VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Some early feedback:

What's up with the lighting? Some scenes have either really inconsistent lighting (like early kitchen scene with both very light and very dark images in the same scene), or are waaaay too dark.

Dev should really look into improving his skills in this....

Also small nitpick not realated to scene render. Dark blue does not go well for character names, it is almost unreadable in some scenes.

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017

WhitePhantom said:
Got a new update coming Friday the 5th

It's taken me a huge amount of time as I've basically re-coded the game, so now characters should react better to choices you've made with them in the past and behave more appropriately. Lots and lots of edited/new dialogue, two new adult scenes and lots of extended scenes so facial reactions and behaviour will be more appropriate to what they're saying.

Thanks again for all the support.

WP

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
That's exciting news! I'm assuming we'll want to restart a new game. Even if it's not required, I want to see some of the improved expressions, etc., that you've been working so hard on, WhitePhantom. Looking forward to the update.
it is one of the most replayable games on the site..i have zero problems with restarting..LOL..BUT..i am aching for some new content also..LOL

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017

WhitePhantom said:
Hi Guys,
Sorry I'm going to delay this update just until the end of the weekend.

I'm really close to finishing a third adult scene and I want to include it in this update rather than have it sitting until the next update when it's so close to being done.

So the update will be out sometime this weekend rather than tomorrow, but it'll have 3 adult scenes rather than just the two I'd originally planned!

Sorry about this but it should be worth the wait!

Thanks,

WP

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
Wanted to try this game for some time, thing is i don't like to play the game several times, don't like the grind all over again (i know you can skip but still...). I saw walkthrough and there are 5-6 branches, so i know this was probably asked before, can you see most of the scenes, play almost all branches in single playthhrough? Something like that is possible in DMD for example. I like renders, but don't like grind.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Wanted to try this game for some time, thing is i don't like to play the game several times, don't like the grind all over again (i know you can skip but still...). I saw walkthrough and there are 5-6 branches, so i know this was probably asked before, can you see most of the scenes, play almost all branches in single playthhrough? Something like that is possible in DMD for example. I like renders, but don't like grind.
grindless game...i am totally biased but this is one of the most replayable games..up there with AL and DA for me..finding all the paths is fun because the game is so smooth and fluid...

Reactions: Eerie Entity

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
grindless game...i am totally biased but this is one of the most replayable games..up there with AL and DA for me..finding all the paths is fun because the game is so smooth and fluid...
No matter how little grind is involved, going through same scenes again just to see other path/s can be really tedious for me, that's why i asked, looking at the walkthrough, it's somewhat explained, but still who knows how many branches and scenes will be opened in later updates.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
No matter how little grind is involved, going through same scenes again just to see other path/s can be really tedious for me, that's why i asked, looking at the walkthrough, it's somewhat explained, but still who knows how many branches and scenes will be opened in later updates.
dev is appealing to folks that want it all..a redemption path being good to the wife..a corruption path..a harem path..domination path..submission path...most of us praise all this..but noone can fault you for wanting a straight one route story..we all like what we do..thats what makes this site so awesome..

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
dev is appealing to folks that want it all..a redemption path being good to the wife..a corruption path..a harem path..domination path..submission path...most of us praise all this..but noone can fault you for wanting a straight one route story..we all like what we do..thats what makes this site so awesome..
Aight, can i play wife route for an example and mess with other girls if there's a chance?

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Aight, can i play wife route for an example and mess with other girls if there's a chance?
yup..you can be a loving husband while boinking everything in sight..LOL...well..a large portion of everything..you'll still miss some dames..BUT..you can get the key dames in one playthrough..wife..step-daughter..redhead cumslut..teacher...enjoy

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
peeked at his patreon...and i scratch my head..to me..this is one of the better games here...having also peeked at other patreons of other devs..many who i consider far inferior..but make 10-20 times as much...this dev deserves alot more..so much pushed back so he could fix what us players felt were bad(the original wife) giving us many paths..an actual story..and some amazing renders..some which i've never seen in other games...he is basically creating this all on his own dime..i gotta win the damn lottery..this is the first dev that'll get from me if i do..lol

BulletPete

May 5, 2017
peeked at his patreon...and i scratch my head..to me..this is one of the better games here...having also peeked at other patreons of other devs..many who i consider far inferior..but make 10-20 times as much...this dev deserves alot more..so much pushed back so he could fix what us players felt were bad(the original wife) giving us many paths..an actual story..and some amazing renders..some which i've never seen in other games...he is basically creating this all on his own dime..i gotta win the damn lottery..this is the first dev that'll get from me if i do..lol

I had a feeling he had a lot more patreons, did they drop during the hiatus or something?

Still, his definetly under appreciated.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes