VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
I understand correctly that on the third day the wife's face changes? Will it be changed in the previous days in future updates?

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
*Sigh* I almost wish you hadn't revamped the wife.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That said, good job! The wife looks so much better now that she doesn't look like an old over-worked hooker crack fiend.

Reactions: Munkey

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
*Sigh* I almost wish you hadn't revamped the wife.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That said, good job! The wife looks so much better now that she doesn't look like an old over-worked hooker crack fiend.
dev made her second hottest in game (after McKenna natch) so will be really hard to cheat on her ..LOL

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Can everybody with bugs errors just confirm you have started a new game when you are getting them?

You shouldn't have to start a new game with each update going forward, I've defined every choice that should have an impact so far, whereas there are some Day 1 decisions which affected v.014 that I hadn't put in which is why you need to restart and will get errors otherwise.

Regarding the wife, all of her renders will be 100% redone, the next update which will hopefully be out fairly quickly will be a fix and wife update, although it's still a fair few scenes to do.

To answer the review about the choices in the class deciding which schoolgirl you date, no they don't. First impressions are important, but you aren't locked out of anything at all yet. You'll have a very hard time convincing somebody you love them if you publicly humiliate them infront of their friends, but you might still be able to convince them.

I'll look into all the bugs when I get home from work and release it with that fixed.

Hope you all enjoyed it so far :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Mr Dev..i can confirm i began a brand new game and got the errors i listed in my post some pages back

Dodelig

Feb 13, 2018
Many hot girls...

But Jessica still my favorite.

@ bring her back pls :eazyHype::eazyHype:

Reactions: VDawe

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i've never tried a complete asshole runthrough..plenty of save space..i think i'm going to let Hannah drown...hmmm

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
Many hot girls...

But Jessica still my favorite.

@ bring her back pls :eazyHype::eazyHype:
Yeah bring her back pls ^^ she is my 2nd fav. right now my all time fav girl is mercedes <3 and i always reject the poor wife :D

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
@WhitePhantom Considering american football uses alot of gear it lacks the sex appeal to me, basket ball and volleyball have the appeal of jumping girls and well the bounces really on the boobs could be good. Now i didn't play test this game recently so i do not know the location, beach volley sounds a bit more interesting at this Football (soccer in 'merican) is the go to girly sport over there, but the appeal is for me long gone and Athletics, well as a state trooper you probably went through stamina training and this fits that. And chasing baddies on foot, needs you to be fast.

However i am disappointed that Swimming is not on the list, can understand it though cause most schools have no pool, but still it's fantasy. But there are a few sports out there that could be quite interesting for the setting, but probably not that popular around where you are from: Handball, (next a couple of sports where woman still wear skirts, yes sometimes even short skirts and that could lead to some no pantie shots) tennis ( i understand with multiple girls in class it's undoable really), Field hockey (yes there is a field version of hockey and it's also a olympic sport)

just my 2cents

edit: i was only considering sports, but any police officer gets to go through training on a obstacle course, add that to outdoor gym training and you can get yourself a situation where some girls who are always caring about their looks to be "hilarious". On a bonus, mud is wet, wet + a white gym shirt = WinWin

edit2: playing.. should have played before commenting about swimming Duh

Reactions: bacchusplateau

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Bug
Day 2
keep walking -keep walking (you don´t go out from school you go to the first choice) a loop

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
Can everybody with bugs errors just confirm you have started a new game when you are getting them?

You shouldn't have to start a new game with each update going forward, I've defined every choice that should have an impact so far, whereas there are some Day 1 decisions which affected v.014 that I hadn't put in which is why you need to restart and will get errors otherwise.

Regarding the wife, all of her renders will be 100% redone, the next update which will hopefully be out fairly quickly will be a fix and wife update, although it's still a fair few scenes to do.

To answer the review about the choices in the class deciding which schoolgirl you date, no they don't. First impressions are important, but you aren't locked out of anything at all yet. You'll have a very hard time convincing somebody you love them if you publicly humiliate them infront of their friends, but you might still be able to convince them.

I'll look into all the bugs when I get home from work and release it with that fixed.

Hope you all enjoyed it so far :)
The dialog loop problem I posted about earlier was on fresh start. It's the only error I have encountered.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
even though McKenna is the one i want my MC to end up with..lol..she..if reality applies..is in a heap of shit for taking just out of hospital basically desk duty(sort) rehabilitating cop MC into the field...as i said..if reality applies..she screwed the pooch...regs dont allow that..lol

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Played this today, it still needs obvious work, but the general idea behind it i like.
Personally I rather wished the @WhitePhantom fixated on the sexy schoolgirls OR the serious cop stuff, both together feels like you are trying to mix 2 different stories who are each better on their own. Not saying it can't be done, but to pull that off you need serious writing chops, and sadly it is obvious that that is not the case. Take Hannah (step daughter friend) for example, if you pick her up, all options have very minor effects->Yeah MC got shot->oh now you want food->no i just groped you for a bit...it all follows up in quick succession and makes it feel slapped together on a whim. Even if you just use it to keep a hidden counter of good/bad karma towards MC: Story wise it doesn't really add up and it all feels shallow. Also starting the game without knowing who your wife is and having the option to 'file for divorce' and throw yourself at another woman...it all feels like you dumped the player in the middle of the story without a 'previous on The Manifest', if you catch my drift. (and having all those semi cut-scenes with other characters makes hardly any sense without context)
Writing isn't your strong suit but you are better in creating or putting in pretty girls, that part I very much liked. I didn't even mind that MC's wife was older looking and maybe a bit less perfect. (the lighting also did a number on her in those scenes) The new version looks to young and perfect in comparison, still hot though.
Then there is the lighting in a lot of (character)renders that is just horrible and it really shows. I am not even talking about the overly dark scene with Pavlov. Not asking for fancy shadows or anything, just better control of light sources would do wonders in atmosphere and quality.
There is also a few errors as mentioned before like the hallway-loop with Ana and the random error screen here and there with breakfast/tv. I am a new player, so nothing old interfering here.
GL with the project either way.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Fan Sig:
tmanifest-hfan.gif tmanifest-mckfan.gif tmanifest-wfan.gif
Links:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/07/136500_tmanifest-hfan.gif