VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Lifeguard [Ep.2 Fix] [RaJa]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

So, before I actually focus on the next episode I will improve the quality of the renders in episode 1. As seen from the image a huge quality increase can be achieved with only minor modifications to the render engine settings. Still it requires couple of minutes to render and overall will take some time to update most of the bad images. But I think it's worth the time.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
So, the quality update has been finished. Overall roughly 10% of the images have been updated. I've also created some new templates to keep locations consistent between scenes with respect to lighting etc. Hopefully, that provides some relief for your eyes....

Reactions: Boogie

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
There is any WT for this game? I saw there is a route for Amber if you choose right(mc lost the volley match and he goes to her house), but if you win the release ends, so I guess this(losing the match) its a big factor but I cant make this happen in other routes(Monique and Deanna).

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
Did you install the fix? The "volleyball win -> release end" is a bug and should have been fixed by applying the fix from the first page BEFORE you play the volleyball game. A save game from there will work as well. Winning and losing is not up to you. :)

Reactions: herreraaa

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
Did you install the fix? The "volleyball win -> release end" is a bug and should have been fixed by applying the fix from the first page BEFORE you play the volleyball game. A save game from there will work as well. Winning and losing is not up to you. :)
Ohhh I didnt knew... I dlded some time ago, so yeah, I didnt.
Here we go again hahaha

Last edited:

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
I dont know if you already know and will fix it in next release, but if you are on Monique route and you go to home with bus after beach, you cant do nothing to advance the game except watching.
Skipping didnt work

Last edited:

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
I dont know if you already know and will fix it in next release, but if you are on Monique route and you go to home with bus after beach, you cant do nothing to advance the game except watching.
Skipping didnt work
What do you mean by "can't do nothing"? You are in the bus and should be able to interact with the girl there.

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
What do you mean by "can't do nothing"? You are in the bus and should be able to interact with the girl there.
I mean after mc say good bye to the girls until the choice to talk with the girl in the bus, all scene between it cannot be advanced/skippable... each render take at least 5 seconds to change and progress the story.... this thing happened on volleyball last point too, but after the fix, this "problem" was fixed.

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
IC, but certain stuff can't be skipped in the first playthrough as it would break the sync with the audio.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
There seems to be a problem when you don't ask the women in blue bikini to your place @ 11pm, you still get the sticky note on your door that you missed her

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
I think that has been fixed. Did you download and install the bug fix from the first page?

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
Little dev-Update

Hey folks,
I'd like to give a short update on the progress of the 2nd episode. After struggling with some software issues recently, the renders are coming at a steady pace now. For the nerds: The count is already at 1/3 of ep. 1 and that's only the first 3 scenes. I would call it some progress. There are also 1 or 2 additional ideas that show potential for future episodes.

There will also be some improved game play features. Like full keyboard support for choices to make, so you don't have to use the mouse while playing (except saving and stuff...). The omnipresent smartphone will make its entry too.

Feel free to check my side for in-depth progress reports.

Cheers

Reactions: sn3p and Boogie

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
So the next episode is coming together nicely. There will be a surprise for everybody who loves bikinis. But I won't spoil it and it will not happen before ep. 3 anyway. But the groundwork has been laid. All in all, the second episode has hit around 50% completeness.

I'm toying around with the idea of making an intermediate release, just to get some feedback. But it's not decided yet. Meanwhile I have upgraded the look and feel of the game somewhat to give it a bit more polish.

As usual, more can be found here:

homebrew

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2021
ch2 sc40_0_Camera.png

Small teaser what's going on in the 2nd episode. I'm making good progress so I had time to play around with Autodesk, Blender and Daz Studio to fit this nice twin turbo charged small block into the ride from Amber. She actually helped in person as you can see by her greasy arms.

However, I'm sure the enthusiats in the crowd will get pale by this sacrilege as the orignal 68 Corvette never had (afaik) a 350 twin turbo. And it usually had this very characteristic circular air filter sitting on top of the block. But I couldn't fit this one into the 3D model I had of the Corvette. Even if it worked I was always missing a radiator assembly that would complete the engine. So I opted for this little compromise between the 327 and the 427 cid block which came with a radiator. And a little more punch.

Anyway, if you like the game, support me on Patreon or write a Review :)

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Damn fine looking render! And I can appreciate the effort needed to piece together different assets to make it look convincing.

Looking forward to the next release!

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes