2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

weazelz

May 21, 2019
I have read much of the content on this thread and find I must agree with most of the frustrations voiced, however, I still like this game. I am stuck on two things and would appreciate whatever help can be offered. 1 I am stuck trying to give Bell the bouquet after she becomes angry and refuses to continue tutoring. 2 I cannot complete the quest for Belle to reach "bed level 2". Thanks in advance for any help.
No idea how you make use of the bouquet. But the only way to complete the bed level 2 quest, is to complete the tutoring and get a handjob at the final test as Gaston, which frustratingly happens like 5 years after you exhausted all the other content in this game. And the only thing you unlock is getting Handjobs at the shop, so it's not like you miss out on much in the game current state.
I like the game. But it's horribly buggy, and filled with softlocks/partial save bricks allover. My first playthrough, I got the window locked without taking notice, so that's a restart, second try I did something wrong during my first/beast encounter with Emma, so that bricked. She never showed up again...

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
I have read much of the content on this thread and find I must agree with most of the frustrations voiced, however, I still like this game. I am stuck on two things and would appreciate whatever help can be offered. 1 I am stuck trying to give Bell the bouquet after she becomes angry and refuses to continue tutoring. 2 I cannot complete the quest for Belle to reach "bed level 2". Thanks in advance for any help.
If you totally piss Belle off you can give her the bouquet by going to her window during the day and offering it to her. You can also slowly raise relationship at the beach scenes. Talk to her when she is reading, then leave when she asks. Once relationship is back up above 25 or 30 she will continue to tutor.

DigitalFire

Aug 20, 2017
- We're too lazy to get anything done but we need to keep milking this project, what should we do?
+ Keep adding version numbers.
- Ok.
"We're glad to announce 0.95.54 is the final 0.95 update.", I don't know why we're so sarcastic when it comes to this project, adding more numbers is surely a tiring work and it just shows how extraordinary progress have been made.

zoicite

Feb 10, 2018

Hello friends!
We're glad to announce that work on 'The Library Story' 0.95 has been finished. LS ver 0.95.54 is the full 'The Library Story' v. 0.95.
Of course, it was too long, difficult, with problems and unpleasant postponements... Well, you know it yourself. Besides, content for 0.95 had to be published by parts. All this, of course, blurred the impression of the release. It's a shame, because LS v.0.95 is the largest and most content-rich version ever since the game's development. But what's done is done. The main thing is not to repeat such mistakes in the future (and we will try really hard to take this into account). And now, after finishing work on LS version 0.95, it's time to talk about... yes, LS ver 0.96! ^__^
The main priority in our work on 'The Library Story' now is to increase the frequency of releases and leave behind the vicious practice of postponing. Decent goals, we think :D Of course, this implies giving up the desire to make all planned quests, plus additional ones, plus some more and more extra-content into the new version... It is better to set more realistic goals, which you can always expand later. Well, as we've already said - first we will work on the main storylines and only then on additional content. Therefore, in case we don't all of a sudden have time for some 'extra-content', this content will simply go to the next version.
Of course, this doesn't mean that now new versions will be very tiny. We plan quite a decent amount of content for LS 0.96, including the continuation of the main line about Belle (finally, the Bed Skill quest of the third level! It's suppised to be really big, with different solutions and important consequences).
Actually, here is our new work plan:

Now one more important question: what about the timing? The answer is: we plan to release LS 0.96 for patrons by the end of September (2020, of course ^__^). We can announce a more exact date in the second half of August after finishing the basic part of work on the main storylines.
Thanks a lot for your support, guys! We look forward for LS 0.96 and will do our best to make new version interesting and varied. It's time to do it:). Stay tuned, the new release is coming soon!
So, my understanding it that what we got last month is it for 0.95.54. I'll check back around Q3 2022 for 0.96 part 1a. (yeah yeah, I'm being an optimist)

Reactions: indu
Mar 13, 2018
So, my understanding it that what we got last month is it for 0.95.54. I'll check back around Q3 2022 for 0.96 part 1a. (yeah yeah, I'm being an optimist)
So in that case, hold up, they said in the 0.95.5 release that:
"In the nearest days we will release the remainder of planned version 0.95 with the continuation of Belle's storyline"
What happened to that? Where did the Belle content go? Are they just folding that into 0.96?

Also, we all know how long 0.95 took and the developers say on their own Patreon that they're way less than half done, closer to a quarter done really. Are they really claiming that they'll have all this done in two months?

In that case they're basically saying that either:
1. 0.95 didn't really take that long to make
OR
2. There is no way in hell that this will be done in time
I guess we'll see in October

Reactions: LucWarrior

kavaman

Dec 25, 2018
What happened to that? Where did the Belle content go? Are they just folding that into 0.96?
Some main story advancement for Belle was always supposed to be in 0.95. The message was embedded in the game's interface of 0.94. All they did was say let's cut it off here and push everything unfinished forward to 0.96. So, 0.95.5 is mostly irrelevant side garbage that no one asked for. Pathetic.

These guys really don't understand the concept of diminishing returns. And, the developer seems to think he's going to be able to redeem his reputation at some point with an actual release of something that was promised. But nobody is ever going to trust this guy no matter what he does at this point. If it's not the artist's fault, she should definitely hand the coding over to someone else.

Reactions: HPRyder

MrBlack ✌

Jun 4, 2017
1597785559926.png

It seems, that 0.96 will be the next release - maybe at the end of the decade - somewhere behind Honululu... :HideThePain:

Apr 10, 2020
Library story could expand. They could easily add more characters. But the problem is their update record is appalling. And that is really bad marketing. Goodwill is a valued business asset.

who?

Dec 13, 2017
Oh for fuck's sake...
They haven't been able to actually build anything coherent with BookSlave, let alone RedAss and Kneepads before they added the SeaShellTits in all this time and they are planning to expand?

Sigh... I wonder if they found another batch of drawings and photos of some other chars and couldn't find some for belle to rotoscope...

zoicite

Feb 10, 2018
Here you go, the full BS for you to sigh at

Hello friends!

Sorry for such a long silence. We just worked too much...

So it looked like this:

'- It's time to make a post for our patrons!
- Sure! It's about time. But let's just refine this thing at the beginning... And elaborate this one... And that one...
Then in chorus: - Oops, two weeks have passed!'
So it's time to get better. We will post more news on Patreon soon.

Now, regarding the expansion of the 'LS world'... No, no, we haven't started another side project, as one might think. :D It's still about additional locations in our game. Yes, there will be new locations in 0.96, which is good! Thus, look at this picture:

Despite the fact these are only drafts, you can see here, first of all, the mayor's house! Of course, it is also the Josephine and Betsy's home. As you may have noticed, the mayor's family becomes increasingly important in LS. Therefore, now they have their own location on the map. There won't be too many events associated with it in 0.96, but this is just the beginning. And we have big plans for this garden, gazebo and the window. It will be interesting! ^__^

It's quite difficult to talk about the second location without big spoilers. But this will be a completely unexpected place... Related to the main plot, battles, new encounters and, of course, adult content. ;) See it yourself soon!

Thanks for your support guys, work on 'The Library Story' ver 0.96 is in full swing. Stay in touch!

Apr 10, 2020
Wow, how disconcerting this post was.

We will post new information "soon"

Here's some new places for 0.96, but they are only hand sketches at this point. :confused::rolleyes: That really doesn't bode well.

But don't worry, 0.96 is in "full swing". That sounds awfully evasive.

BDI

May 23, 2017
Wow, how disconcerting this post was.

We will post new information "soon"

Here's some new places for 0.96, but they are only hand sketches at this point. :confused::rolleyes: That really doesn't bode well.

But don't worry, 0.96 is in "full swing". That sounds awfully evasive.
Evasive IS another name for Library Story!

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
It's standard "sign of life" post, which many developers make to ensure people know they are not completely hibernating.
Here they show a glimpse of some of the new areas of and say a few lines of text, to make sure their patreons are satisfied.

I don't really understand all the fuss and whine when news are coming out.... would you guys rather no news and just complete silence instead I wonder ?

• Angry
Reactions: AlisaB

who?

Dec 13, 2017
Zelle, dear, you are this close to getting a rude reply.
If you haven't noticed yet, this project started in 2015, and I've actually been following it since the first days.
Heck, most of the walkthroughs you can find on this game are literally my original one that has been updated by adding 15-20 lines of text every 6 months.

Latissa and Xaljio have done nothing in all of this time to integrate and weave together any of the existing mechanics or build upon what's there. All we are getting is 2-3 weeks of development piled on what's there per 6 months... for years.

And what exactly have we got this time?

yeey! 2 pencil doodles and some vague salesman b.s. when they couldn't even stick to their promises for .95?
Do please take your nice shinny white painted shield and go away.

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 29 Votes