NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
I literally got to that first hospital scene with Jennifer and I don't want to have anything to do with her so I started reading the thread and people say that she's THE main Li and like 3/4 of the game so is this even worth playing if you're not into her?
I kinda want to know aswell. Can someone answer that?

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I kinda want to know aswell. Can someone answer that?
It mostly depends on WHY you dislike her.

If it is a matter of looks... Well, that isn't gonna change, so, I can't help you.

If it is about how she reacted and what her thoughts were... well, let's say that some of that is her personality, but, most of it is a situation that is still unexplained that is forcing her to act like this. Except for the Dev, I don't think anyone knows how and why it is going to be in the future.

What becomes obvious later is that she's under pressure (by whom hasn't been made clear) and her relationship with the MC is being strained by that pressure. The Dev passes some of that pressure onto us, by keeping secrets while making us aware that those secrets exist. It is a plot artifice.

So, I wouldn't be so fast to judge and wait for a more complete picture after some of these veils are lifted.

I have to confess that my initial reaction was similar to yours, I made posts here in the thread being candid about what I felt. The Dev intervened, explained what he could and promised some relief on the next release.

It is true that Jen is a BIG part of this game, so, maybe give the Dev a chance to show what she actually is? Summary execution is akin to premature ejaculation, I think.

Peace :)

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
It mostly depends on WHY you dislike her.

If it is a matter of looks... Well, that isn't gonna change, so, I can't help you.

If it is about how she reacted and what her thoughts were... well, let's say that some of that is her personality, but, most of it is a situation that is still unexplained that is forcing her to act like this. Except for the Dev, I don't think anyone knows how and why it is going to be in the future.

What becomes obvious later is that she's under pressure (by whom hasn't been made clear) and her relationship with the MC is being strained by that pressure. The Dev passes some of that pressure onto us, by keeping secrets while making us aware that those secrets exist. It is a plot artifice.

So, I wouldn't be so fast to judge and wait for a more complete picture after some of these veils are lifted.

I have to confess that my initial reaction was similar to yours, I made posts here in the thread being candid about what I felt. The Dev intervened, explained what he could and promised some relief on the next release.

It is true that Jen is a BIG part of this game, so, maybe give the Dev a chance to show what she actually is? Summary execution is akin to premature ejaculation, I think.

I think you misunderstood, I don't really care about that anymore. She has a terrible first impression and is just being a bitch and I don't care why. Like literally first time seeing her and she's acting like that, why would I want to see her again? I don't have any ties to her because again, this is the first time seeing her so it is what it is.

What I meant is that if majority of the game revolves around her, does it mean that if I reject her, I'll just be playing small incomplete part of the game?

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I think you misunderstood, I don't really care about that anymore. She has a terrible first impression and is just being a bitch and I don't care why. Like literally first time seeing her and she's acting like that, why would I want to see her again? I don't have any ties to her because again, this is the first time seeing her so it is what it is.

What I meant is that if majority of the game revolves around her, does it mean that if I reject her, I'll just be playing small incomplete part of the game?
Yes! You killed the biggest part of the game. Not that I don't understand, it just feels excessive and rushed. After all, everyone's allowed to have bad days. Also, it's a bit weird to think that everyone's role is to be pleasant to you.

Good luck.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
What seems rushed to me is the option of taking her with you or leaving her there. I wish I could help her but I don't want her like Li. In my case, she doesn't seem attractive to me, nor do I like her character.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
It would be very boring if we all thought alike.
But losing 1/3 of the story because of a decision with a character you barely know seems exaggerated to me, let me take her home and some time later you ask me if you want a relationship with her. Now she is either black or white. there is no middle ground.
1/3? No, buddy, you lost 3/4 of the content. You basically killed your game with one decision.

Go You, I guess!

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
No problem. I tried it as I would play it, it's not worth it like that, there are more games.
I wish you luck with the shallower games you'll play.

I fully admit that this one took me sometime to accept. You can read my initial reaction in this forum. You can also read how and how much my thought process evolved.

I also got VERY frustrated with seemingly overwhelming amount of secrecy everywhere you looked in this game. That reading the thoughts of everyone, only lead to extra frustration and even more secrets.

I wanted desperately that this made sense, and that the Dev provided some solace to this mounting frustration. He did.

Jen is being torn apart, as you can possibly imagine, that doesn't lead to a sunny disposition. I am aware that we as players, don't know why, but, apparently, the characters know more than us.

We are being spoon-fed information about our past with many of this people. The MC knows and feels things that we can't and don't know about, YET. The thing about Jen, is that even if they classify their relationship as friendship, their feelings for one another go MUCH deeper. We, players, know shit about it. She isn't introduced has the woman I've been trying to deny I am in love with, for the past 6 years.

So most players assume she is a new addition, when in fact their connection and their feelings run deep. Why the Dev even let us destroy his game by allowing fast shooters like you guys to end a relationship they know NOTHING about, it's something I don't understand. That choice should lead to a Game Over and deletion of all saves, it is THAT important and unreasonable.

I am not saying that this game is good or bad, or that you should play it, none of that. What I am saying is at that point in the game, we, the players, know NOTHING and have NOTHING to guide us in that decision. But, I can tell you that it IS a BAD decision to leave at that point, as it is a BAD decision to drop Jen at that point, even if it's just for her looks.

It is you prerogative to do as you please. Mine is to offer advice. My advice is, wait.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I wish you luck with the shallower games you'll play.

I fully admit that this one took me sometime to accept. You can read my initial reaction in this forum. You can also read how and how much my thought process evolved.

I also got VERY frustrated with seemingly overwhelming amount of secrecy everywhere you looked in this game. That reading the thoughts of everyone, only lead to extra frustration and even more secrets.

I wanted desperately that this made sense, and that the Dev provided some solace to this mounting frustration. He did.

Jen is being torn apart, as you can possibly imagine, that doesn't lead to a sunny disposition. I am aware that we as players, don't know why, but, apparently, the characters know more than us.

We are being spoon-fed information about our past with many of this people. The MC knows and feels things that we can't and don't know about, YET. The thing about Jen, is that even if they classify their relationship as friendship, their feelings for one another go MUCH deeper. We, players, know shit about it. She isn't introduced has the woman I've been trying to deny I am in love with, for the past 6 years.

So most players assume she is a new addition, when in fact their connection and their feelings run deep. Why the Dev even let us destroy his game by allowing fast shooters like you guys to end a relationship they know NOTHING about, it's something I don't understand. That choice should lead to a Game Over and deletion of all saves, it is THAT important and unreasonable.

I am not saying that this game is good or bad, or that you should play it, none of that. What I am saying is at that point in the game, we, the players, know NOTHING and have NOTHING to guide us in that decision. But, I can tell you that it IS a BAD decision to leave at that point, as it is a BAD decision to drop Jen at that point, even if it's just for her looks.

It is you prerogative to do as you please. Mine is to offer advice. My advice is, wait.

The problem you are not getting, is the game is not called Jen's Story. It's called, The Lost Love. There are multiple LIs in this game, and if you refuse one, you lose 80% of the game's content. That shouldn't happen.

The game shouldn't revolve around one LI, and if you refuse her, you basically lose out on 80% of the game. If this game was called Jen's Story, or The Story of Jen, or The Lost Love That Is Jen, then that would make sense.

But it's not.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
The problem you are not getting, is the game is not called Jen's Story. It's called, The Lost Love. There are multiple LIs in this game, and if you refuse one, you lose 80% of the game's content. That shouldn't happen.

The game shouldn't revolve around one LI, and if you refuse her, you basically lose out on 80% of the game. If this game was called Jen's Story, or The Story of Jen, or The Lost Love That Is Jen, then that would make sense.

But it's not.
On that we both agree.

That option to leave the room and end the relationship with Jen, is completely unnecessary. The players don't have any info on which to base their decision. It's consequences are TOO severe. It creates an unfair onus on the players.

Unless... that is it's exact intention. Remove the fast triggers from the game. Other than that I fail to see the point for that choice.

The consequence and the information prior to the decision are completely unbalanced. The question isn't if the decision is this or that. Is why the decision exists in the first place. If there's so much of the game tied to one character, why give players the choice to drop that character without ANY information? To punish them? What for? For not having enough info?

However I try to pick the reason this decision is in the game, I come up with nothing. Other than as a punishment for too fast to judge players, I see no other reason.

Knowing that the players of these games shoot first and don't even bother thinking later, it doesn't make sense.

--------------------------------------------------

The game revolves around one LI. We players, don't know why, YET. What I do know, is that every time, in any game, we reject a LI, we lose part of the game. In this case, it's completely disproportionate. So, what my reasoning tells me, is that it must be for a damned good reason. We simple don't know YET. I believe we are several releases away from knowing. At this pace, maybe a few years. I hope to live to see it.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
On that we both agree.

That option to leave the room and end the relationship with Jen, is completely unnecessary. The players don't have any info on which to base their decision. It's consequences are TOO severe. It creates an unfair onus on the players.

Unless... that is it's exact intention. Remove the fast triggers from the game. Other than that I fail to see the point for that choice.

The consequence and the information prior to the decision are completely unbalanced. The question isn't if the decision is this or that. Is why the decision exists in the first place. If there's so much of the game tied to one character, why give players the choice to drop that character without ANY information? To punish them? What for? For not having enough info?

However I try to pick the reason this decision is in the game, I come up with nothing. Other than as a punishment for too fast to judge players, I see no other reason.

Knowing that the players of these games shoot first and don't even bother thinking later, it doesn't make sense.

The game revolves around one LI. We players, don't know why, YET. What I do know, is that every time, in any game, we reject a LI, we lose part of the game. In this case, it's completely disproportionate. So, what my reasoning tells me, is that it must be for a damned good reason. We simple don't know YET. I believe we are several releases away from knowing. At this pace, maybe a few years. I hope to live to see it.

I kindly always took it as this, eh, just reason for me: But one day, someone from your past forces themself back into your life.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I kindly always took it as this, eh, just reason for me: But one day, someone from your past forces themself back into your life.
The person who forces themselves back into the MC's life is Ashley, not Jen. Jen doesn't want the MC in her life (in fact, it is the MC that forces himself into Jen's life). He's the one who goes through all the trouble of trying to get into Jen's life, only for her to tell him to get lost.

Ashley on the other hand is someone from the MC's past, who just shows up at his apartment and starts living with him (forcing herself into his life).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FatGiant

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The person who forces themselves back into the MC's life is Ashley, not Jen. Jen doesn't want the MC in her life (in fact, it is the MC that forces himself into Jen's life). He's the one who goes through all the trouble of trying to get into Jen's life, only for her to tell him to get lost.

Ashley on the other hand is someone from the MC's past, who just shows up at his apartment and starts living with him (forcing herself into his life).
Hmm, I must have the names switched around, as I thought that was her, but then again, it's been 7 plus months since I've played.

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022

so don't play the game now ??
wait for chp 4 and 5 and then download and check if u still like jen or not ??

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Hmm, I must have the names switched around, as I thought that was her, but then again, it's been 7 plus months since I've played.
Ashley (the "sister" who MC hasn't seen in years that comes back into his life):

Jen (the bartender who he sees again at the hospital and tells him to leave):

Just taken from the OP.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Ashley (the "sister" who MC hasn't seen in years that comes back into his life):

Jen (the bartender who he sees again at the hospital and tells him to leave):

Just taken from the OP.
Yeah, for someone reason I thought "Jen was the sister" aka the fit goddess that forced her way into his life/apartment, etc. Just had names mixed up.

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
I stopped playing this because of Jen too. The fact that she's so unlikeable and if you refuse her, you're left with like a quarter of the game is a bit weird. If she's that big part of the game, it doesn't really make sense to have an option to refuse her I think. Because people that do are left with almost nothing. I still wouldn't play because I really don't like her but I think that some people would just power through if there wasn't a choice and and considering her role in the game, I think it would make more sense.

Last edited:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
On that we both agree.

Except you're not ending a relationship with Jen. The MC is not in a relationship with Jen. Jen is his ex-fling. Not his current girlfriend. She doesn't want anything to do with the MC anymore, so they lost contact for a while.

If they remove that choice, then you're just forcing Jen on the players who don't like that. It will just be something that players will complain about even more cause she is forced on them. Especially for those that don't like her, having her forced on them will just make them dislike the game even more.

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes