VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Lifeguard [Ep.2 Fix] [RaJa]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
Sooo... Ep 2 has been handed over to the testers - sanity checks and spelling. There are still two scenes missing. But these will be rather short. So I thought, doing the checks in parallel doesn't harm. The game music isn't complete either.

I'm still aiming for a release by end of June for my supporters. Public release will be somewhat later.

Reactions: sn3p

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Sooo... Ep 2 has been handed over to the testers - sanity checks and spelling. There are still two scenes missing. But these will be rather short. So I thought, doing the checks in parallel doesn't harm. The game music isn't complete either.

I'm still aiming for a release by end of June for my supporters. Public release will be somewhat later.
Ah, some good indeed, considering i was kind of affraid this one had been put on hold or abandoned.

Reactions: Sonny86

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
BREAKING NEWS
The Lifeguard Ep. 2 is online for my supporters. If you can't wait for the public release in July, become a supporter ;)

Cheers,
RAJA

Reactions: Sonico
Mar 18, 2019
So I read there is no harem and went to try the game while skipping all girls, waiting for the one on the left in blue to show up. She never did, unless I missed that the girl with the hat was her.

So I'm wondering is she not implemented yet or did I choose something wrong?

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
The Lifeguard [EP 2] Compressed (Half-Tested)

Win/Linux (724 MB/ 198 MB) : , ,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
So I read there is no harem and went to try the game while skipping all girls, waiting for the one on the left in blue to show up. She never did, unless I missed that the girl with the hat was her.

So I'm wondering is she not implemented yet or did I choose something wrong?
She doesn't appear in this episode, but will make a come-back in the next one. Ep2. is more for setting the stage :)

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
I just downloaded and played for the first time. A encountered a LOT of bugs where I got tracebacks. The screen that says I reached the end of Ep2 came up on multiple paths long before I actually reached the end of the Episode. There was a traceback for a missing image when Paul calls about the movie. The scene in the bedroom with the hotspots on the dresser/magazine/toy causes a traceback on anything I click on. If I click rollback, there's no way to progress the game. If I click ignore, then the game continues showing dialogue but only shows the "End of Ep2" screen, so it's unplayable.

Reactions: blablubiblub

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
I am stuck in the bedroom with the magazine and the hoodie. Clicking anything gives an error of "not defined".
I just downloaded and played for the first time. A encountered a LOT of bugs where I got tracebacks. The screen that says I reached the end of Ep2 came up on multiple paths long before I actually reached the end of the Episode. There was a traceback for a missing image when Paul calls about the movie. The scene in the bedroom with the hotspots on the dresser/magazine/toy causes a traceback on anything I click on. If I click rollback, there's no way to progress the game. If I click ignore, then the game continues showing dialogue but only shows the "End of Ep2" screen, so it's unplayable.
It seems your bugs haven't occured during testing. That can happen. Do you have the tracebacks? Can you send them via PM? And the bedroom scene as been tested by others too without problems. So I would appreciate a more detailed description, instead of just "doesn't work". Especially, if you expect me to fix it.

Last edited:

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Getting rid of the anal sex would inprove the game or at least make a work round so it can be avoided. please.

Paul Newmon

Apr 27, 2021
BREAKING NEWS
The Lifeguard Ep. 2 is online for my supporters. If you can't wait for the public release in July, become a supporter ;)

Cheers,
RAJA
I would appreciate a MacOS version so I can try your VN out, else I cannot really become a supporter. Cheers!

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
It seems your bugs haven't occured during testing. That can happen. Do you have the tracebacks? Can you send them via PM? And the bedroom scene as been tested by others too without problems. So I would appreciate a more detailed description, instead of just "doesn't work". Especially, if you expect me to fix it.
I sent you a PM with a bunch tracebacks and a screen cap. Two other people have posted having at least some of the same problems within about 30 minutes of my post, so I know it's not just me.

salkrim

Jul 8, 2021
Yep, a lot of errors, but could be the compressed version only. No time to try the original for now.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yep, a lot of errors, but could be the compressed version only. No time to try the original for now.
Original has a lot of errors too, images with wrong names, extensions, or even missing (like the Paul portrait of the messenger app)

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

I can tell you the errors i encountered so far:

While monique is giving you a bj after the first day i think, the webp has the wrong name (its missing ch1_ at the start)

When you are having sex with Deanna in the boat (she is not your favourite) all the images are webp but in the code you are referencing them as png with the image animate

And in the messenger app, the Paul images are missing, so when he texts you to invite you to the movie, we get an error.

I cant give you the tracebacks because i went fixing them in the rpy files so i could continue to play

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes