VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Lolph Dundlen

Sep 19, 2020
Emmm.... the website... so why abandoned? on hold i get it, but why abandoned?

View attachment 1248467
The website says nothing about 'The Manifest' still being in development, and hasn't said anything about it in over six months, just like the Patreon. There isn't even a statement from the Dev saying that The Manifest is on hold! Maybe he goes back to it, but there is currently nothing indicating that he will.

Lolph Dundlen

Sep 19, 2020
So this gets the Abandoned tag but Milker City doesn't? :KEK:
The F95 staff don't have time to go around tagging abandoned games, a game will get an abandoned tag if someone reports it with a decent argument as to why it should be tagged 'abandoned', or 'on hold'.

Also, getting an 'abandoned' tag is just an indicator for the community here that they shouldn't expect new content, it doesn't stop the dev from actually working on the project and producing new content. For example, https://f95zone.to/threads/view-of-family-v0-1-4-marvel.1894/ this game was tagged abandoned when the dev disappeared for a year, but then he came back and released an update, the tag got removed, then he disappeared again, and it got tagged abandoned again.

Incase anyone doesn't quite get it (Titty Master), this was not particularly subtle advice that if you think a game should be tagged with 'abandoned' then put in a report on the OP post stating why it should receive the tag. E.g. lack of activity on the Patreon/website etc.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: House Of Black

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The website says nothing about 'The Manifest' still being in development, and hasn't said anything about it in over six months, just like the Patreon. There isn't even a statement from the Dev saying that The Manifest is on hold! Maybe he goes back to it, but there is currently nothing indicating that he will.
But the same logic, the website says nothing about being abandoned.

f95 abandoned tags follows for 3 months without any information or developer explicitly telling they were not pursuing the game.

as Englen explained, that is not the case here. Dev makes polls and according to those polls, subscribers decide whether to continue with DLC or SOM. So far, they have been asking for DLC, but there was no information indicating that SOM was no longer a choice for them (as far as I know).

so the correct tag should be on hold: once subscribers vote for SOM, it will be continued.

Lolph Dundlen

Sep 19, 2020

f95 abandoned tags follows for 3 months without any information or developer explicitly telling they were not pursuing the game.

as Englen explained, that is not the case here. Dev makes polls and according to those polls, subscribers decide whether to continue with DLC or SOM. So far, they have been asking for DLC, but there was no information indicating that SOM was no longer a choice for them (as far as I know).

so the correct tag should be on hold: once subscribers vote for SOM, it will be continued.
You want to keep being hopeful and taking the positive spin, that's up to you, everything on here is just our opinions after-all. But what I posted is the bare facts, and those facts add up to an abandoned tag by F95 forum rules. There has been no content and no current indication that there will be content (which could merit an on hold tag) for The Manifest. If he goes back to it, then it won't be abandoned any more, but currently it is.

Saying that the website doesn't say its been abandoned is comparable is ridiculous. WP's reasons may be slightly different, but it is functionally the same as the many other devs who abandon a game and move onto a new one. Should all of their old projects be left as 'active' because they haven't explicitly said it's abandoned?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: A.C.H.B. and Englen

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
You want to keep being hopeful and taking the positive spin, that's up to you, everything on here is just our opinions after-all. But what I posted is the bare facts, and those facts add up to an abandoned tag by F95 forum rules. There has been no content and no current indication that there will be content (which could merit an on hold tag) for The Manifest. If he goes back to it, then it won't be abandoned any more, but currently it is.
So our opinions are just that opinions, while yours are 'facts'. Got it Adolf.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It has nothing to do with being hopeful. The abandoned tag follows as I said. And dev explained that he is doing polls and will be continued when polls suggested it.

A game in which the developer said he is going to come back but is not currently working do not merit abandoned but on hold, according to the site rules. As simple as that. Those are the "facts".

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

The way it goes is that every 2-3 updates of DLC White Phantom makes a poll and asks if his patrons want a SoM update or if he should keep going with DLC, since WP returned from his hiatus back in March of last year with the rework of SoM we have received 2 of those polls, first time SoM won so we got an update for that(v2.2), 2nd time DLC won.
There will be a poll after DLC v.11 comes out to see if the patrons want a SoM update before he focuses on finishing DLC which has around 5 updates left.

SoM is not abandoned but on hold and it will be finished once DLC is done with a possibility of an update before that if patrons want it, WP has confirmed this multiple times within the last 6 months on his Patreon page and on Discord and did so again as early as yesterday when he talked about why DLC became the main game over SoM.

SoM_DLC.JPG

Lolph Dundlen

Sep 19, 2020
So our opinions are just that opinions, while yours are 'facts'. Got it Adolf.
Haha. Nice twisting of my meaning. My facts were the amount of time since the Manifest got an update, and the amount of time with no update that F95 allows before adding the abandoned tag. They are pretty simple. I've made no claims of quality or what the dev may or may not intend to do. If he goes back to The Manifest and updates it, then it will no longer be abandoned, and if that update means that DLC is left without an update for over three months then it should be tagged as abandoned. Those are the forum rules as set down by the admins. You don't like those rules, feel free to suggest they are changed. I am simply applying the current rules as they stand.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Haha. Nice twisting of my meaning. My facts were the amount of time since the Manifest got an update, and the amount of time with no update that F95 allows before adding the abandoned tag. They are pretty simple. I've made no claims of quality or what the dev may or may not intend to do. If he goes back to The Manifest and updates it, then it will no longer be abandoned, and if that update means that DLC is left without an update for over three months then it should be tagged as abandoned. Those are the forum rules as set down by the admins. You don't like those rules, feel free to suggest they are changed. I am simply applying the current rules as they stand.
No, you are not applying the rules right. I already explained it to you, and you simply fail to read what you have been told.

If it only mattered the 3 months rule=no update, then half the games or more would keep being abandoned. Whether there is information on the matter given by the developer matters. And you have said information posted from discord above.

But not currently being developed is not the same as abandoned. It is at most on hold. So stop thinking you are "doing rules and facts" when you are actually mistaken in how to use those rules and facts.

Lolph Dundlen

Sep 19, 2020
The way it goes is that every 2-3 updates of DLC White Phantom makes a poll and asks if his patrons want a SoM update or if he should keep going with DLC, since WP returned from his hiatus back in March of last year with the rework of SoM we have received 2 of those polls, first time SoM won so we got an update for that(v2.2), 2nd time DLC won.
There will be a poll after DLC v.11 comes out to see if the patrons want a SoM update before he focuses on finishing DLC which has around 5 updates left.

SoM is not abandoned but on hold and it will be finished once DLC is done with a possibility of an update before that if patrons want it, WP has confirmed this multiple times within the last 6 months on his Patreon page and on Discord and did so again as early as yesterday when he talked about why DLC became the main game over SoM.

View attachment 1249158
you can argue that, but the simple matter is that the F95 rules as they stand don't have to take into account the wide variety of how different devs work. No update for three months is abandoned, especially if there is nothing more than a maybe as to whether there will be a new update.

• Angry
Reactions: A.C.H.B. and Englen

Lolph Dundlen

Sep 19, 2020
No, you are not applying the rules right. I already explained it to you, and you simply fail to read what you have been told.

If it only mattered the 3 months rule=no update, then half the games or more would keep being abandoned. Whether there is information on the matter given by the developer matters. And you have said information posted from discord above.

But not currently being developed is not the same as abandoned. It is at most on hold. So stop thinking you are "doing rules and facts" when you are actually mistaken in how to use those rules and facts.
No, you are the one taking an overly generous view of the situation. There is nothing to suggest it WILL be updated. Currently, according to the update Englen posted he plans to finish it after DLC is done. That is a long way off, plans change (as his have). There has been no update, there has been no news on specific timing for an update. If someone tells you that they may do something at some as yet undetermined point in the future if the situation allows, how sure would you be that they would do it?

Regardless, I'm not sure why you are all arguing the toss on this with me, it's not like I'm an admin, I can't add or remove tags. If you want the rules changed, talk to an admin. If you think the rules are being applied wrong, talk to an admin.

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
You want to keep being hopeful and taking the positive spin, that's up to you,
everything on here is just our opinions after-all. But what I posted is the bare facts,
and those facts add up to an abandoned tag by F95 forum rules.
Your words not mine.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
And this, kinda, teaches us one more time the hard lesson: do not start to play a game untile it has the 'completed' tag on it.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Just finished this game, or the content available, following the submisse Wife path, and the game is amazing. Very well written with taste. I just hope the dev keeps going with this game, it´s very good.
I will try DLCthis weekend. Hope it´s similar in content.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
THen you would only play 10% of the games here, even less
Yes, that's what i'm doing after being burned one time to much (and this time was an extra). Most of the ongoing game i got invested in, when i was more naive and inexperienced, get, when i'm lucky, 2 releases per year. When i'm very lucky. And the Dev is on the fast side of the spectrum. And there are like other 15 releases yet to go or so. And do we really assume that every single Dev on this site will be committed to the project for years? I'd rather not to spend time unless the project proves to be very fast paced.

Reactions: AC_Astro and Qixoni

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Yes, that's what i'm doing after being burned one time to much (and this time was an extra). Most of the ongoing game i got invested in, when i was more naive and inexperienced, get, when i'm lucky, 2 releases per year. When i'm very lucky. And the Dev is on the fast side of the spectrum. And there are like other 15 releases yet to go or so. And do we really assume that every single Dev on this site will be committed to the project for years? I'd rather not to spend time unless the project proves to be very fast paced.
I surely hope this game get's finish! the good wife path is exactly my kind of game and story.
Hope DLC is equal or better

Reactions: abgazil
4.20 star(s) 37 Votes