VN Ren'Py The Lost Chapters [v0.6 Public] [Asura Interactive]

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

Who is your favourite girl?

• Total voters

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
The only thing I don't like about this VN is how completely unrelated decisions in (my personal opinion) uninteresting or outright annoying flashbacks lock access to content happening to the protagonist in the current point in time. The reason I don't want to see Xue and Selene having sex is a. I like Xue and that is a terrible start to romancing her and b. I simply don't care to see sex scenes not involving the protagonist just in general. The game making "I hate Futa" out of that is pretty rude and makes no sense.

And the flashback to the past I didn't care to see at all & I hated the characters involved, so me making decisions there is solely based on the flashback, why does it translate into randomly changing how the Xue route plays out (or rather doesn't play out).

In my personal opinion that's really not a good way to handle those things & it repeatedly leads to having to reload very early save files only to then skip literally everything to get to the decisions again & try out and hope the next choices don't lock you out of stuff you wanted to see.

This becomes especially annoying because even when not skipping through the uninteresting parts it is borderline impossible to even tell what the choices made there lead to.

To emphasize my point let me say it took forever for me to even realize what those flashbacks are meant to be, they felt so out of place and touch that they seemed like pure nonsensical dream sequences the protagonist has, for one reason or another.

It is a really good VN though, nevertheless, just needlessly frustrating in that 1 aspect through being confusing in regards to something so important as locking and unlocking content, in my eyes that should never be a thing, just let people decide for themselves who and what they like, don't try to make assumptions based on unrelated decisions for characters that for the most part don't even remotely feel like the ones we run into in the actual story going on.

Still easily a 4-5 star experience, definitely a game I'm excited to see updated every time a new patch drops.
I agree with everything you've typed and I don't think that's ever happened in my entire life! :D

• Wow
Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I agree with everything you've typed and I don't think that's ever happened in my entire life! :D
Thank you! :) I hope the Dev doesn't take it as me shitting on their work in general, it's just an aspect that I truly don't see any benefits from, it removes the aspect of roleplaying and forces the player to make decisions not only based on knowledge not available to them when they first appear but also actively forces scenes and things on the player to have choices available to them that have nothing to do with those scenes but are super important for the actual story happening around the protagonist in the present.

Edit: I think it should also be said that the decisions we make in the flashback as far as I can tell aren't even decisions the protagonist made in the past, so it becomes quite impossible to tell (or explain why) they have any impact on the story going on & the choices/paths available to the protagonist.

If the game tries to ask the player what they like or do not like go about it in a clear way, not around 2 corners, e.g. not liking a rapist warlord doesn't say anything about liking or not liking other stuff. The game just assumes it is about someone having a dick or not in both of the instances I mentioned, when the entire issue was about the scenes and characters involved.

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TheLostChapters-0.4.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Agni2013

Developing 'The Lost Chapters'
Game Developer
May 3, 2019
The only thing I don't like about this VN is how completely unrelated decisions in (my personal opinion) uninteresting or outright annoying flashbacks lock access to content happening to the protagonist in the current point in time. The reason I don't want to see Xue and Selene having sex is a. I like Xue and that is a terrible start to romancing her and b. I simply don't care to see sex scenes not involving the protagonist just in general. The game making "I hate Futa" out of that is pretty rude and makes no sense.

And the flashback to the past I didn't care to see at all & I hated the characters involved, so me making decisions there is solely based on the flashback, why does it translate into randomly changing how the Xue route plays out (or rather doesn't play out).

In my personal opinion that's really not a good way to handle those things & it repeatedly leads to having to reload very early save files only to then skip literally everything to get to the decisions again & try out and hope the next choices don't lock you out of stuff you wanted to see.

This becomes especially annoying because even when not skipping through the uninteresting parts it is borderline impossible to even tell what the choices made there lead to.

To emphasize my point let me say it took forever for me to even realize what those flashbacks are meant to be, they felt so out of place and touch that they seemed like pure nonsensical dream sequences the protagonist has, for one reason or another.

It is a really good VN though, nevertheless, just needlessly frustrating in that 1 aspect through being confusing in regards to something so important as locking and unlocking content, in my eyes that should never be a thing, just let people decide for themselves who and what they like, don't try to make assumptions based on unrelated decisions for characters that for the most part don't even remotely feel like the ones we run into in the actual story going on.

Still easily a 4-5 star experience, definitely a game I'm excited to see updated every time a new patch drops.
First allow me thank you for the detailed feedback. I made a mistake at the Xue- Selene scene. It did not cross my mind that people would not like seeing their love interests with someone else. I was very much focused on making the futa/trans route optional as most of the early feedback was people disliking a futa/trans love interest. In hindsight was a very rookie mistake for someone writing a romance focused story. I will fix this in the next update. I also tried to make the flashbacks more meaningful, and it seems I did a poor job. You certainly gave me a lot to think about.
Once again, you have thanks for sharing your thoughts. Dedicated readers like you help make up for my inexperience and keeps me motivated. Cheers!

No males in this game?
There are a couple.
Scene6.74.jpg Scene4.104.jpg

Last edited:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
First allow me thank you for the detailed feedback. I made a mistake at the Xue- Selene scene. It did not cross my mind that people would not like seeing their love interests with someone else. I was very much focused on making the futa/trans route optional as most of the early feedback was people disliking a futa/trans love interest. In hindsight was a very rookie mistake for someone writing a romance focused story. I will fix this in the next update. I also tried to make the flashbacks more meaningful, and it seems I did a poor job. You certainly gave me a lot to think about.
Once again, you have thanks for sharing your thoughts. Dedicated readers like you help make up for my inexperience and keeps me motivated. Cheers!
I'm glad my feedback came across the way I hoped it would and not as complaining for the sake of it. I'm super excited to hear that you already had the intention to make certain changes & look forward to see how they play out a lot.

The approach of making sure the Futa stuff remains optional is something I 100% can get behind and that is the right thing to do, given how much some people dislike it and of course it's always great if readers with different likes 'n dislikes can get enjoyment out of a story.

Thanks for taking what I wrote into consideration, don't worry too much though, this is good as it is and unless something really nasty and entirely unavoidable (across different playthroughs) happens to the characters I like (which are almost all characters as far as the present time stuff is considered, though some, like Xue, I like more than others (e.g. Ashley) it would be quite hard to make me hesitate to come back to this VN every time I see an update.

Definitely gonna play through it a few more times with different choices before the changes drop, because that only makes starting over all the more interesting.

Also please take note, in regards to the sequences takes place in the past, that I'm not a fan of such stuff just in general, so part of my dislike is just that & should be taken as just a personal preference I'd not let impact my overall rating of the game. The only thing I feel like definitely could use some improvements is how the decisions made there impact the game. Even after reaching scenes where things couldn't progress the way I wanted it's pretty much a guessing game which decision(s) lead to that so it's not just going back once but it requires doing it multiple times, skipping forward, seeing if I guessed right and if not it's back to square one. I'm sure you understand how that takes the reader out of the game potentially. As a result it's also hard to tell when something actually isn't the result of a past choice but just genuinely something that happens no matter what.

Edit: Also, while I ran into it completely on accident, I wanna commend you for that scene where we get a glimpse at a non-Futa Xue. It's a super sweet moment and just a cute "easteregg" of sorts, albeit bitter-sweet, since it isn't something available for those interested.

Edit 2: Just another thought: If the past sequences were a game I would definitely not mind playing that at all, so please don't think they are badly written in and of themselves, or anything.

Edit 3: One more thing specifically about the scene with Xue & Selene - I realized it actually does 2 things, it takes away from the Xue romance because she steals that moment from Xue & the protagonist, but it also takes away from the supposed romance with her, because it makes her feelings for the protagonist come across as a lot less genuine and makes her seems not trustworthy all by itself. If that is the intended effect it's done pretty well, but if it isn't maybe it's worth thinking about it that way for a moment.

Last edited:

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
Xue dom's path is sensational, I'm really enjoying it, mainly because apparently it involves a lot of cuckquean with Eve

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Haha, i am the opposite. Really enjoyed the dom path and was looking forward to more of it but with a bit of romance. Very disappointed as soon as there was cuckqueaning.
Good to know, damn, guess now there isn't really any route left that I'm super excited about. Quite sad. Was one of the things I didn't try yet cause it seemed to be the heart of the new update, but that just completely killed the dom route & Xue as a romance option in general. On the plus side now it doesn't really matter anymore if the starting scene stays as it is.

Last edited:

Frideno

Nov 6, 2016
Good to know, damn, guess now there isn't really any route left that I'm excited about. Quite sad. Was one of the things I didn't try yet cause it seemed to be the heart of the new update, but that just completely killed the dom route & Xue as a romance option in general.
Yup, same for me. Not really interested in any other route, all for domination but not if it goes into cucking.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Yup, same for me. Not really interested in any other route, all for domination but not if it goes into cucking.
Yee and it just makes me not wanna have anything to do with that character anymore just in general, so I suppose being locked out of her content by skipping the scene with her & Selene suddenly is more a benefit, if anything.

Reactions: Solariat

Sasarko99

Jun 13, 2018
The Dom path for Xue has been nothing but disappointment so far, first blueballs when they finally were about to have sex and Xue turned all mushy, and now the cucking...

Demnor

Apr 12, 2020
Haven't started Baldur's Gate 3 yet, but restarted Divinity Original Sin 2 since I already had that in my Steam Library, and yes we do read the changelog :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Orphanus

Darkmessiah30

Jul 12, 2020
man i can't even get out of act 1 in bg3 keep have to start a new game cause the character customization mods i use keep adding new things i spend about an hour making my character look good

Nikephouros

Aug 15, 2018
So I need a walkthrough or something cause like I have a Chloe path and Xue path, the Chloe path is dope so far but at one point Ember refers to them as friends, I thought they were siblings. For the Xue path in my playthough she is cheating on MC with Lucy and there's no reasoning for it, and MC's all like "I'm not okay, but kinda okay with this" I wish I had more atonomy with this as I'm not one for NTR, it's def not my vibe and I wish there was a way to be with Xue (as I fucking love Real Futa's like Xue) and have it be just her and the MC.

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes