VN Ren'Py The Lost Chapters [v0.6 Public] [Asura Interactive]

4.10 star(s) 17 Votes

Who is your favourite girl?

• Total voters

Agni2013

Developing 'The Lost Chapters'
Game Developer
May 3, 2019
What would you recommend for a compatible RPA Extractor?

Also, really excited for an update, do you have a definite or somewhat concrete idea when that might be done?

Overall, an amazing game, really good graphics, just hoping for some more futa content with Xue and Eve. :)
Eh, you can just rename the python library folder and unren will work just fine.

As for the release, some time in September. Hopefully. I am swamped with my day job right now.

Reactions: pulicabobu

Davey24

Dec 23, 2021
Any idea on when the next update is coming out? Is it delayed or are you going to be able to release this month?

Looking forward to new content either way!

Agni2013

Game Developer
May 3, 2019
Any idea on when the next update is coming out? Is it delayed or are you going to be able to release this month? Looking forward to new content either way!
Renders all done. Just coding and scripting left now. Been receiving a lot of complaints about my grammar and spelling as of late. I want to do it better this time around.

Some promotional images below.

Scene6.530.png Scene6.570.png

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
The Lost Chapters [v0.4a] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.40 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 289 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 275 MB: -

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hot damn :eek: :love: This game is closing in its 2 year anniversary but manage to escape my (and probably most members) radar for this long:eek: because discoverability is definitely not one of this site best strength.

Interesting premise, nice renders although I have not personally played it, will keep it in my watch list.

Thank you for the share. Well done and all the best to the dev. Cheers.

Reactions: centuz
Dec 7, 2020
Glad to see that this game is still alive.

This game has a lot of names and lore concepts, and it's been a long time since I played it, so to be honest I forgot what's exactly happening, and the exact role of each character. So right now everything's quite confusing for me, lol. I guess I should start again from the beginning to remember the story.

A good idea for future versions would be to add character/lore/story summaries with already known information, so that you can remember what's exactly happening and who is who more easily xD.

Last edited:

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Selene is a more interesting character than I thought at first. In the beginning I dismissed her as an antagonist, but the intrigue between her and the royals and now the more supernatural stuff is swaying me more to her side, and her "route" (trusting her to deal with Ashley) is pretty interesting.

Having said that, Chloe best girl

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I really tried to be understanding and patient with Ashley, well, girl has a prejudice against demons, it can happen to anyone, her loss, but the way she treats Ember annoys me af.

Reactions: MisterNephilim

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
i really don't understand a bit of the story here...so much confusing
Yes with time passing i'm completely lost in those chapters!!
The story seemed good and solid at start then it went into some crazy fantasy shit and i totally lost it. And when it went back to normal life, it was so boring that i missed the fantasy shit. So i don't know where we are going now, i'm lost for good!

Aug 16, 2022
It is confusing, but I think there are some hints you can follow if you want. Keep in mind I have a very active imagination and I might be creating connections from tiny clues that really aren't there. Anyway, this is what I've got so far:

First, the main trope is you are visiting at least two different timelines/worlds. It's probably not really two worlds, because it appears the 'fantasy world' is meant to be in the deep past of the 'real world' You probably got that. What you might miss is that some of the characters in the 'real world' ARE people from the 'fantasy world,' and they know themselves to be. Some other people (if I am intuiting this correctly) are ALSO people from the fantasy world, but are like reborn or reincarnated and DO NOT know themselves to be.

I think the author wants you to be in a position of not being sure who is who all the time. But the VN opens with that 'demon' who can change her shape and colors, even gets some nice angel wings. You see that lady again in Selene's house. Is it Selene herself? I think probably, but I don't think it's confirmed. I think this is possibly one of the major mysteries of the VN. Selene is obviously a supernatural of some kind, but maybe not that demon winged woman we saw. Even if she is, is she the Goddess of Pleasure as that winged woman proclaims herself to be at the beginning? If so, is she then Mara from the fantasy world, who also appears to be a goddes of pleasure? That was my first guess, but some things pointed against it. 1. Mara didn't appear to care that much about what was going on around her. 2. Mara is a definitely a goddess. Selene seems to be more connected to the story than Mara had seemed to be in the past, and she seems to be more confused, less powerful than you would expect from a goddess. (Note that there is another 'blue lady' in the VN, though she never sprouts any wings, and is a mother figure to the Rakshaasa siblings who had to share a body for a while.. where does she fit into this? I have no effin' idea! But she cannot be Mara, as they are in the same scene, and opposed to one another. Selene may be this other blue lady, but I'm leaning against that right now.)

Anyway, I think one of the major mysteries we're meant to solve is WHO IS SELENE? Is she MARA? If she isn't, then who is she? (And then, where is Mara in the story, because she has to be there somewhere..)

Confusing? Yes! But if that's the author's intention, then we simply have to wait and watch for more clues.

Now our main character, EVE, shows up all over the place, notably in that one dream sequence of Selene. We can presume that our 'real world' Eve is a character from the 'fantasy world' but it is obvious that she does not know herself to be. Selene does something to the 'real world' Eve that seems to increase her allure to others. Then she gets her a job at the school, and is obviously very interested in her. I think the mystery we are meant to consider is, who is our 'real world' Eve, really? IS she the former Eve that Selene loved? Or has Selene recreated her because she needs/wants something?

I don't think we know yet.

From here, I am sure you have seen how the author has implied the 'anti demon' church people are zealous idiots, and that the demons are sometimes not the bad guys. If you are like me, you probably feel a little more sympathetic to the demons, but they do some bad stuff too so.. yeah, not sure which side to come down on yet. Maybe neither.

Where the VN ends right now, sure it's a mess. You really can't be sure of anything. But there are clues, probably a lot I didn't even pick up on. The main plot in both 'worlds' is a struggle for control between two factions. I think we are meant to identify who is who from the 'fantasy world' to the 'real world' and this will help us to solve the mystery of the VN.

Agni2013

Game Developer
May 3, 2019
It is confusing, but I think there are some hints you can follow if you want. Keep in mind I have a very active imagination and I might be creating connections from tiny clues that really aren't there. Anyway, this is what I've got so far:

First, the main trope is you are visiting at least two different timelines/worlds. It's probably not really two worlds, because it appears the 'fantasy world' is meant to be in the deep past of the 'real world' You probably got that. What you might miss is that some of the characters in the 'real world' ARE people from the 'fantasy world,' and they know themselves to be. Some other people (if I am intuiting this correctly) are ALSO people from the fantasy world, but are like reborn or reincarnated and DO NOT know themselves to be.

I think the author wants you to be in a position of not being sure who is who all the time. But the VN opens with that 'demon' who can change her shape and colors, even gets some nice angel wings. You see that lady again in Selene's house. Is it Selene herself? I think probably, but I don't think it's confirmed. I think this is possibly one of the major mysteries of the VN. Selene is obviously a supernatural of some kind, but maybe not that demon winged woman we saw. Even if she is, is she the Goddess of Pleasure as that winged woman proclaims herself to be at the beginning? If so, is she then Mara from the fantasy world, who also appears to be a goddes of pleasure? That was my first guess, but some things pointed against it. 1. Mara didn't appear to care that much about what was going on around her. 2. Mara is a definitely a goddess. Selene seems to be more connected to the story than Mara had seemed to be in the past, and she seems to be more confused, less powerful than you would expect from a goddess. (Note that there is another 'blue lady' in the VN, though she never sprouts any wings, and is a mother figure to the Rakshaasa siblings who had to share a body for a while.. where does she fit into this? I have no effin' idea! But she cannot be Mara, as they are in the same scene, and opposed to one another. Selene may be this other blue lady, but I'm leaning against that right now.)

Anyway, I think one of the major mysteries we're meant to solve is WHO IS SELENE? Is she MARA? If she isn't, then who is she? (And then, where is Mara in the story, because she has to be there somewhere..)

Confusing? Yes! But if that's the author's intention, then we simply have to wait and watch for more clues.

Now our main character, EVE, shows up all over the place, notably in that one dream sequence of Selene. We can presume that our 'real world' Eve is a character from the 'fantasy world' but it is obvious that she does not know herself to be. Selene does something to the 'real world' Eve that seems to increase her allure to others. Then she gets her a job at the school, and is obviously very interested in her. I think the mystery we are meant to consider is, who is our 'real world' Eve, really? IS she the former Eve that Selene loved? Or has Selene recreated her because she needs/wants something?

I don't think we know yet.

From here, I am sure you have seen how the author has implied the 'anti demon' church people are zealous idiots, and that the demons are sometimes not the bad guys. If you are like me, you probably feel a little more sympathetic to the demons, but they do some bad stuff too so.. yeah, not sure which side to come down on yet. Maybe neither.

Where the VN ends right now, sure it's a mess. You really can't be sure of anything. But there are clues, probably a lot I didn't even pick up on. The main plot in both 'worlds' is a struggle for control between two factions. I think we are meant to identify who is who from the 'fantasy world' to the 'real world' and this will help us to solve the mystery of the VN.
WOW! I am impressed. I am neither going to confirm, or deny your theories, but allow me to say one thing. Do not put too much emphasis on the 'Goddess of pleasure' bit. It is meant to be just an expression, a way of her aggrandizing herself. ;)

4.10 star(s) 17 Votes