VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

RødTop

Jan 21, 2018
I got a bug
Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 464, in script
if d1wifedrivehome == True:
File "D:\Games\Mini Games\Mini Plus Games\TheManifest-v.0155-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1760, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Games\Mini Games\Mini Plus Games\TheManifest-v.0155-win\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Games\Mini Games\Mini Plus Games\TheManifest-v.0155-win\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 464, in <module>
if d1wifedrivehome == True:
NameError: name 'd1wifedrivehome' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
The Manifest v.0155

D

Deleted member 42

What the ...?? I restarted the scene with Mrs Miller at the evening and went home with her and the moment I wanted to intervene with Chantal & Ana ... bang the game is over ... as it was in the update before ....??? ANY new scenes at all???
same here, even if i choose "go back to bed" it still gives me the "this is the end of 1.51 update"

Reactions: serhatdozdiyik

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
There is no new content progressing the game. v.0155 is an update solely replacing the wife's models from v.010 to v.013 and adding some new scenes to the first three days, so all the new content is at the beginning of the game.

You must restart the game and all future updates will run off of v.0155 not v.0151 as I've added additional flags to the first three days that will create errors.

I will look into the bug after my lectures this afternoon, please make sure you've restarted the game though as that particular flag is defined at the games start as it's a Day 1 flag.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
There is no new content progressing the game. v.0155 is an update solely replacing the wife's models from v.010 to v.013 and adding some new scenes to the first three days, so all the new content is at the beginning of the game.

You must restart the game and all future updates will run off of v.0155 not v.0151 as I've added additional flags to the first three days that will create errors.

I will look into the bug after my lectures this afternoon, please make sure you've restarted the game though as that particular flag is defined at the games start as it's a Day 1 flag.
That's a bit disappointing, but I can understand it. The game is one of the better ones and I hope that the story will continue soon :)

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
I like the new look.

I have to still disagree, White Phantom. I appreciate that you were showing unintended consequences. Had she gotten yelled at and cried it might have worked. But it damages the character that he didn't step in, as both a cop and a teacher (who are mandated to report abuse.) Also makes him a total puss. The wife's "it's my kid" line is not only the poorest of excuses but it makes no sense that the MC does not push back. She expects you to drive "her kid" to school and do other fatherly duties, but then decides to pull that card? Nobody would stand for that. It's also inconsistent with the writing, when you can push back in other instances. I think if there was pushback and an argument it might make it feel more like a real marriage.

I love the game otherwise, great work.
Everyone one it would seem would be surprised at how and how often the "it's my kid" line is used. Sometimes even when both are the biological parent ( strangely enough). Being angry at that moment allows you to justify a lot of bad actions and choices, also being the one that is watching it unfold you're usually so shocked at what the other person is doing you don't react you're self. Just because he's a cop and has training doesn't always change that fact.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018

do you have version control in the savegames? I'd like to suggest a catch case that adds the flags if not present this way.

D

Deleted member 780468

I'm new to this game. any walkthrough available?

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
You should never release an update without some sort of story/content progression unless it is to fix a game breaking bug. Tech updates should be rolled into a new content release, even if the new content is 'lite'.

That being said, I really do love this game and wish it does well.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
You should never release an update without some sort of story/content progression unless it is to fix a game breaking bug. Tech updates should be rolled into a new content release, even if the new content is 'lite'.

That being said, I really do love this game and wish it does well.
I suspect it's because it's to replace the wife model. It required redoing a lot of (early) scenes, so it took a lot of time, but it was important as she was putting off a lot of new players. I do not speak on behalf of the developer, of course, but I suspect that was the reason it 'couldn't wait'.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
all the new content/lines fleshing out the earlier story so far..the MC is truly a douche..i want the MC to get shot some more..LOL...
Yeah, just replayed as well, this time trying to go for the good-guy-route but even then MC is a total fuckwad.
My biggest gripe though is that bitch Dusk. You can already see that she's too important a character for the story so it's not gonna happen but i just wish we could put a bullet in her head the first time we meet her face to face. No cat and mouse game, just straight up clock her the moment she shows up. :tf:

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
All this time wasted to replace a f* model, good job. The developer should have just kept the old one and ignored those whining about it, there's plenty of hot models already. It was a big mistake imo.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
I reside in America where Pole dancing is on the rise as a 'sport' can we get that please? if no pole dancing then I suggest DRL (Drone Racing League) if either of these are not an option then let's go with water polo!!

FrankFurters

May 13, 2018
All this time wasted to replace a f* model, good job. The developer should have just kept the old one and ignored those whining about it, there's plenty of hot models already. It was a big mistake imo.
White Phantom was transparent throughout these changes and asked for community feedback both here and on the Patreon page. This is his first VN and I like that he went back and fixed some issues. Please though, continue to throw the peanuts from the gallery after showing up late.

FrankFurters

May 13, 2018
Just me or the game ends in 0.151? Or it's just a mistaken?
This update was mainly focused on updating the wife from the start of the game for consistency as the original look was roundly panned and made the wife route difficult for a lot of players due to her fugglyness. The next update will move the story along.

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

Ktbrok

Jun 26, 2018
This update was mainly focused on updating the wife from the start of the game for consistency as the original look was roundly panned and made the wife route difficult for a lot of players due to her fugglyness. The next update will move the story along.
Thanks for the info! Is my first time with this game. I really like the plot of history.

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
Just me or the game ends in 0.151? Or it's just a mistaken?
Don't think the ending message was updated, not really any new content after the ending of .151 All the content was remodel of wife, and I believe the animation was for her as well.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes