FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
The person who forces themselves back into the MC's life is Ashley, not Jen. Jen doesn't want the MC in her life (in fact, it is the MC that forces himself into Jen's life). He's the one who goes through all the trouble of trying to get into Jen's life, only for her to tell him to get lost.

Ashley on the other hand is someone from the MC's past, who just shows up at his apartment and starts living with him (forcing herself into his life).
The thing is... LOL...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe I've interpreted this wrong, but, after playing this 3 times, this is what I understand.

Peace :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: snakeplisskin

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Except you're not ending a relationship with Jen. The MC is not in a relationship with Jen. Jen is his ex-fling. Not his current girlfriend. She doesn't want anything to do with the MC anymore, so they lost contact for a while.

If they remove that choice, then you're just forcing Jen on the players who don't like that. It will just be something that players will complain about even more cause she is forced on them. Especially for those that don't like her, having her forced on them will just make them dislike the game even more.
She tried to keep away from him the last six months, so he couldn't see in what a mess she is. :)

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
The thing is... LOL...

Maybe I've interpreted this wrong, but, after playing this 3 times, this is what I understand.

She tried to keep away from him the last six months, so he couldn't see in what a mess she is. :)

Except neither of these things change anything. She isn't the one forcing herself back into the MC's life, Ashley is. Jen is the one pushing the MC away and not wanting him in her life, regardless of the reasons.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Once again I find myself baffled by people who play harem games to tell LIs no... Different strokes but man I do not understand starting a game with the intent of skipping parts of the story.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
Once again I find myself baffled by people who play harem games to tell LIs no... Different strokes but man I do not understand starting a game with the intent of skipping parts of the story.
You're telling me you've never skipped an LI in a game because you didn't like her for one reason or another? I think it happens quite a lot with people tbh. The problem here is that if you skip this particular LI, majority of the game is gone.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
You're telling me you've never skipped an LI in a game because you didn't like her for one reason or another? I think it happens quite a lot with people tbh. The problem here is that if you skip this particular LI, majority of the game is gone.
Nope never. It's why I gravitated towards harem games after learning the hard way that some make you choose. I've turned girls down irl, it's not fun I don't enjoy it, and in fantasy avn land they're all pretty hot and there's no repercussions for being game to roll with them all. Why would I opt out of that?

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
he is taking about skipping lis in a harem game
where the objective is to get all the girls

• Angry
Reactions: holaje12

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Different strokes for different folks is all. Just cause a game has a harem tag, doesn't mean you have to have a harem with every girl you come across.

Some characters just don't appeal to certain players. I mean, if one of the LIs was doing nothing but belittling the MC and treating him like dirt, lying to him all the time and insulting him, would you want to deal with that? Or a girl who is always cracked out on drugs or drunk 24/7, would you want that in your harem? Or one that is banging other people?

Some girls are just not worth dealing with. I'd rather have a harem of girls I actual enjoy being around. Nothing says you have to collect them all (unless of course, you have a completionist mindset lol).

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I've yet to find the first I will refuse. To be clear... in HAREM games, and HAREM game ONLY.

Except neither of these things change anything. She isn't the one forcing herself back into the MC's life, Ashley is. Jen is the one pushing the MC away and not wanting him in her life, regardless of the reasons.

Yes, she tries to be obnoxious to him, to see if he goes away... if he doesn't, things change immediately. She kinda sees that the tactic failed and all she can do know is to keep him in the dark as much as she possibly can.

That other person, is not coming back to his life. She's entering it for the first time, after she talks to his Step-Mother, Ashley's Mother.

The initial scenes of the game shows you who the Lost Love is. That's all that we know about her, so far.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Yes, she tries to be obnoxious to him, to see if he goes away... if he doesn't, things change immediately. She kinda sees that the tactic failed and all she can do know is to keep him in the dark as much as she possibly can.

That other person, is not coming back to his life. She's entering it for the first time, after she talks to his Step-Mother, Ashley's Mother.

The initial scenes of the game shows you who the Lost Love is. That's all that we know about her, so far.

That's exactly the problem with Jen that people complained about though. Again, she doesn't want the MC in her life. She only gives in if the MC keeps pushing, and even then, she is hesitant to let him in still. So instead, she starts lying to him and hiding things from him if he forces himself into her life.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Different strokes for different folks is all. Just cause a game has a harem tag, doesn't mean you have to have a harem with every girl you come across.

Some characters just don't appeal to certain players. I mean, if one of the LIs was doing nothing but belittling the MC and treating him like dirt, lying to him all the time and insulting him, would you want to deal with that? Or a girl who is always cracked out on drugs or drunk 24/7, would you want that in your harem?

Some girls are just not worth dealing with. I'd rather have a harem of girls I actual enjoy being around. Nothing says you have to collect them all (unless of course, you have a completionist mindset lol).
Since I rarely if ever play a game with Drugs in the Tags, I doubt that would happen, even so, I would probably be inclined to help her. Addiction treatment exists and it's effective. Actually, now that you made me think about it, I would very much like to play a game with that type of character, if the option exists to help her get rid of it.

Maybe I'm too old, because, when there's someone in need of assistance, I can't refuse help, even if the outcome is bad. If I didn't help, I would feel worse. Also, my own life experience of volunteering in a LGBT shelter, wouldn't let me refuse them.

You know, some games here, I would play even without any lewds. Some, I feel that the need to have lewds actually worsens the game.

vive la difference.gif

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
The person who forces themselves back into the MC's life is Ashley, not Jen. Jen doesn't want the MC in her life (in fact, it is the MC that forces himself into Jen's life). He's the one who goes through all the trouble of trying to get into Jen's life, only for her to tell him to get lost.

Ashley on the other hand is someone from the MC's past, who just shows up at his apartment and starts living with him (forcing herself into his life).
I think you've misunderstood Jen as a character, she may act like she doesn't want MC involved in her situation, but it's clear in the story that Jen does really wants him in her life and really does love him. She is just stubborn about not wanting to accept help and because she is still involved with her sister, who seems to be the person MC has some problems with, which causes her to worry about him finding out that she is still involved with her.

Now i can understand that for player the first impressions of her are bit bad, but you also have to remember that MC has basically had pretty intense relationship with her for multiple years by the time we see her first time. Which is why you need to dig up bit under the surface and pay attention to their dialogue and her inner thoughts that are shown to you in some scenes.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Since I rarely if ever play a game with Drugs in the Tags, I doubt that would happen, even so, I would probably be inclined to help her. Addiction treatment exists and it's effective. Actually, now that you made me think about it, I would very much like to play a game with that type of character, if the option exists to help her get rid of it.

Maybe I'm too old, because, when there's someone in need of assistance, I can't refuse help, even if the outcome is bad. If I didn't help, I would feel worse. Also, my own life experience of volunteering in a LGBT shelter, wouldn't let me refuse them.

You know, some games here, I would play even without any lewds. Some, I feel that the need to have lewds actually worsens the game.

View attachment 2768323
There is one game with addicted LIs that you can start helping to get better, though you are addict yourself in the game. So you have to also try and get better yourself on that route. One Day At a Time from Zoey Raven for the game info if you're interested in checking it out.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
There is one game with addicted LIs that you can start helping to get better, though you are addict yourself in the game. So you have to also try and get better yourself on that route. One Day At a Time from Zoey Raven for the game info if you're interested in checking it out.
Let's not discuss this here. It's totally not the right place. I'll go that game page.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
I wish you luck with the shallower games you'll play.

I fully admit that this one took me sometime to accept. You can read my initial reaction in this forum. You can also read how and how much my thought process evolved.

I also got VERY frustrated with seemingly overwhelming amount of secrecy everywhere you looked in this game. That reading the thoughts of everyone, only lead to extra frustration and even more secrets.

I wanted desperately that this made sense, and that the Dev provided some solace to this mounting frustration. He did.

Jen is being torn apart, as you can possibly imagine, that doesn't lead to a sunny disposition. I am aware that we as players, don't know why, but, apparently, the characters know more than us.

We are being spoon-fed information about our past with many of this people. The MC knows and feels things that we can't and don't know about, YET. The thing about Jen, is that even if they classify their relationship as friendship, their feelings for one another go MUCH deeper. We, players, know shit about it. She isn't introduced has the woman I've been trying to deny I am in love with, for the past 6 years.

So most players assume she is a new addition, when in fact their connection and their feelings run deep. Why the Dev even let us destroy his game by allowing fast shooters like you guys to end a relationship they know NOTHING about, it's something I don't understand. That choice should lead to a Game Over and deletion of all saves, it is THAT important and unreasonable.

I am not saying that this game is good or bad, or that you should play it, none of that. What I am saying is at that point in the game, we, the players, know NOTHING and have NOTHING to guide us in that decision. But, I can tell you that it IS a BAD decision to leave at that point, as it is a BAD decision to drop Jen at that point, even if it's just for her looks.

It is you prerogative to do as you please. Mine is to offer advice. My advice is, wait.

I apreciate it.
You don't need to try to convince me, there are enough interesting games. My only filter with the games is that they have to let me choose if I want a Li or not, even if the game is harem.
This game forces you to have Jen or you lose 80% of the game. As soon as you take away the possibility of choosing, you take away the fun. I understand that she can be an important character, and that she will be close to us throughout the story, but I am not willing to accept her in a relationship.
I'm not saying the story isn't interesting and it's a bad game, it's just not a game for me.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022

Some characters just don't appeal to certain players. I mean, if one of the LIs was doing nothing but belittling the MC and treating him like dirt, lying to him all the time and insulting him, would you want to deal with that? Or a girl who is always cracked out on drugs or drunk 24/7, would you want that in your harem? Or one that is banging other people?
I've never encountered that in any harem game... I've read plenty of commenters acting like that was what was happening though.

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes