VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Lifeguard [Ep.2 Fix] [RaJa]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
It is actually pretty good game, kind of wonder why not much comments in this thread.
Only glitch I saw s galley stays locked. Other then that game is better them most I tried so gj man and gl
That gallery issue sucks :( It didn't come up during testing. I'll wait a few days to see what other bugs are reported and then make a new release with the corrections.

markblazes

Jun 16, 2020
I think there's a bug with that girl with the cramps. I rejected her so that I could do that scene with Deanna without feeling bad, but it seems she came into the apartment anyways.

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
I think there's a bug with that girl with the cramps. I rejected her so that I could do that scene with Deanna without feeling bad, but it seems she came into the apartment anyways.
Can you tell me which choices you made? Looking at the script I can't figure out how you managed that. :ROFLMAO:

After declining the stunt in the locker room, did you offer to make it up to her? And later, did you tell Deanna that your neighbor will pick up the key? That's the only way the lady with the cramps will join you later. Any other choices won't get you there.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Can you tell me which choices you made? Looking at the script I can't figure out how you managed that. :ROFLMAO:

After declining the stunt in the locker room, did you offer to make it up to her? And later, did you tell Deanna that your neighbor will pick up the key? That's the only way the lady with the cramps will join you later. Any other choices won't get you there.
I can confirm. You "Politely decline" in the locker room then ask if "Your leg OK now?", to turn down the lady with no name, and if you then tell Deanna "I'm sorry", then there is no note on the door. If you say "Sure" to Deanna, then the note appears.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
These are just hook ups ... why feel anything other than the joy of being with someone?
What is the point of keeping babes away? On purpose? Why?
This game is about babes and the spicy interactions with them, no?

I can confirm. You "Politely decline" in the locker room then ask if "Your leg OK now?", to turn down the lady with no name, and if you then tell Deanna "I'm sorry", then there is no note on the door. If you say "Sure" to Deanna, then the note appears.

markblazes

Jun 16, 2020

I think I just picked best choices, Friendly with Amber (Flirted in the convenience store), and being flirty all the way with Monica (even got the scene with her in the pool). I'll just give you the save if that works, after I said "Is your leg okay?" I asked Paul for help then accepted that invite with Deanne. I somehow still got the "Damn it I completely forgot about her!" cutscene.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Blackeye.

Aug 15, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of :

The Lifeguard [Ep.1] (Fixed)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider.

here or below my message there's a link to my discord

Last edited:

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
I think I just picked best choices, Friendly with Amber (Flirted in the convenience store), and being flirty all the way with Monica (even got the scene with her in the pool). I'll just give you the save if that works, after I said "Is your leg okay?" I asked Paul for help then accepted that invite with Deanne. I somehow still got the "Damn it I completely forgot about her!" cutscene.
OK, this is indeed a bug. I've uploaded a fix. Just replace 'scripts.rpa' in the game folder and the issue should be solved. From my testing it is compatible with all save games.

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
Attention:
Guys, I strongly advice installing the fix as somebody brought my attention to a more epic fail. This one will exclude you from seeing the more interesting final scenes in case the MC wins the game. The bug happens in the volleyball game before the final ball is served by the MC.

I'm sorry for this one. But it slipped through all testing that was done before the release.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of The Lifeguard [Ep.1]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The Lifeguard [Ep.1]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of The Lifeguard [v0.1]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The Lifeguard [v0.1]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Italian translation

Updated: 2021-12-29
Version: Episode 1

Reactions: homebrew

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I'm pleasantly surprised, renders are really nice, setting is rather unique (usually we see most action in school or a house), dialogues are decent (above average definitely) and in general it's a good game. One thing that irks me is that most women here have short hair which I personally don't like but it's just a minor gripe.

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
I'm pleasantly surprised, renders are really nice, setting is rather unique (usually we see most action in school or a house), dialogues are decent (above average definitely) and in general it's a good game. One thing that irks me is that most women here have short hair which I personally don't like but it's just a minor gripe.
Thanks for the kind comment. About the hair: That is an interesting observation. It wasn't by intention. It might be because shorter hair is easier to handle during setup of the renders. Longer hair requires more effort to look naturally. But I will put some longer hair into the second episode ;)

I

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
There are a couple of new ratings. Although they are positive in their general tone, I'd like to address some of the short comings.

Render quality:
Yes, the first renders look horrible in retrospective. I will repeat some of them in the next update. I'm still struggling with the environment of the pool arena. The big water surfaces require a lot of render time even when not directly in the render and the building itself allows only limited sunlight access. So even on a very sunny day the interior looks a bit dull. But it's work in progress.

Characters:
It was mentioned that the co-workers are too flirty. I think it only refers to Monique. For the other characters you need a little more effort. Monique is more of a concession to the type of the game. However, in times of Tinder and Co. such a character is not completely without justification. So just enjoy her. And, spoiler alert, she is more for the players that are not primarily interested in relationships. Also the number of characters was mentioned. Again, episode 1 is the beginning of a new life for the MC. If you already moved somewhere completely new then you know how tenacious it can be to meet new people. Episode 1 has covered barely a week and if you behaved OK you already got laid. So don't complain. That's more than 95% of the world would encounter.

Plot:
That is a tricky one. IMHO here are way to many games that are set in college or at the age around 20. And in many of the games the MC encounters girls that haven't had sex yet, sometimes even the main female character. I wanted to make something more realistic in having a background were the girls are more women than girls. So they all have their own taste when it comes to men. And yes, the plot will get a bit more interesting. But don't expect too much drama. It will still be something that you could encounter if you happen to be a lifeguard :)

Choices:
I'm hoping that you all have already figured out that some choices don't have an immediate effect. They seem to be completely random. But you will see that bad choices will come back to you.

So thanks for all the critics. Hopefully, I can soften the critics with the next update.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
An improvement compared to the first showing. and that's all we can ask. plus Dev is active here, helping with issues. (y)

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
Downloaded this and enjoyed it! Think I made most of the right choices, got some lewd scenes to make me happy at least! :devilish:

I want some more before a proper review, but as you can guess this didn't end up in my NoFun-folder! Keep up the good work, Dev! (y)

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Attention:
Guys, I strongly advice installing the fix as somebody brought my attention to a more epic fail. This one will exclude you from seeing the more interesting final scenes in case the MC wins the game. The bug happens in the volleyball game before the final ball is served by the MC.

I'm sorry for this one. But it slipped through all testing that was done before the release.
Ah, I was just about to post a comment grumbling about this (automatic -1 affection with two of the girls and missing out on the follow-up scene if you randomly win the coin flip) but should have checked the thread before playing. Never mind then.

Other than that, this is pretty good. Generally solid writing, nice varied characters that mostly act like human beings rather than malfunctioning robots, and decent graphics. Making content mutually exclusive for no compelling reason always annoys me and I could see that becoming an issue here, but it's not too bad so far (sex with ankle girl vs. training with Deana, sex with Amber vs. meeting Riley on the bus).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: mofonistik

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
Making content mutually exclusive for no compelling reason always annoys me and I could see that becoming an issue here, but it's not too bad so far (sex with ankle girl vs. training with Deana, sex with Amber vs. meeting Riley on the bus).
I can understand your frustration with this idea :) But my concept was to not allow you to fuck everybody. So you have to make some choices who you want to pursuit. And side action might prevent that. Just like real life. And you will meet the girl on the bus later again. No matter if you have met her on the bus....

Thanks for the quibbles. I corrected some of them for the ep2 release.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes