VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
I keep on trying to sleep with my wife but whenever morning comes I magically wake up next to Miss Miller every morning. What should I do?
That's weird! Usually when a guy gets drunk, he goes to sleep with the hot one, but wakes up beside the ugly one.

Reactions: ThunderRob

Echidna44

Oct 17, 2017
I actually really enjoyed this game, hope he can keep up with the scope because the authors created quite a few paths I hope he doesn't neglect them, if he manages to keep all the characters meaningly involved somehow I think this game has some great promise.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Got this errror

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/Hannahgotfood.jpg'>:
File "game/script.rpy", line 519, in script
H "This is delicious, thankyou so much"
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Hannahgotfood.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\execution.py", line 846, in run_context
File "game/script.rpy", line 519, in script
H "This is delicious, thankyou so much"
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\ast.py", line 618, in execute
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\ast.py", line 43, in statement_name
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1413, in with_statement
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2193, in do_with
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3118, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2041, in draw_screen
File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 360, in render
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 414, in render
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 229, in wrap_render
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
File "C:\Users\drpep\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.812\TheManifest-v.0141-win\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
Hi,

I'm really sorry but this has got to be a Linux specific error, which I don't really know how to fix. I only work on Windows and this is my first time using Ren'Py. I've tested the game repeatedly (20+ times) using every single option before that and I cannot replicate this fault. I've attached the file, if for some reason it's missing you could go to game/images and paste it there, or try re-downloading the game? I've checked the last build though and this image is definitely included?

Hannahgotfood.jpg

Reactions: Jorge 123654
D

Deleted member 397626

Hi,

I'm really sorry but this has got to be a Linux specific error, which I don't really know how to fix. I only work on Windows and this is my first time using Ren'Py. I've tested the game repeatedly (20+ times) using every single option before that and I cannot replicate this fault.
He's using Windows though

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
He's using Windows though
It has "u" before the images, I thought that's what Linux uses for it's home page.

I use Windows though, and I cannot replicate this fault in anyway, the image is in the file?
So it's not a script/file problem, it must be local, so the only other thing I can presume is it's corrupted, so delete it and redownload it and it should fix it.

D

Deleted member 397626

It has "u" before the images, I thought that's what Linux uses for it's home page.

I use Windows though, and I cannot replicate this fault in anyway, the image is in the file?
So it's not a script/file problem, it must be local, so the only other thing I can presume is it's corrupted, so delete it and redownload it and it should fix it.
I believe that "u" before the string means that the string is encoded as unicode. The path to home directory on linux usually looks like this "/home/user".
Thanks for the Linux port, though. It seems to be working fine (at least for me), but 0.012 release also worked on linux. The PC version you've been previously building it as includes "TheManifest.sh" file, which is a bash script that can be used to run the game on linux.

Reactions: bas and VinRiddle

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Rule #1: Be respectful. Opinions are fine, attacks are not; This includes trolling, belittling, etc.

Everyone is welcome to comment on the game and it's content, but not welcome to make personal attacks towards members for stating an opinion that you disagree with.

If you cannot disagree without name-calling and personal attacks, expect to have your post deleted and enjoy your thread-ban.

So please be respectful. That's a lot of work and I'm really fucking lazy today.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
I really enjoy this game especially after all the bug fixes. The multiple paths and all the possible romance options are really nice as well. I also love how you are trying to pull of such a involved story something i haven't seen from any sex game makes the game that much more interesting. Seriously keep up the great work

Dodelig

Feb 13, 2018
I really enjoy this game especially after all the bug fixes. The multiple paths and all the possible romance options are really nice as well. I also love how you are trying to pull of such a involved story something i haven't seen from any sex game makes the game that much more interesting. Seriously keep up the great work
This forum is very good if u are looking for "erotic stories." :FeelsGoodMan:

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Does anyone have a walkthrough? I'm playing on the mac, but I have a window's version for the images. I have 2 saved files finished so far, but I missed some scenes. I opened up a saved editor just to see what things I could have seen. I missed a sex scene with my wife (day 4), you can also sleep with Miller, a scene(s) with Hannah (day 4), among others. I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of story with my decisions somewhere.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
The Manifest Walkthrough v.0141

THE WALKTHROUGH CONTAINS A TON OF SPOILERS

I strongly recommend you just play the game and see what happens, that's how I designed it to be played.
Unless you do something incredibly creepy, there are fairly few game ending decisions.

However if you want it, here it is, I think I've got pretty much everything in it, let me know if you think I missed something.

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
The Manifest Walkthrough v.0141

THE WALKTHROUGH CONTAINS A TON OF SPOILERS

I strongly recommend you just play the game and see what happens, that's how I designed it to be played.
Unless you do something incredibly creepy, there are fairly few game ending decisions.

However if you want it, here it is, I think I've got pretty much everything in it, let me know if you think I missed something.
This great game but why short and not complete are any cheat for this game or more sex scene like with fanlope

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
dang..that walkthrough tells ALL :O TMI? ..lol
It does tell you literally everything, but then if I don't put that stuff in, people using the walkthrough will be asking it's it having sex on Day 2 or Day 5 that causes this, so I thought I'd better put it in to avoid this. The date/time in the month is going to depend on whether they get pregnant or not, not just if you use a condom, so that's why success/fail is in there.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Just play it yourself, then use the walkthrough. I appreciate it, since some choices are counter-intuitive.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
It does tell you literally everything, but then if I don't put that stuff in, people using the walkthrough will be asking it's it having sex on Day 2 or Day 5 that causes this, so I thought I'd better put it in to avoid this. The date/time in the month is going to depend on whether they get pregnant or not, not just if you use a condom, so that's why success/fail is in there.
Thank goodness you posted it, otherwise I wouldn't have known you have a major bug. The war path activates no matter what choices you make. There currently no way to get the version where the mother and daughter are on good terms. Even if you ignore them both completely.

Reactions: blastwave2k
4.20 star(s) 37 Votes