VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
This game is absurd... bad story flow, disjointed and convoluted plots that seem to shift in and out from nowhere, and completely unnecessary political bullshit. From the stupid "Thanks Obama", to the "Democrats always outspend Republicans"... this just stupid political tripe from someone who very obviously has no understanding of American politics.
+1

After the game had manifestly shoved the developer's political bias down my throat for the third time, I quit and uninstalled the game.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Hey guys, I would appreciate a quick bit of feedback if you wouldn't mind.
I'd likely read them, but I don't really think stuff like your example would be helpful to the story.

A couple of notes: a responder is never a victim, and redaction is done (with prejudice) when declassifying information - releasing classified information is done with aliases instead. So for example, there's no reason to censor one of the two comatose officers' names, but not the other.

And while I'm at it - why does the Finnish guy speak in Russian, instead of his Russian partner?

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
I'd likely read them, but I don't really think stuff like your example would be helpful to the story.

A couple of notes: a responder is never a victim, and redaction is done (with prejudice) when declassifying information - releasing classified information is done with aliases instead. So for example, there's no reason to censor one of the two comatose officers' names, but not the other.

And while I'm at it - why does the Finnish guy speak in Russian, instead of his Russian partner?
That's a really bad example I made honestly, I needed to take out the MC's name as you pick it, the rest are all uncensored. They don't add a huge amount to the direct story, but I've added a lot of reports regarding what some incidents that happen in the past. One explains what happened to the girl from Dusk's memory, if you were interested, but if your goal is to fuck Mercedes as much as possible for example, they won't add anything

The two mercenaries you see are Finnish, the guy on the phone in the beginning is Russian, so that's why he's speaking Russian in that bit, but that should be the only time? They are a group of six, their backstories will be present too.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
That's a really bad example I made honestly, I needed to take out the MC's name as you pick it, the rest are all uncensored. They don't add a huge amount to the direct story, but I've added a lot of reports regarding what some incidents that happen in the past. One explains what happened to the girl from Dusk's memory, if you were interested, but if your goal is to fuck Mercedes as much as possible for example, they won't add anything

The two mercenaries you see are Finnish, the guy on the phone in the beginning is Russian, so that's why he's speaking Russian in that bit, but that should be the only time? They are a group of six, their backstories will be present too.
I think the reports should either be uncensored, more censored, or simply less informative. That example actually gives *more* information than an uncensored one would, by drawing attention to a presumably undercover operative.

In the latest update, one of the mercs curses in Russian, and I think there was something like that going on in the radio chatter in the previous update as well - but I'd have to replay it to make sure.

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
I think the reports should either be uncensored, more censored, or simply less informative. That example actually gives *more* information than an uncensored one would, by drawing attention to a presumably undercover operative.

In the latest update, one of the mercs curses in Russian, and I think there was something like that going on in the radio chatter in the previous update as well - but I'd have to replay it to make sure.
Hey can i ask whats new in this are this updated after he hot shot beacuse in my game after he got shot game end

Zonal12

Oct 7, 2017
any walkthrough? even a fan made one would be appreciated, some major decisions need to be made, like staying the night with Miss Miller or not? I'd say staying over is a no brainer, but it p1sses off the step daug as well so :(

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes