• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I loved the game, really good, when it updates?
Updates to this game or the developer's other game, Defending Lydia Collier, are based on his Patreon polls. So far, the polls have almost always come out in favor of DLC. Given how close that game is to completion (by end of year or thereabouts, IIRC), he plans to complete that first, and then he'll return to The Manifest and work on it to completion as well.

The dev ended up making this game too complex (too many paths intertwining) for him to keep it sustainable. He's trimmed it down considerably as of this latest 2.2 version. Were it not for that, this game might not have even ever been put on hold. Defending Lydia Collier, as I understand it, was always a story WPG had wanted to tell as well, but he shifted gears over to that game specifically for his patrons. He took lessons he learned from early efforts on The Manifest and applied them to DLC first, and then later revamped this with manageable complexity.

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
Updates to this game or the developer's other game, Defending Lydia Collier, are based on his Patreon polls. So far, the polls have almost always come out in favor of DLC. Given how close that game is to completion (by end of year or thereabouts, IIRC), he plans to complete that first, and then he'll return to The Manifest and work on it to completion as well.

The dev ended up making this game too complex (too many paths intertwining) for him to keep it sustainable. He's trimmed it down considerably as of this latest 2.2 version. Were it not for that, this game might not have even ever been put on hold. Defending Lydia Collier, as I understand it, was always a story WPG had wanted to tell as well, but he shifted gears over to that game specifically for his patrons. He took lessons he learned from early efforts on The Manifest and applied them to DLC first, and then later revamped this with manageable complexity.
Thanks for the answer. Can you tell if his other game has the Cuckquean theme too?? I like it very much.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just reporting all three linux DL links are down.
Go to the OP (Original Post) of this thread, use the Report option on it, choose the "Other" reason, and type this in the text box. Either the uploader, another moderator, or another staff member will get the report and take care of it.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
Yes, that's what i'm doing after being burned one time to much (and this time was an extra). Most of the ongoing game i got invested in, when i was more naive and inexperienced, get, when i'm lucky, 2 releases per year. When i'm very lucky. And the Dev is on the fast side of the spectrum. And there are like other 15 releases yet to go or so. And do we really assume that every single Dev on this site will be committed to the project for years? I'd rather not to spend time unless the project proves to be very fast paced.
There are "Completed" games that get a rush ending because the developer went full FEZ developer Unable to withstand the pressure, the FEZ developer just went on a rant and decided to cancel FEZ 2

There's two i can recal, one about being a personal trainer on an all-female gym
And the other about going to space with your family but getting conveniently saved from having your memories ereased.

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
There are "Completed" games that get a rush ending because the developer went full FEZ developer Unable to withstand the pressure, the FEZ developer just went on a rant and decided to cancel FEZ 2

There's two i can recal, one about being a personal trainer on an all-female gym
And the other about going to space with your family but getting conveniently saved from having your memories ereased.
I definitely remember and miss Personal Trainer.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

I definitely remember and miss Personal Trainer.
Yep. Personal Trainer and Forgotten Paradise. Both felt like their endings were rushed. At least Personal Trainer didn't take a hard left turn and then become effectively an entirely different story.

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Yep. Personal Trainer and Forgotten Paradise. Both felt like their endings were rushed. At least Personal Trainer didn't take a hard left turn and then become effectively an entirely different story.
Yes. Damn, if not for him making the late introduction of Mayan (the coffee girl), only to then just end leaving her storyline hanging halfway he might have avoided even that and given a more convincing sense of closure, i guess.

Jkris

Dec 19, 2017
Yeah, forgotten paradise got completely off the rails by the time you landed on the planet. The first part of the game then was more or less just dropped and you played kind of a new story and then it wasn't really tied up at all and most choices you did ended up not mattering because of that.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Yeah, forgotten paradise got completely off the rails by the time you landed on the planet. The first part of the game then was more or less just dropped and you played kind of a new story and then it wasn't really tied up at all and most choices you did ended up not mattering because of that.
Is that the one where the MC's family and starship crew as a whole get their memories erased upon joining the colonial expedition, for reasons?
Remember something like that.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
**** This is not an update, i'm just mirroring the most up-to-date version in the OP ****

Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- get torrents a few minutes early!

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes