Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
LOL, most of the people at the poker game are references to friends who helped me out with my story. I bounced a lot of ideas off my discord friends and I honor as many of them as I can in my story. The poker game, Alexis's squad, a convoy name, a restaurant name, a dead vampire, and of course TKA.
I know. I know them all. Good guys. But still assholes. Like me. :ROFLMAO:

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
My guess is all three will survive. It stands to reason that Brittany probably has the same healing abilities as MC since they are siblings. My biggest question is, with how much Brittany hates vampires, did she know she was working for a vampire to kill other vampires or was she lied to and manipulated?

JDE07

Mar 22, 2021
Well, yea, obviously. Prior to Chapter 8 I was one of them. But Chapter 8 changed a lot of things. Of course opinions are going to change.

I'm not against redemption arcs in the general sense, they can be great, but I don't see any path back for Britney assuming she lives and I can't kill her. The things she said alone, never mind what she did, I can't forgive. And what she did was itself unforgivable too.
Personally I would willingly hand over Britney to TKA and The Twins 'IF she survives' and let them test out their latest techniques.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
My guess is all three will survive. It stands to reason that Brittany probably has the same healing abilities as MC since they are siblings. My biggest question is, with how much Brittany hates vampires, did she know she was working for a vampire to kill other vampires or was she lied to and manipulated?
While I do understand your question and in another scenario would probably be able to sympathize with your intention, in this specific case, I don't really care.

Sure, she's family, sure she's hot, but, not only was she behind the attempt to kill you, she did kill (with pleasure) your mother and maybe also your father. She would have seen you die, or even kill you herself, that same night. The reasons why, or even under who's power she was, mean very little.

Unless Uncle has more info that he hasn't divulged that completely turns this around, I can't see any redemption arc here.

About manipulation, is the MC also not being manipulated? Alexis is awesome to him, but, others could call her a monster. How many have her killed? And will kill yet? The families and lovers of all those hunters, that have been erased, can also say that the MC, Alexis and the gang, should all be killed on sight. Did you really choose this path? Or, out of (very well deserved) gratitude for what she did for you, did you follow Alexis and made a choice of sides based on who's nice to you?

Can't Britney have been on something similar? Yes, she could. The difference is that, even if she is your sibling, she's after the people that have given you love and care, while you got nothing but hostility and murder intentions from her.

In my view, and anyone is clear to object, her intentions and her actions are far more relevant than whatever blood ties she may have. Where are those intentions coming from, loses all relevancy when she actively murders your mother and tries to murder you.

Until new info, relevant and very convincing, comes to light, I remain:

#SayNoToBritney

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
While I do understand your question and in another scenario would probably be able to sympathize with your intention, in this specific case, I don't really care.

Sure, she's family, sure she's hot, but, not only was she behind the attempt to kill you, she did kill (with pleasure) your mother and maybe also your father. She would have seen you die, or even kill you herself, that same night. The reasons why, or even under who's power she was, mean very little.

Unless Uncle has more info that he hasn't divulged that completely turns this around, I can't see any redemption arc here.

About manipulation, is the MC also not being manipulated? Alexis is awesome to him, but, others could call her a monster. How many have her killed? And will kill yet? The families and lovers of all those hunters, that have been erased, can also say that the MC, Alexis and the gang, should all be killed on sight. Did you really choose this path? Or, out of (very well deserved) gratitude for what she did for you, did you follow Alexis and made a choice of sides based on who's nice to you?

Can't Britney have been on something similar? Yes, she could. The difference is that, even if she is your sibling, she's after the people that have given you love and care, while you got nothing but hostility and murder intentions from her.

In my view, and anyone is clear to object, her intentions and her actions are far more relevant than whatever blood ties she may have. Where are those intentions coming from, loses all relevancy when she actively murders your mother and tries to murder you.

#SayNoToBritney
Lot's of great points here, and of course I have additional information up my sleeve.

I personally would say that when the MC killed that first hunter he felt a little remorse at first, then ultimately decided he did it to protect others. Britney on the other hand really seemed to get some enjoyment out of killing their mother. She even seemed to really enjoy stabbing the MC as well. Our MC justifies himself for killing people by protecting his friends he never seemed to get enjoyment from it or killed someone for fun.

At the bar, he defended his friend and was performing his job. The attack outside of Nathan's home could be justified as self-defense. The first hunter base was to rescue a friend. In the vampire's home, he killed those who shot Alexis and that appeared to kill the missing vampire. The second hunter base he was hired to kill them (all part of the job), and had the opportunity to get revenge for who he thought killed his mother and the man he called father.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Lot's of great points here, and of course I have additional information up my sleeve.

I personally would say that when the MC killed that first hunter he felt a little remorse at first, then ultimately decided he did it to protect others. Britney on the other hand really seemed to get some enjoyment out of killing their mother. She even seemed to really enjoy stabbing the MC as well. Our MC justifies himself for killing people by protecting his friends he never seemed to get enjoyment from it or killed someone for fun.

At the bar, he defended his friend and was performing his job. The attack outside of Nathan's home could be justified as self-defense. The first hunter base was to rescue a friend. In the vampire's home, he killed those who shot Alexis and that appeared to kill the missing vampire. The second hunter base he was hired to kill them (all part of the job), and had the opportunity to get revenge for who he thought killed his mother and the man he called father.
Yes, there's a completely different set of intentions and motivations on the siblings.

Even, in the chance that she was thralled or mind-bended, the fact that she does it with glee and gets satisfaction from the killing, is enough for me to not have nothing to do with her.

You could say that the MC also gets satisfaction from killing, except that his satisfaction comes from his friends and lovers not being harmed because he managed to protect them. The killing is NOT relevant, the result is. While for his sister, the killing is very much as relevant as the result.

These small details and depth make for a rather interesting story, thanks Uncle.

Peace :)

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020

#SayNoToBritney
I definitely wasn't trying to imply that the things Brittany did were justifiable, just that I think there is more to the story than we know right now.

Reactions: Uncle Loco

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Just wait until you see all the clues you may have missed. There is an early conversation that sets up a large portion of the story and only small details have been uncovered so far.
It always impresses me how some Devs have it all figured out from the start

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Just wait until you see all the clues you may have missed. There is an early conversation that sets up a large portion of the story and only small details have been uncovered so far.
Yeah, I've scheduled a replay for next update. It was to be this one, but time wasn't on my side.

This really needs a refresher after we know more details.

Peace :)

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
It always impresses me how some Devs have it all figured out from the start
All 13 chapters have been written and I am in the process of writing book 2 (aka game 2) now, books 3-5 all have outlines too. It was really important to me to have a strong plan for the story. Sure, I have room to change or add things, but the overall path is pretty much locked in stone now.

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
All 13 chapters have been written and I am in the process of writing book 2 (aka game 2) now, books 3-5 all have outlines too. It was really important to me to have a strong plan for the story. Sure, I have room to change or add things, but the overall path is pretty much locked in stone now.
So very organized. I'd love to be able to do that but I would feel confined.

I have an outline and a plan for how to get there but I'd have to say I'm more than 50% off the cuff. Many parts of the story have changed since I started. Dylan's fate was very different originally. The characters have also evolved a lot from the bio that I wrote before I started.

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes