VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
OK, Thanks. So reading prior posts, would it be better to just wait for a bit for more content?
I haven't played much of it but from what I can tell it has quite a lot of content, or at least will have next week'ish.

This is the first few days and I think the full first week is being released soon.

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
I remember when game was called "The Manifest" then "Shadows Over Manston" & now its "Shadows Over Manston Retold".
So is this Dev's 3rd attempt at the same game? The game if i recall correctly actually had a decent premise & pretty good scenes but this time i'll wait for next 3-4 versions to make sure its not abandoned again.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I remember when game was called "The Manifest" then "Shadows Over Manston" & now its "Shadows Over Manston Retold".
So is this Dev's 3rd attempt at the same game? The game if i recall correctly actually had a decent premise & pretty good scenes but this time i'll wait for next 3-4 versions to make sure its not abandoned again.
The game was never abandoned. White Phantom put it on hold because it became huge, with way too many paths to manage well. He started Defending Lydia Collier in the mean time but always intended to come back to this and fix it. This is his first run at correcting many of the problems, making (hopefully) a more focused story. But he put this on hold; this was never abandoned. Presumably, going forward, he'll toggle between the two games, although I personally haven't read anything specific about those types of plans.

mhp12

Mar 7, 2018
Hello white phantom developer would you do an update for linux? Cheers also his two games that he has in development are excellent

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Does anyone have a walkthrough for the game? The link in the OP doesn't work anymore.

Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
*SMASHES the download button* Glad to see this is back. I have no problem with a rework of the previous version. Even though I loved it, it was a bit of mess, so refocusing the story isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm just happy the dev decided to revisit this much sooner than I expected.

Reactions: fugazi666

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
so..basically..you can streamline it greatly by only seeing what the MC is a participant in or you can see the unfolding events surrounding the case to come..flirting with the doc is gone...
Jessica in the coma is not your GF...your wife is now your fiance..which will life a lot easier if ya wanna dump her and take with her skinny hot daughter :p because getting a divorce..to boink her skinny hot daughter is a huge hassle..so thats a yay...so..two dames are removed from the equation..simplifying things more...i liked Jessica..but the story was a mess..so ya..it had to go..i predict the account gal from the coffee shop meeting and the mechanic who tunes your new car will be gone also..and probably the girls you flirt at the party outside of GingerSlut...whats important to me personally is..Penelope and Jane and McKenna are still there..is McKenna still on the table though?..i hope so..she's my smouldering raven haired beauty..so LI :D
the end result is..7-8 dame saves are now down to 3-4

Lycan Huntz4Oppai

The Voyeur Wolf
Donor
May 31, 2017
People need to remember why the dev placed this game on hold in the first place. The original game was getting too huge/convoluted with different branching paths to manage/keep track of. He made it known that he realized his problem and was going to rework it. Cut content is inevitable since he is taking out some of the paths that is really not important to the story. Honestly, some of the girls didn't need their on path to reach their content but rather sharing paths with some of the main girls.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I dont get the point where people ask about the amount of contents in a game where there are only a couple of versions available. I mean, everyone knows the fact that the first version will be all about the introduction and that kind of stuff of the games and the next version will be a small build up to the story.
-- snip --

Changed my mind about this post. As you were.

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
Hm... sad to hear if some of the femmes will be cut out of this game! I liked the story and the variety to choose from! :cry:
This one is original enough to set it apart from many of the other games/vns featured on this site.
One of my favourite parts is what transpires in the diner, so I am hoping that the diner lady will still be included! :cool:

I noticed one thing in the changelog:
-You can play the game with only the viewpoint of the Player Character enabled, you will see the game solely through their eyes and any story points or outside knowledge will need to be found in-game
I freakin' love that! :love: I can just immerse myself in the role of the mc in this story instead of switching viewpoints or listening to what other characters think. That is a brilliant move, thanks for that!

Reactions: McWoodz

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
I didn't the played "retold" yet, but you still an asshole who cheats on your first girl with some pregnant girl then marry her just so you can cheat on her with the first girl again? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(and that is just the background, cause besides this you could fuck/flirt with pretty much any girl you chose)
This was the thing that bothered me the most from before as well. The level of "cheatception" was crazy lol. In fact, the MC also made the sister of the wife pregnant and all these choices are things that happened in the past so player has no control :eek:

Edit:
Going by ThunderRob 's post seems like some of those aspects have been thankfully removed/toned down.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I got mixed feelings about this. I love the game, I'm glad it's coming back...

Here is the thing though:

1) It's a great improvement to not have the 3rd party nonsense, nobody really cared about that shit.
2) Story-wise it's nicer to trim it down a bit to cut complexity so the focus can be maintained on key characters. Fiance now not wife...
3) Added caramel to the Ginger Grande Latte... Also, no whore stuff with the waitress... I was always looking forward to that one... oh well.
4) Why release it at this point with no actual new content, actually less than before after so long too?
5) No pregnant wife's sister already? I guess...

I'm happy about the changes overalll, but unhnappy that it's released at such low level of content compared to before. Hopefully in the retelling it will make a difference which girls drink you druug to choose who to fuck around with.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes