VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
i dont know much about python, but the amount of errors piling up with my old savegames tells me they dont initialize variables or test for them before the if clauses requiring them.

they need to incorporate that into the loading function and trigger the appropiate user querries.

in other words, if a variable is unset or equals to nul, they need to set them to something expected by the script.

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
I'm out with my gf atm, but I'll render one with a transparent background and better looking when I get home, those are not as good as I can make now they're from v.010
Thank you so much, but please enjoy your time with your gf. I don't want you to hurry on my account. (Unless she is dragging you through clothing stores and you're trying to get away lol)

Reactions: Krull

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Can someone help me with a problem? I'm playing the game for the first time. I got an error message after the game's update (where MC's wife changed). After that update, she asked if I wanted to take the car or the bike; then she asked about breakfast. When I was done with my breakfast and I was leaving, I got an error message like I said. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix the problem and hopefully prevent future errors? (I'm using the mac version of the game).

The message said, "An exception has occurred. While running the game code: File "game/script.rpy, line 5044 in script... Full traceback: File "game/script.rpy, line 5044 in script..."

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Please @WhitePhantom can you make your updates save compliant ?
Either use the , or the . It's not difficult and everybody will praise you for finally having a game which don't need a full restart with (almost) every single update.

Reactions: Krull

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
This is the last update you need to do a full restart with (other than the upcoming bug fix because it adds content to Day 3 (update v.013)).

I don't know how to use either of those you've mentioned, this is literally the first time I'm using Ren'Py, I can google them and try and find how they work going forward.

I've gone back and defined everything under the sun I can thing of that might be called upon from the past in future updates, so it shouldn't happen again as they're already now defined and you can just carry on going forward.

This update I had to make a Day 1 choice change a flag that was called upon in Day 4, so there's no way around it other than repeating Day 1 (and therefore having to restart).

Rest assured though, the next big update you won't have to start from the beginning.

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
Can you fix your wife's ugly face? Seriously all girls look decent but when I saw what the mc married .... Man oh man, no wonder the mc wants to file a divorce and would rather fuck his step daughter

Reactions: OurTimeNow

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Can you fix your wife's ugly face? Seriously all girls look decent but when I saw what the mc married .... Man oh man, no wonder the mc wants to file a divorce and would rather fuck his step daughter
Keep playing she gets a makeover and looks 100x better.

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
He already did for the new chapter and has plans to do so for the previous chapters.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
v.0141 Release (Primarily Bug Fixes)

YOU MUST START A NEW GAME TO AVOID ERRORS (Should be the last time this is required though)

- -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
v.0141 Release (Primarily Bug Fixes)

YOU MUST START A NEW GAME TO AVOID ERRORS (Should be the last time this is required though)

- -

Thank you!

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes