VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Thank goodness you posted it, otherwise I wouldn't have known you have a major bug. The war path activates no matter what choices you make. There currently no way to get the version where the mother and daughter are on good terms. Even if you ignore them both completely.
I might have written it wrong in the walkthrough actually.

If you completely ignore Penelope, don't peek on her in the shower, don't tell her she's got a nice arse, and be nice to your wife (kiss her, compliment her etc), it doesn't trigger.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016

If you completely ignore Penelope, don't peek on her in the shower, don't tell her she's got a nice arse, and be nice to your wife (kiss her, compliment her etc), it doesn't trigger.
That's tough and somewhat illogical, the only way to avoid a fight is to show affection to the wife, who I find mean and unattractive. Penelope's line about you possibly liking to see her naked doesn't make sense if you never went down that path. What if the player is only into the girls that don't live with you? I don't think hugging should count against you either, having people hate you for something as innocent as a hug just makes them seem psycho.

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018

Cuse cant have sex with fenlope short game

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
That's tough and somewhat illogical, the only way to avoid a fight is to show affection to the wife, who I find mean and unattractive. Penelope's line about you possibly liking to see her naked doesn't make sense if you never went down that path. What if the player is only into the girls that don't live with you? I don't think hugging should count against you either, having people hate you for something as innocent as a hug just makes them seem psycho.
Your wife is a a psycho, that will play out more in future updates, the reason the war starts is because she starts getting jealous of you showing more attention to Penelope than her (ie to get most of the Penelope hugs etc you must first ignore the wife) or because Penelope starts to like you (you compliment her arse, stare at her nude etc) and decides she's a woman and can go after a man she likes.

If the war doesn't start, the monologue bit is different and she won't say about you wanting to see her naked, instead she'll be comforting the wife because she's sad.

Cuse cant have sex with fenlope short game
You're right, you can't yet, it's version 0.14, Penelope will be one of the longest paths to have sex with.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Your wife is a a psycho, that will play out more in future updates, the reason the war starts is because she starts getting jealous of you showing more attention to Penelope than her (ie to get most of the Penelope hugs etc you must first ignore the wife) or because Penelope starts to like you (you compliment her arse, stare at her nude etc) and decides she's a woman and can go after a man she likes.

If the war doesn't start, the monologue bit is different and she won't say about you wanting to see her naked, instead she'll be comforting the wife because she's sad.
It still doesn't make sense on the 100% neutral path, it shouldn't happen if you've ignored Penelope. The wife being sad and getting comfort makes more sense there. It seems like being affectionate to the wife is mandatory, which seems unfair. Like you said, she's psycho and is kinda ugly, so a player opting out of her scenes won't be uncommon. None of the options are rude or aggressive so she has no reason to be in a foul mood, you are still being nice to her.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
It still doesn't make sense on the 100% neutral path, it shouldn't happen if you've ignored Penelope. The wife being sad and getting comfort makes more sense there. It seems like being affectionate to the wife is mandatory, which seems unfair. Like you said, she's psycho and is kinda ugly, so a player opting out of her scenes won't be uncommon. None of the options are rude or aggressive so she has no reason to be in a foul mood, you are still being nice to her.
Yeah but you're married to her. She's not a girl you can seduce, and just miss out if you ignore her, she's supposed to be the one you're madly in love with (next update will wipe out ugly wife with better wife) but yeah there's no neutral path for the wife. You're either good loving husband or you're dickhead husband (in her eyes anyway)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
in the beginning..you mention to Hotty MacCheerleadercop you got the divorce papers(as one of the options) thus wouldnt the wifeasaurus know the end was near anyways?

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
Yeah but you're married to her. She's not a girl you can seduce, and just miss out if you ignore her, she's supposed to be the one you're madly in love with (next update will wipe out ugly wife with better wife) but yeah there's no neutral path for the wife. You're either good loving husband or you're dickhead husband (in her eyes anyway)
Hope for new version soon this week

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
in the beginning..you mention to Hotty MacCheerleadercop you got the divorce papers(as one of the options) thus wouldnt the wifeasaurus know the end was near anyways?
You can get papers (petition) fairly easily, and fill them in yourself without anybody ever knowing, it's when you submit them it then starts involving courts etc. You've got the papers filled out and are about to give them to your wife and tell her you want a divorce and then the game begins.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
i'm confused. after the h scene of a wife. why did her appearance change?
The biggest feedback I was getting was "the wife is awful", and I agreed, so I changed her model.
I will re-render all her scenes to go with the next update.

Reactions: crugh2112

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
You brilaonet best game ever want the full version after he got shot

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
damage path means you screwed up the relationship and probably ended the possibility of certain scenes

Reactions: Zontany

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
damage path means you screwed up the relationship and probably ended the possibility of certain scenes
Is there a way to fix the damage path if you have been down that path for a period of time? My first or second playthrough (without the walkthrough), I don't know how it happen, but I'm on the Damage Penelope Path.

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
Is there a way to fix the damage path if you have been down that path for a period of time? My first or second playthrough (without the walkthrough), I don't know how it happen, but I'm on the Damage Penelope Path.

Beside wife there no sex with other right?
Like in the scene with witress is there path sex with waitress and panlop or just wife

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Beside wife there no sex with other right?
Like in the scene with witress is there path sex with waitress and panlop or just wife
The only people you get to have sex with in this update is Miss Fischer (oral sex), your wife, and Mercedes. In future updates you will get to have sex with the other girls. The developer said Penelope will be one of the later ones.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes