• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm kinda upset that I can't have a relationship with Penelope and Mercedes. I got a high opinion with Penelope and got the BJ but I also got Mercedes pregnant at the beach so it seems like that overrides everything and I didn't get the sex scene with Penelope. I have a good relationship with all the characters even the wife, but I feel like the game is designed in a way that we can choose which characters we like and which ones we don't but in reality it is very linear. And what happened to the wife's sister, why did she just disappear. The dick pick scene made it seem like it was time to pick a girl but I picked Penelope and still nothing. I think a threesome with Penelope and Mercedes is my preferred end goal. Liked the game but not the latest update.
Well, this game was never really meant to be a complete harem or anything. From the very start, Penelope and Mercedes hate each other, so I'm not sure how having both of them could ever work out for the MC. Also, this game used to have a lot more paths, but things become unmanageable, so it was trimmed a bit to a few different foci, probably based on fan favorites via a Patreon poll or something. There are definitely some pretty specific choices needed to be on a particular girl's path, but based on her personality, I would expect anything involving anyone else would immediately make Penelope reject you. The only possible except I could see is maybe Hannah, though I'm still not too sure about that.

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
This is RIGGED... I want a RECOUNT... :p
Seriously though, the voting will be skewed to DLC due to the fact that only $10+ patrons can vote. Anyone willing to pay 10+ monthly will more likely vote for the game the dev is currently working on. Why else sub? So in that sense it's very surprising despite the structural bias that SoM still has nearly 50% support. My read of that is that SoM could garner even more patrons than DLC. I think a Mr. Dots like 2 month 1 month rotation of the two games would be have the widest appeal and maximize the patron numbers. Obviously DLC-only patrons won't like the idea.

But, I'm saying this in the interest of White Phantom

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I hadn't played this in a long while. Probably back in the early days of the game. Then I just forgot about it, but found it again while looking for some games to play. Now I remember why I stopped playing before. The main LI I want the MC to be with is Jessica and she is still in a coma and I unfortunately looking like she may not be a planned LI... though there may be some time to go and that could change. I find it hard to choose the options... the one I like the least is the fiancée lol

May 4, 2019
I tried to follow the walkthrough but the wife is only angry she never become a cuckquean. I am pretty sure I select the right choice at D5

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I tried to follow the walkthrough but the wife is only angry she never become a cuckquean. I am pretty sure I select the right choice at D5
I need to retry this one, I quit when I was having issues following the walk through myself. I was hoping it got better... cause I do enjoy the vn

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
What happened to this game? It was so good when I first played it nearly 2 years ago. I came back to play the new stuff and everything that was good got left behind. So much wasted time and resources on a bitchy fiancé/wife and rainbow six cut scenes. One of the few games that really let you go after some cute school girls. But that got abandoned for some reason. And for the love of all that is holy....why introduce your wife's pregnant sister who wants to fuck your brains out and then provide no content with her and sending her out of the picture? It boggles my mind. It's like the developer said....'hmmmm lets do everything I can to disappoint the player of this game'. Because pointless shopping with your wife and sniper cut scenes are so much more fun. I can only imagine what the game would have been like if they actually spent that time on the 'adult' part of the game and developing those fun/kinky relationships that they introduces early on in the game.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
What happened to this game? It was so good when I first played it nearly 2 years ago. I came back to play the new stuff and everything that was good got left behind. So much wasted time and resources on a bitchy fiancé/wife and rainbow six cut scenes. One of the few games that really let you go after some cute school girls. But that got abandoned for some reason. And for the love of all that is holy....why introduce your wife's pregnant sister who wants to fuck your brains out and then provide no content with her and sending her out of the picture? It boggles my mind. It's like the developer said....'hmmmm lets do everything I can to disappoint the player of this game'. Because pointless shopping with your wife and sniper cut scenes are so much more fun. I can only imagine what the game would have been like if they actually spent that time on the 'adult' part of the game and developing those fun/kinky relationships that they introduces early on in the game.
I think the developer uses some constraining logic to limit the adult content in a playthrough. For example, if you send the dick pic to Hannah, you won't buy BDSM stuff with your wife fiancee, you won't leave her tied up in your bed for half an hour to have a quickie with Penny, then you two won't have sex in the morning etc. It' kinda forces you to "have replayability" / to replay different choices to experience all the contents, and that is a poor choice IMHO. I prefer to perceive the story as a whole, in one playthrough, as a slice of life, rather than as pieces of entertainment in formal wrappings of torn-apart scenes.

Secondly, as a player you don't know much about the game's inner logic, so you would need to analyze the code or to use some intricate walkthrough to get the contents. That is another poor choice IMHO, ruining the immersion.

Reactions: mgtoons

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I think the developer uses some constraining logic to limit the adult content in a playthrough. For example, if you send the dick pic to Hannah, you won't buy BDSM stuff with your wife fiancee, you won't leave her tied up in your bed for half an hour to have a quickie with Penny, then you two won't have sex in the morning etc. It' kinda forces you to "have replayability" / to replay different choices to experience all the contents, and that is a poor choice IMHO. I prefer to perceive the story as a whole, in one playthrough, as a slice of life, rather than as pieces of entertainment in formal wrappings of torn-apart scenes.

Secondly, as a player you don't know much about the game's inner logic, so you would need to analyze the code or to use some intricate walkthrough to get the contents. That is another poor choice IMHO, ruining the immersion.
Agree with you. Sometimes this works, but there are definitely times where it doesn't.
Though I have to say, the only LI I don't want to be with is the fiancee, and the one I probably want to be with the most... may never happen. So that makes things even tougher lol

Reactions: m0us3r and mgtoons

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Agree with you. Sometimes this works, but there are definitely times where it doesn't.
Though I have to say, the only LI I don't want to be with is the fiancee, and the one I probably want to be with the most... may never happen. So that makes things even tougher lol
Oh yes, I hear you... :cry:

It would be better if players could mostly just choose, to do or not to do those activities, for each possible partner. Rather than letting some shamanic mystical logic define it. For instance, if I want sex with Penny in the morning, why can't I just choose that, instead of arranging that by something like sending the dick pic to Jane the previous day (or whatever was required)? Those cryptic connections between actions and consequences make players miss the content they want.

yolochase69

Jan 12, 2018
Even with the walkthrough, I found it very difficult to figure out the intricate paths needed to get some of the scenes. In fact the walkthrough may actually muddy the water in some areas. For example,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Honestly, I don't think this is the fault of the game, I think it's the intention. It's an issue only because the walkthrough isn't able to clarify which points are good and bad for what because the game is unfinished and we don't know that through to the end yet, so you have to analyze the heck out of the walkthrough to figure what's needed to get to scene you are trying to get.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: m0us3r

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
The Dev is working on his other game (see Page 1) which is up to a .9. Hopefully after it reaches v1 they will return to this, which I think is a very underrated game and has twice as many pages of comments as the other game. despite it's lower rating.
It's hard to call it underrated with both games at 4.5 stars. :p

I think it deserves some criticism, see e.g. my postings here, but I never said it's a bad or low quality game. It's pretty good.

4.5 stars is an adequate rating here.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Forgive my laziness but I'm curious if you can have sex with the pregnant fiances sister at all or is it just flirting still? Been a while since I played. Tia

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018

i believe the previous poster was referring to the rework which completely eliminated girls as potential love interests. Cut a few girls right out of the game, and eliminated a bunch of the branching paths that were available. The game now is pretty different from what was here when the game was originally being released.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes