VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I never knew all that thanks for the info on that i hope there is a patch for it one day.
If someone hasn't created one yet, it's unlikely to happen. You can always give it a go and manually edit the script, changing the names as well as anything else that doesn't quite fit. Will take some time but perhaps worth it

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Really enjoyed the game so far, can't wait for the Dev to come back to it. Honestly cannot decide between Hannah or Penelope, even Mercedes is starting to be more than just a FWB, especially as she'll be a mother soon. That said it was definitely messed up seeing Jessica's past and what a D-bag the MC was leaving her for Jane. Sure Jane was in a bind, but to do that to Jessica was all kinds of fucked up.

If/when the dev comes back to this game, really hoping Jessica wakes up and my MC can propose properly to her while apologizing for causing her so much pain. Honestly, this was the first time I surprised myself and avoided sexing up the fiancée/Jane at every opportunity. It's not her fault, she didn't do anything wrong other than unknowingly steal the MC from his college sweetheart. And while she's got a great pair of tits, I just personally felt no attraction to her whatsoever. Even Miss Miller & definitely Lieutenant McKenna were potential L.I. I would have loved to get closer to including some of the other side girls over being with Jane. I'd love to hope for more than just a single L.I. path/ending if possible given all the potential pregnancies.

As far as the likelihood of an incest patch, as much as I normally enjoy that kink, it really doesn't make sense in this story as the MC is unmarried but engaged to a woman with a teenage daughter that isn't his. I can't believe I'm saying this but not every game needs to have that kind of relationship. While stepdaughter isn't the same, it can still be pretty hot. The only way to force it in the game was to make Tanya the MC's sister and not Jane's sister. I mean its already kinda in there via Dusk's backstory hating her mom and sister for sending daddy to jail for sexing up his own daughter.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
If/when the dev comes back to this game, ...
I think he will. The title is good, it has good word of mouth and good receiving from the players. But not very soon to say the least. Defending Lidia Collier (which is, by the way, another very good game) is still pretty far from the final version.
I completely agree. You may already be familiar with the backstory, but basically this was (I believe) WhitePhantom's first game, and it was really great. But there was scope creep with successive versions, meaning specifically that there became too many LIs in the game to manage.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I understand that for some people, enough developers have given empty promises that can increase their skepticism of the future of a game when it goes into On Hold status. However, WP has been extremely transparent, very active on F95, and demonstrated commitment to what he's done so far. I have every confidence that he will jump back on The Manifest when DLC is finished.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I completely agree. You may already be familiar with the backstory, but basically this was (I believe) WhitePhantom's first game, and it was really great. But there was scope creep with successive versions, meaning specifically that there became too many LIs in the game to manage.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I understand that for some people, enough developers have given empty promises that can increase their skepticism of the future of a game when it goes into On Hold status. However, WP has been extremely transparent, very active on F95, and demonstrated commitment to what he's done so far. I have every confidence that he will jump back on The Manifest when DLC is finished.
Wow! That is a metric fuckton of potential L.I., would be a pity not to have a harem or even some throuple combinations with all those girls available. Well aside from not seeing any of the animations listed as a tag for this game, I honestly enjoyed what I've played immensely and look forward to more, even if it means starting over. As I mentioned before, I just hope not all L.I. are mutually exclusive as that would take waaay too long to replay to see every possible path.

That said, I may have to give DLC a look as I really enjoyed this story and the L.I. presented and am now curious what to expect from DLC.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
Now I understand why their has not been any updates for This game. It makes sense to finish one game instead of going back in forth. DLC is a great game so waiting on this one is fine.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Now I understand why their has not been any updates for This game. It makes sense to finish one game instead of going back in forth. DLC is a great game so waiting on this one is fine.
Sure, would have been great though if the one game he finished first was the one he started first (this one)

Reactions: Thrill Flares

yemiti3296

Aug 11, 2021
This one is better than DLC
I agree. This one doesn't have so many unnecessary complex relationships. If I wanted stupid consequences, I'd be living my boring and fucked up life, not playing video games. When I play adult games, I want the lifestyle I can't have, be tall, handsome, desirable, have lots of contacts, friends, and meet tons of girls I know won't dump me.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So .. what d”ya”ll wanna do with Mercedes?
get her outta that home she be struggling and skip town before the assassins get you?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Tanya my sweet cupcake. And Mercedes, and Jane or Isabella. I can't give a decide. Very beautiful game we needs more update than DLC.
Updates are based on Patreon polls. So far, the polls have made DLC win out. But no matter what, once that's done, WPG is meant to get back to SoM. So hopefully not a huge time longer, but I assume it will take several months yet at least.

silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
I can understand if Penelope and Mercedes are incompatible because the simply hate each other but I also think it'd be just as easy to imagine a scenario where they still hate each other and openly compete for MC or even one where they come to some sort of understanding. They are fictional characters after all.

At the same time, if you're going to cling to narrative reasons like that, then things they don't know about shouldn't effect them. It seems like, as it's coded now, you can't be on the full Penelope path if you've got Mercedes pregnant (I can't find a way to have both the "MercRomance" and the "PenRomance" variables). But if Penelope doesn't know you've done anything with Mercedes, why would it have any impact on the Penelope path?

Maybe I've missed something somewhere.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I can understand if Penelope and Mercedes are incompatible because the simply hate each other but I also think it'd be just as easy to imagine a scenario where they still hate each other and openly compete for MC or even one where they come to some sort of understanding. They are fictional characters after all.

At the same time, if you're going to cling to narrative reasons like that, then things they don't know about shouldn't effect them. It seems like, as it's coded now, you can't be on the full Penelope path if you've got Mercedes pregnant (I can't find a way to have both the "MercRomance" and the "PenRomance" variables). But if Penelope doesn't know you've done anything with Mercedes, why would it have any impact on the Penelope path?

Maybe I've missed something somewhere.
Because of how the MC has to act to be on the Mercedes path in the first place. Penelope and Hannah are best friends; she would never hook up with the MC if he's been an asshole to her friend. On the flip side, Mercedes wants to see the MC side with her (on the swimming, after volleyball, etc.). I can't see Mercedes being OK with a "tame" MC any more than I can see Penelope OK with what she perceives as a mean MC. No offense, but I think you're trying to force a possibility that would never be there.

silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
Because of how the MC has to act to be on the Mercedes path in the first place. Penelope and Hannah are best friends; she would never hook up with the MC if he's been an asshole to her friend. On the flip side, Mercedes wants to see the MC side with her (on the swimming, after volleyball, etc.). I can't see Mercedes being OK with a "tame" MC any more than I can see Penelope OK with what she perceives as a mean MC. No offense, but I think you're trying to force a possibility that would never be there.
Not trying to force anything. As I said, if they're simply incompatible long term so be it. But it's very possible to do stuff with Mercedes without Penelope knowing about it. Even if you take Hannah's panties and make her and Penelope strip at the beach, Penelope still comes on to you after the party and gives you the blowjob. Even if you don't make them strip, but did steal the panties before and were able to get Mercedes pregnant, you can send her a dick pic, buy her a toy, and get her video using it. She'll also obviously still be pregnant and come to you for help.

So what you're saying about needing to be a certain way is not reflected in the game right now. As it is, you can do all the requisites for both paths, the game just won't let you have both variables. If one or both of them find out the MC is not really the way they like, then yeah you're right. But the game needs to show that, not just have a meta condition where you can't get both.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Not trying to force anything. As I said, if they're simply incompatible long term so be it. But it's very possible to do stuff with Mercedes without Penelope knowing about it. Even if you take Hannah's panties and make her and Penelope strip at the beach, Penelope still comes on to you after the party and gives you the blowjob. Even if you don't make them strip, but did steal the panties before and were able to get Mercedes pregnant, you can send her a dick pic, buy her a toy, and get her video using it. She'll also obviously still be pregnant and come to you for help.

So what you're saying about needing to be a certain way is not reflected in the game right now. As it is, you can do all the requisites for both paths, the game just won't let you have both variables. If one or both of them find out the MC is not really the way they like, then yeah you're right. But the game needs to show that, not just have a meta condition where you can't get both.
I still consider that a forced attempt at multiple romances that would never happen, but I do agree that you could try both as long as the other doesn't find out about it. But, this is a school setting. I would assume word has already gotten out, even if a character hasn't said anything yet. We're only seeing things from the MC's perspective, so we really have no idea what has or has not been communicated between other characters. And since you're digging into the code to see what variable control character responses, you're clearly trying to find a way to work around the intended paths somehow.

Since the game is incomplete, we have no idea what later dialogue or other events will come that may be a direct reflection on current activities. Maybe the next release has Penelope saying something like, "And I know damn well you're screwing Mercedes, so you can piss right off!" Maybe the game doesn't reflect this enough for you, but I personally feel like it's very well reflective, given that I haven't tried to build some kind of multi-romance arrangement / harem in my playthroughs.

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
How do I get this D3Wifebaby? Doesn't show anywhere how to get it can't see this scene jumps straight to watch tv and go to the police.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes