VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Are the group sex and lesbian parts avoidable?
Yes, you can avoid all of them from the MC's perspective based on the choices you make.

However, you will need to also choose to skip scenes which do not involve the player at the beginning as well or you'll see lesbian scenes involving one of the antagonists.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Yes, you can avoid all of them from the MC's perspective based on the choices you make.

However, you will need to also choose to skip scenes which do not involve the player at the beginning as well or you'll see lesbian scenes involving one of the antagonists.
That sucks, not into seeing sex that doesn't involve my character.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
That sucks, not into seeing sex that doesn't involve my character.
Well you don't have to see them, there's an option to not see any of the scenes without your character so I'm saying to pick that?

Just at the start of the game when you're asked if you want them on or off, turn them off and you'll see the entire game from the MC's eyes only.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Well you don't have to see them, there's an option to not see any of the scenes without your character so I'm saying to pick that?

Just at the start of the game when you're asked if you want them on or off, turn them off and you'll see the entire game from the MC's eyes only.
Okies, misunderstood what you said. Thought you meant I would need to mash spacebar when you mentioned skipping the scenes.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Okies, misunderstood what you said. Thought you meant I would need to mash spacebar when you mentioned skipping the scenes.
Ah I see. There's a choice at the beginning that means they just won't appear at all for the entire game if you choose not to see them then :)

Reactions: cakeny

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
How do i install the walkthrough mod on mac?
Im not sure but maybe try this.
Unzip the mod -> Right-click your "(name of game)" app -> Click "Show Package Contents" -> Open the "Contents" then "Resources" folders -> Hold the Option key and drag the folder named "game" from the mod to the "autorun" folder -> Click merge

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
OK, I've gone through this several times using the mod and the written walkthrough and all I can say is damn. the hurdles you have to go through to be with Penelope are ridiculous. I still haven't managed to get her done, (though I figure I just need to be a total asshole and give up on Hannah and the wife as best I can). I'm mainly in it for Hannah path anyway, so I'll just keep that save and wait. I really wish I could see the girls relationship points and achievements in game so I could keep track of where I'm at.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
OK, I've gone through this several times using the mod and the written walkthrough and all I can say is damn. the hurdles you have to go through to be with Penelope are ridiculous. I still haven't managed to get her done, (though I figure I just need to be a total asshole and give up on Hannah and the wife as best I can). I'm mainly in it for Hannah path anyway, so I'll just keep that save and wait. I really wish I could see the girls relationship points and achievements in game so I could keep track of where I'm at.
Not quite. I was a nice guy to both and I still fucked Penelope. Key is rejection Mercedes, though. You cannot have Mercedes and Penelope, as far as I know.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Thanks! I'll try that completely. It just looks like getting the required points is rough for the change booth scene. The way I was reading it looked like I had to intervene on Pen's being spanked.

yolochase69

Jan 12, 2018
I always include Windows, Linux and Mac versions whenever I update my games.
You can get them if they're missing as this update is now public
Would you mind updating page 1 so others don't waste time and bandwidth downloading a file from there labeled Win/Linux only to discover it is Win only and then having to spend another hour to download the right one?

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Would you mind updating page 1 so others don't waste time and bandwidth downloading a file from there labeled Win/Linux only to discover it is Win only and then having to spend another hour to download the right one?
I don't control this thread and can't make any changes to it unfortunately, I've requested it to be changed though and sent the Linux only link so hopefully it will be updated when the mods have a spare minute.

Hey Whitephantom any news?
Next update from me is for Defending Lydia Collier and you can find update progress/dev logs on that on the f95 game thread in my signature or on my website.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
First time checking this out, and the game seemed pretty interesting at first. The whole criminal takeover thing and being an officer/detective stuff is fun for me. The story had a nice idea that I was looking forward to.

What ruined it for me though was the relationship stuff. I don't mind starting out with a wife, that was fine. Usually when a game does that, I try to play the path of the faithful husband and avoid any temptation/sexual content with other girls. I find it fun to try not cheating and stay faithful (of course later I'll try different paths, but I prefer the faithful path from the start).

But then I come to find out, oh by the way, I'm already a cheating jerk before I even got to try being faithful. Apparently my backstory says I've been sleeping around with Jessica all this time. Oh and even better, I've been sleeping with my wife's sister. And to top that off, I got her pregnant. I mean, seriously? Just ruined the entire purpose of having a faithful path with the wife and I had no choice in the matter.

Sorry but that kind of stuff just really bugs me. I dislike when you're forced into stuff like that, completely negating any chance you had of playing a certain path. I enjoyed the story part of the game, but that other stuff just ruined it for me. Best of luck though on your game. Maybe in the future that kind of thing could be optional, so a true faithful path could happen. Otherwise, I don't think this is the game for me.

Reactions: Machete and cakeny
4.20 star(s) 37 Votes