VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yeah, gotta agree with most of the recent comments here - this game is convoluting itself to death. I tried starting from scratch to build some specific character routes and I kept failing miserably as I was unable to follow the twists and branches even with the walkthrough. Think I'll drop it for a few months and MAYBE try it again later...

soern234

Mar 19, 2019
this game shows probably whishful thinking for some change of the known world by rude Terrorists, who were Special Cops
before. Also some Countries like Austria and Italy left th EU already? (read Newspapers when go through Finnish Incidents while waitintg for Jane). Very very strange - like a hidden rightwing propaganda game wrapped fully behind easy to reach sex scenes.
Maybe I'm wrong, but try and check yourself. I took Wife line + Hannah and reached the end of Version 18 using Walkthrough.

Reactions: Phantom of Nerima

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Man this game is turned into such shit. The writing is horrible, but who cares about that?
Instead of getting anywhere with any girl: lets just keep introducing other girls. Except for the slutty red head, you get to bang her 3 times, but nothing with the other girls, pfff. So unless you like slutty redheads with a preggo fetish, this game is just a blue-ball simulator

Ravencrone

Jul 18, 2017
This game is one of the best on this site for me. The story is interesting, well at first it's kinda hard to follow especially the drug and all that. But this game has a lot of path and you want to play again to get all the content, so little by little i understand the story. Good job man, can't wait for the story to develop more.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
McKenna kills MC, the walkthrough is very confusing, so many different routes, and one or two images per update per route as a result. What is the point of this? Do we really need this many routes?
WTH? When does McKenna kill the MC? You had to have gone out of your way to get killed. I've played at least 5 different routes and never been killed once by her.

Zonal12

Oct 7, 2017
WTH? When does McKenna kill the MC? You had to have gone out of your way to get killed. I've played at least 5 different routes and never been killed once by her.
I don't know how you've been playing, but I've seen at least five different users trying to find a way to avoid being killed by the lieutenant. When you're at Hannah's home confronting her a$$ of a father, there is no option other than 'Go Investigate', and that gets you killed. One way path to h3ll apparently.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't know how you've been playing, but I've seen at least five different users trying to find a way to avoid being killed by the lieutenant. When you're at Hannah's home confronting her a$$ of a father, there is no option other than 'Go Investigate', and that gets you killed. One way path to h3ll apparently.
Is that a version higher than 0.18? I've never gone to Hannah's house to confront anyone. Is it maybe where you initially don't help her get booze so she has to steal it, and then you get it for her later?

That's the one path I've *not* followed with her. Either I buy it for her early on or I'm a douche to her throughout, never getting her alcohol at all.

flamerftw

Jul 10, 2018
In the android version the opacity of the background in the text panel is too dark, I'm unable to see a lot of "detail" behind it.

Anyway to change that?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah you are right swiping down removes the whole panel, means the choices disappear too though
Yes, that's the same on a computer when you press H. You can do that briefly to see the full pic, then put the panel back to see the dialogue and choices again.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I not unlock. Hanna fun or Penelope fun in changing room
If either of them are angry with you when you enter the changing room, it's because you've done things they don't like. If you are nice to Hannah (pick her up on the way home from the hospital, don't force her to swim, offer to teach her how to swim, etc.), she won't object to you entering the changing room. Penelope is the same way (hug her when you first return home from the hospital, drive her to school [car or motorcycle], etc.). It shouldn't be too difficult, assuming you do what they like.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I dont think its possible to get both Hannah and Penelope in the dressing room, I followed the WT (not been updated but still) and didn't get Penelope to do anything. I think parts of Hannah's route blocks parts of Pen's route as I never got certain scenes on her route while doing Hannah's route.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I dont think its possible to get both Hannah and Penelope in the dressing room, I followed the WT (not been updated but still) and didn't get Penelope to do anything. I think parts of Hannah's route blocks parts of Pen's route as I never got certain scenes on her route while doing Hannah's route.
That may be true, but idk. Nobunaga oda had said "or" in their post, so I assumed neither option was working for them. I have saves for playthroughs using various routes. When I have the option for walking in on either of them and I've been nice to both, Penelope basically says "not here, not while Hannah's next door": she doesn't kiss the MC, but she also doesn't kick him out. Hannah will kiss him and say, "I like you too, but not here, not while Penelope's around". So I do think they at least partially block each other, but you should still be able to have the MC walk in on either in the same playthrough w/o their being pissed at him.

When I had the MC be an asshole to Hannah (forced her to dive in the pool, etc.) and Penelope (told her to take the bus, etc.), later at the changing rooms both were irate and kicked the MC out immediately after cussing him out.

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Yes its problem. Possible the routes are mix and block they pass. Possible I piss off 1 and love the other for unblock the scene. The walkthrough its incomplete

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes