VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
This is exactly what's wrong with many members of the Patreon community.
You don't give them money and say, hey, doggie, jump! That's not how being a patron works.
Ideally, you give money, and TRUST the artist to do what they'd like based on what you've seen before. Now, at any point 2 things can happen. One, the patron decides to or can no longer afford to support the artist. Two, the artist changes direction in their art. One does not begat the other. Two should happen independently of One, and vica versa.
Giving money on Patreon should be akin to giving a present to a kid. Maybe it will get appreciated, maybe it will get broken on day one, maybe it will be their favorite toy. You give the gift KNOWING that it could be a waste, but you are going to give anyway.
On a more persoanal note... Punish them?? On behalf of all artists, everywhere:
Fuck you, buddy, get off any site where art is given away for free. You effing male version of a Karen.
Wow okay Ayhsel I think I was the whole problem.

Buddy it was a joke, it obviously isn't clear enough even if you have read the post I'm replying to... (I'll edit it to be more explicit)... I agree with what you say apart from the insults at the end, no hard feelings, though I'm not sure who Karen is... don't know if it's a sick burn or not
EDIT: Think I got the Karen things, just a generic annoying Karen?

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Short and sweet... I really love this game...

With the possibility if this getting abandoned, I'm happy with every update we get.

Hannah is the best!!

(Penelope a close second)

Aug 17, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for v2.2 Compressed :

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Last edited:

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
so long since i played it and had to restart again, no idea what was new.....
oh well, maybe these new saves will work with next update

FrankFurters

May 13, 2018
Short and sweet... I really love this game...

With the possibility if this getting abandoned, I'm happy with every update we get.

Hannah is the best!!

(Penelope a close second)
What did you think of the Penelope revamp? I thought it was really well done.

My favorite character in the initial builds was Natalia and I'm much less of a fan of her changes and a bit disappointed. Amelia was the only character left (she's super cartoony) who I'd have thought needed modified. It's the risk and reward of a dev learning and changing as he goes I guess. What was your take on that change?

Hopefully Hannah isn't in for a major refresh.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
What did you think of the Penelope revamp? I thought it was really well done.

My favorite character in the initial builds was Natalia and I'm much less of a fan of her changes and a bit disappointed. Amelia was the only character left (she's super cartoony) who I'd have thought needed modified. It's the risk and reward of a dev learning and changing as he goes I guess. What was your take on that change?

Hopefully Hannah isn't in for a major refresh.
I liked the new look for Penelope, she looks good with that hair. I'm mostly a Mercedes fan but also like Hannah. Of the older ladies I am going to say McKenna. Hard to pick a favorite cuz all of them are good looking

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I thought the MC was married to Jane in the previous versions. I'd forgotten about her sister :LOL: I can't remember if we'd have a seen with her in the previous versions either I'm sure we did. Nice to see this updated again I hope we'll see more of this I especially look forward to having Jessica wake up.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Game Compressor
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
I thought the MC was married to Jane in the previous versions. I'd forgotten about her sister :LOL: I can't remember if we'd have a seen with her in the previous versions either I'm sure we did. Nice to see this updated again I hope we'll see more of this I especially look forward to having Jessica wake up.
I really don't man, i've come to like Jane quite a lot and i don't know how MC might solve that situation

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I love this game. There is just so much to enjoy. There are a lot of great characters and I love the conflict between them. Of course, the whole underlying plot is quite interesting. Moreover, I love that MC is not just another super nice guy everybody wants to fuck. He was kind of a douchebag.

For me now is Penelope>Hannah=Mercedes>>>>>>>>The others.

The big pity is that Chantelle is not a Love Interes. I really really like her too. Way more interesting than the mother, which IS a LI.

On the topic of Penelope's path: there is just no way I would have been able to stop before cumming during her sex scene. I would have invented some excuse for Jane. No matter how angry she would become, Penelope is worth every problem. Now, I cannot wait to finally creampie her.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The language is a bit confused too. Sometimes the MC talks about his wife and sometimes it's his fiancee. In addition she is addressed as Mrs MC's lastname at one point (or gives her name that way). And finally they already have a joint checking account so either they combined assets early on or they are married?

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
The MC was married to 'Jane' in previous versions.

However I figured it would be much harder if you didn't like Jane to get divorced than it would to call off an engagement.

I've tried to avoid glaring "I'm from the UK but this is based in the US differences" where possible (although some still occur) and I'm sure if I handled a divorce I'd revert to what I know of it from UK law which would be wrong in the US, so calling off an engagement is easier.

I'll have a read through the script and tweak any bits I've missed and give her, her own surname.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The MC was married to 'Jane' in previous versions.

However I figured it would be much harder if you didn't like Jane to get divorced than it would to call off an engagement.

I've tried to avoid glaring "I'm from the UK but this is based in the US differences" where possible (although some still occur) and I'm sure if I handled a divorce I'd revert to what I know of it from UK law which would be wrong in the US, so calling off an engagement is easier.

I'll have a read through the script and tweak any bits I've missed and give her, her own surname.
Well I thought that made sense, actually, but the other way around. Like: even if he hates her, he will not just leave right now cause they are married. Maybe?

Cause I would have called off the engagement right now and taken Penelope to live with me the minute I got out of the hospital. But if they are married, things are bit harder to break apart, right?

I mean, both alternatives are fine, just depends on what you want to justify MC doing in my opinion: living together beside hating each other, or MC breaking it off to live on his own easily.

Last edited:

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Well I thought that made sense, actually, but the other way around. Like: even if he hates her, he will not just leave right now cause they are married, justifying why he just won't leave the house. Maybe?

Cause I would have called off the engagement right now and taken Penelope to live with me the minute I got out of the hospital. But if they are married, things are bit harder to break down, right?

I mean, both alternatives are fine, just depends on what you want to justify MC doing in my opinion: living together beside hating each other, or MC breaking it off to live on his own easily.
I've now planned 4 main paths for the MC and Jane and one of the paths really requires them not being married. It would definitely mean a reason to keep them together, but it also gives a lot more power to Jane which I don't want.

If you were married, I think there is a lot Jane could do to get the MC arrested/fired depending what he did and stop a divorce.
For example, if she hated you and you went off with Penelope, if she called the Police and lied and said the MC had been sexually involved with Penelope from when she was very young and she'd been groomed and the MC had threatened to kill her if she told, it would destroy the MC's reputation and likely cost him his job even if not proven or he was acquitted. Same with his drug money, dating Mercedes when there is to a very small degree a teacher/student dynamic etc.

I didn't want to open up all of these as they'd be in court for the divorce where some of these things like money would certainly be brought up, whereas she'd have to directly go and involve previously uninvolved authorities with the end of an engagement which means I can see it being more realistic leaving a 'Wife Blackmailing MC' path out, especially as it is a path I don't really have an interest in making.

It is quite important for one of the wife's paths for them to be unmarried too

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I've now planned 4 main paths for the MC and Jane and one of the paths really requires them not being married. It would definitely mean a reason to keep them together, but it also gives a lot more power to Jane which I don't want.

If you were married, I think there is a lot Jane could do to get the MC arrested/fired depending what he did and stop a divorce.
For example, if she hated you and you went off with Penelope, if she called the Police and lied and said the MC had been sexually involved with Penelope from when she was very young and she'd been groomed and the MC had threatened to kill her if she told, it would destroy the MC's reputation and likely cost him his job even if not proven or he was acquitted. Same with his drug money, dating Mercedes when there is to a very small degree a teacher/student dynamic etc.

I didn't want to open up all of these as they'd be in court for the divorce where some of these things like money would certainly be brought up, whereas she'd have to directly go and involve previously uninvolved authorities with the end of an engagement which means I can see it being more realistic leaving a 'Wife Blackmailing MC' path out, especially as it is a path I don't really have an interest in making.

It is quite important for one of the wife's paths for them to be unmarried too

That is totally great too. Although, I cannot deny that all you have said sounds amazing from the point of view of potential conflicts MC could have, so you may want to keep those idea in mind for another novel!

For example, none of the novels I've read touched the legal aspect of MC having sex with a girl that grew up with him. It would nice to see those elements.

Aug 7, 2018
Is Tanya still unavoidable? She introduced the two factors I most strongly disliked about the game (MC being a cheating scumbag**, invalidating many of our choices on how to play out his character. And unavoidable blackmail, or the insinuation thereof, which is a huge turn-off).

I get why she hasn't been cut: preggo lovers likely enjoy her ( despite her being a cheating, blackmailing bitch) because she's the one character most strongly catering to that kink. Wouldn't want to take that away from anyone, but an option to skip her would be appreciated.

With the rework being such a chance to fix old mistakes, I was baffled Tanya's intro played out exactly as it did before.

** I mean, he's not exactly a good guy either way, but there's "flawed" and there's "irredeemable gutter trash". IIRC the extended Jessica flashback is avoidable now if you don't visit Jessica in the hospital, which is one of the big "MC is a huge asshole" vectors. The other is Tanya.

Last edited:
Reactions: B-52reloaded
4.20 star(s) 37 Votes