VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Lifeguard [Ep.2 Fix] [RaJa]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

sndman28

Jul 8, 2017
It seems your bugs haven't occured during testing. That can happen. Do you have the tracebacks? Can you send them via PM? And the bedroom scene as been tested by others too without problems. So I would appreciate a more detailed description, instead of just "doesn't work". Especially, if you expect me to fix it.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapter2.rpy", line 3493, in <module>
NameError: name 'hoodie_check' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "chapter2.rpyc", line 3493, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/chapter2.rpy", line 3493, in <module>
NameError: name 'hoodie_check' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
The Lifeguard Ep2
Sun Jul 10 20:02:55 2022

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
using the walkthrough mod w/ the game, at the end w/ it being 9:30 was there supposed to be a scene there w/ Monique and CJ? because after finding the item in the room theres just dialogue between the three with a black screen.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
using the walkthrough mod w/ the game, at the end w/ it being 9:30 was there supposed to be a scene there w/ Monique and CJ? because after finding the item in the room theres just dialogue between the three with a black screen.
Yes, it's weird. With the mod you're throw in a sandbox style that has anything to do with the rest of the game and you can see anything. Without it I was able to be invited to Monique's house and then they're having sex and you can watch . However, thanks to it I was able to unlock other scenes, specially with Amber.
Were you able to unlock all the gallery with the mod? Because I wasn't, and I guess it's the scene with the two friends.

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
It seems that the main issue is the bedroom where you have to find the toys. But it also seems that all of you have previously seen the "end of chapter 2"-screen or the 9:30-scene in any kind. Both scenes are actually the end of the chapter. So there is no more content after that. That you are able to see the empty bedroom again is indeed a bug, which I missed obviously.

juan palote:
I thought I had fixed these. :\ Thanks for finding them. The Paul-Messenger image is indeed driving me nuts and I'm suspecting that this is related to the software I use for tracking changes. Or there is something wrong with my dev-folder.

A bug fix will be released later today and can be found on the first page.
Cheers,
RAJA

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
It seems that the main issue is the bedroom where you have to find the toys. But it also seems that all of you have previously seen the "end of chapter 2"-screen or the 9:30-scene in any kind. Both scenes are actually the end of the chapter. So there is no more content after that. That you are able to see the empty bedroom again is indeed a bug, which I missed obviously.

juan palote:
I thought I had fixed these. :\ Thanks for finding them. The Paul-Messenger image is indeed driving me nuts and I'm suspecting that this is related to the software I use for tracking changes. Or there is something wrong with my dev-folder.

A bug fix will be released later today and can be found on the first page.
Cheers,
RAJA
What surprised me the most was this kind of free roam, because I couldn't even get the scene that I was able to, at least achieve (even if I was kicked out by the girls, surely because of what I chose previously), without the mod.

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
What surprised me the most was this kind of free roam, because I couldn't even get the scene that I was able to, at least achieve (even if I was kicked out by the girls, surely because of what I chose previously), without the mod.
You mean, you didn't see it during the mod-less play through? Of course, you have to be on the Monique-path. And you need to pay some attention ;)

Reactions: neronwtf

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
You mean, you didn't see it during the mod-less play through? Of course, you have to be on the Monique-path. And you need to pay some attention ;)
Yes, without the mod I could go to her dorm, see them fuck, but when I tried to join, they were annoyed and the other option was to leave the place.
Monique path? It implies always putting her first? I though she wanted some non-string attached relation.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yes, without the mod I could go to her dorm, see them fuck, but when I tried to join, they were annoyed and the other option was to leave the place.
Monique path? It implies always putting her first? I though she wanted some non-string attached relation.
The girl with the most points when you go to the beach is your "favourite". If you lose in volley on the beach, it will be the one that brings you the towel for example, and the interactions change based on that

At least that what i could get out of the code while trying to fix the errors i encountered

Reactions: neronwtf

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
"No-strings attached" doesn't mean you should ignore her
Didn't ignore her, but I didn't choose her every time I could do it. That's non-string attached for me. Maybe I could replay and always chose her. Sometimes it's not evident to grasp some options. I didn't get the boat scene with Deanne either, even if I flirted with her every time I could and stayed with her in the pool instead of the hookup.

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
The girl with the most points when you go to the beach is your "favourite". If you lose in volley on the beach, it will be the one that brings you the towel for example, and the interactions change based on that

At least that what i could get out of the code while trying to fix the errors i encountered
Good find. However. I thought that the scenes would adapt according to girls personality. If Monique it's telling you that she doesn't want to commit, then I assume I don't need to make her my favorite, however I can fool around with her. Same with Deanne, I was flirty but I couldn't have her boat scene. Anyways, I will try to replay taking in account what you said.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Good find. However. I thought that the scenes would adapt according to girls personality. If Monique it's telling you that she doesn't want to commit, then I assume I don't need to make her my favorite, however I can fool around with her. Same with Deanne, I was flirty but I couldn't have her boat scene. Anyways, I will try to replay taking in account what you said.
Yeah, the variable is set when you finish the volleybal match and the one with the most points there ends up as favorite for the rest of the game, i checked again

Or you can open the console and change that variable if you want to check specific scenes

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
Monique's no-strings attached is just that she won't have a problem with you fooling around. She still has to like you. Certain scenes will possible even if she is not you favorite.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
I can tell you the errors i encountered so far:

While monique is giving you a bj after the first day i think, the webp has the wrong name (its missing ch1_ at the start)
I fixed that at moment ago.

When you are having sex with Deanna in the boat (she is not your favourite) all the images are webp but in the code you are referencing them as png with the image animate
Nope, no "png"-references in the animate section in this scene. So I'm not sure, what the bug is, you have seen.

And in the messenger app, the Paul images are missing, so when he texts you to invite you to the movie, we get an error.
Fixed that a moment ago as well. The messenger is defined in a different section and I overlooked that this requires pngs instead of webps.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Nope, no "png"-references in the animate section in this scene. So I'm not sure, what the bug is, you have seen.
Chaper2.rpy, lines 865-895

image animate:
"ch2_sc26_10b_1.png"
"ch2_sc26_10b_2.png"
repeat 10

image animate2:
"ch2_sc26_10b_1b.png"
"ch2_sc26_10b_2b.png"
repeat

image animate3:
"ch2_sc26_11b_0.png"
"ch2_sc26_11b_1.png"
repeat

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
I just downloaded and played for the first time. A encountered a LOT of bugs where I got tracebacks. The screen that says I reached the end of Ep2 came up on multiple paths long before I actually reached the end of the Episode. There was a traceback for a missing image when Paul calls about the movie. The scene in the bedroom with the hotspots on the dresser/magazine/toy causes a traceback on anything I click on. If I click rollback, there's no way to progress the game. If I click ignore, then the game continues showing dialogue but only shows the "End of Ep2" screen, so it's unplayable.
Has somebody a savegame where this error occurs? I can't find the reason that triggers this issue. It shouldn't even be possible to reach that scene without meeting the requirements and only if you are paying a visit to Monique (so not Ms. Wilson path).

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes