VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
I believe the dev will get it right this time if you played Defending Lydia Collier then you can see the improvement so hopefully, this turns out the same because what I don't doubt is that dev has a very good game here I liked it before and it can only get better from here.
I don't know, all I say is that I hope that it retains the essence and its adventures, and doesn't turn the game into another.

Already from this moment there're fewer options in the game, and that leaves a gap within the same game. We'll see if it compensates with the full version next week.

Reactions: Mormont

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
i see this revamped version being a huge success if the first release of it any indication..the best dames are still in play..the skinny loli's..the not wife..and the redhead skankomatic...who i believe were the 4 most popular from the old version..i do love dev's style of writing and am a fan of DLC also..so i have faith this game will regain its old spot in my personal top ten.
The wife is a priority part of the game.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
it totally your right to disagree. next time try not to do so by then agreeing with a point I made by starting with 'I disagree with every single point..' and then promptly typing out that they failed to pre-plan. if they had then they would have seen that too many paths were created to handle and the project would spiral.

sure, finishing the project is bonkers but so is restarting (how many remakes actually see completion anyway?). perception is everything to crowd-funding sites like patreon and as this feed alone attests to, perception for a remake/restart is a lot of negative. not really sure how you can disagree with that point either as so many here and in other feeds are the proof, unless you think nobody who ever posts a criticism means what they type?

you may well have disagreed with A point I made but certainly, even in your own typing, you didn't disagree with EVERY point.
Touche`...Good comeback

I don't agree that he failed to pre plan. I think he was over ambitious.

There are a ton of game that is going strong that have been re-written.
A lot were conversions from Unity to Renpy, some were from Sandbox to VN style and some where from VN to sandbox.
Just a couple from the top of my hat.
Alexandra by PTolemy
New Corral City by HoneyGames
Sins of The Father by KaffeKop

There is quite a few more that I can not remember at the moment, but I will go so far to say that most abandoned games currently is from games that have not been re-written, but where the Dev just burned out. The amount of games where the dev re-wrote his game and then gets abandoned is actually minimal compared to devs just giving up.

Continuing on his over-ambitious project, would have lead to burn out and to the game being not completed.
Most people on here can see the woods from the trees and see the dev re-writing his game, is a good sign and will improve the chances of a game getting completed.

So yes, my view is the total opposite of yours. Rewriting is a good sign. Continuing on his previous version is a surefire way for the game to die. Most fans of this game resigned themselves to the game being dead already, as we could see the reality. The Dev returning breathes life into the game again.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
i see this revamped version being a huge success if the first release of it any indication..the best dames are still in play..the skinny loli's..the not wife..and the redhead skankomatic...who i believe were the 4 most popular from the old version..i do love dev's style of writing and am a fan of DLC also..so i have faith this game will regain its old spot in my personal top ten.
Is the lesbian sister still there? I was very much into that story....

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don't know, all I say is that I hope that it retains the essence and its adventures, and doesn't turn the game into another.

Already from this moment there're fewer options in the game, and that leaves a gap within the same game. We'll see if it compensates with the full version next week.
No, as I said I think lessons have been learned from DLC as I thought this latest version was just fine but of course I'd like to see a bit more in the next update and see how that goes but for me so far I think it's looking a lot better.

Reactions: SAMASH112

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Misremembering, they've always had these issues from day 1, becaus ePenelope is a potential partner and so it sows a lot of envy from wife/fiance and she doens't want Penelope getting and taking what's hers from her.

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Are penelope and hannah scenes still there?

Btw very glad you are remastering it. I liked the first version very much actually.
Don't want to try the remaster until there's new content though.

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
Ok, so im going through the script and fixing some grammar and also putting the incest back in.
though, can somebody translate this for me cuz im drawing a blank at the moment...
Shadows over 001.png

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Nice to see this being reworked.

I saw same error four different times when i played with choices.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Glad to see Dev decided to rework and strip out some of the complexity rather than abandon. Will look out for future releases.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Ok, so im going through the script and fixing some grammar and also putting the incest back in.
though, can somebody translate this for me cuz im drawing a blank at the moment...
View attachment 485357
I think resit means people who retake a test/exam. This is a UK thing.

So she is saying that Mike covers the school when all the students are outside except the people retaking exams.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Because 1.0 is a rework with stripped portions to refocus the story, and it's incomplete as to what White Phantom wants to fully put out in the first place, its just that they've managed to get done at this moment.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes