the fan.

This game get forgotten by new "big ones", and it's very sad, because i loved the initial idea.

So yes, i keep my word : months to get gallery, it's a deception, as we don't get further with belle yet, but with every other girls, or new ones.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Hello dspeed
If you saw my earlier posts about it, you'll understand the anger below this last comment

I was on the first to get this game and loved it
Then i saw the delays, the time increase between each version
Then i saw the quality get low each time
I'm so disapointed, it's true, that i can get a bad tongue, i understand your answer
We're almost 6 months after last update, each dev make 1.5k€ / month, not enought to not have a job, but enought to understand the painful wait for the fan.

This game get forgotten by new "big ones", and it's very sad, because i loved the initial idea.

So yes, i keep my word : months to get gallery, it's a deception, as we don't get further with belle yet, but with every other girls, or new ones.
My point is, this isn't some rubbish RPG Maker game - there's some talent and quality behind the production in terms of the art and game direction. Every project starts hitting problems at some point; it isn't really about the amount of money that they make off of it but instead about the general workflows of projects. In particularly ones of this nature where people usually have a bunch of art already done or that they can reuse at the start so it gives a false perspective early on of the amount of content that people can or should expect in future updates.

Secondly, as you know yourself, projects like this are motivation based. I know character designers earning a great salary who have sat in front of blank screens for days on end because they're going through a period of that demotivation. A few years back I spent 2 months working on a basic event messaging system for a game that was the worst experience of my life because every day I turned on a computer and sat looking at awful, terrible code and I knew that I'd bang out more awful, terrible code that same day.

My point is that there's a thing we do here whereby if anybody runs into trouble we immediately presume that they must be stalling to make more money. I'm not suggesting that this is never done but instead that it's much more likely that they're struggling to drag their project over the line and the constant pressure of delivery is getting to them. For the crap RPG Maker games or the crap Ren'Py ones that take 20 miniutes to build then we should be harsh on them. But when there's genuine talent behind the project then we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
My point is, this isn't some rubbish RPG Maker game - there's some talent and quality behind the production in terms of the art and game direction. Every project starts hitting problems at some point; it isn't really about the amount of money that they make off of it but instead about the general workflows of projects. In particularly ones of this nature where people usually have a bunch of art already done or that they can reuse at the start so it gives a false perspective early on of the amount of content that people can or should expect in future updates.

Secondly, as you know yourself, projects like this are motivation based. I know character designers earning a great salary who have sat in front of blank screens for days on end because they're going through a period of that demotivation. A few years back I spent 2 months working on a basic event messaging system for a game that was the worst experience of my life because every day I turned on a computer and sat looking at awful, terrible code and I knew that I'd bang out more awful, terrible code that same day.

My point is that there's a thing we do here whereby if anybody runs into trouble we immediately presume that they must be stalling to make more money. I'm not suggesting that this is never done but instead that it's much more likely that they're struggling to drag their project over the line and the constant pressure of delivery is getting to them. For the crap RPG Maker games or the crap Ren'Py ones that take 20 miniutes to build then we should be harsh on them. But when there's genuine talent behind the project then we should give them the benefit of the doubt.
I think that if their last update & release wasn't 6+ months ago, and they weren't working on 2-3+ other games, your argument might have more validity.

Point being, if their Patreons had dropped 25% each month there was no release and they were making only a few hundred dollars a month now instead of more than a thousand a month, because they hadn't released anything from LS, I would bet that we'd have seen a release before now.

Based strictly on their Patreon posts from just last fall (I dropped them after 3 months and no update), it was pretty easy to see that LS was the low priority for them, even thought they supposedly had most of the story done, etc. Either someone paid them a lot more money to draw/code Iris Quest, or they just wanted to see how far along the LS people would go before they all abandoned ship.

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes