• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
Ive seen the models used before, like in "the writers visit" i think, but that is actually a good thing. It looks different then the 1001 Daz3d and Illusion using games, so art style wise you got my attention.

Good luck, and as said above, don't let the trolls and haters get you to lose interest in your first game. Most of us do understand that with time you can only improve.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
what kind of incest will there be in this game: brother and sister, mother and child?
yes..... but who is alita? and is she hidden in the unfinished basement? and why? and, what about naomi? << not in the game, i just wonder how many will get this reference haha

oh yes since english isn't your native language, just a hint, use say instead of tell. ex: you tell me that now? would be correct.... you tell to me that? incorrect, you say to me. correct.

Reactions: 0ptimus

0ptimus

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
yes..... but who is alita? and is she hidden in the unfinished basement? and why? and, what about naomi? << not in the game, i just wonder how many will get this reference haha

oh yes since english isn't your native language, just a hint, use say instead of tell. ex: you tell me that now? would be correct.... you tell to me that? incorrect, you say to me. correct.
Alita? Don't know...maybe... we'll see .
Thanks for the tip!

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017

Alita sounds to me to be an imaginary friend or perhaps an alter ego for Olivia.
Your Naomi reference just weeds out the youngsters among us. Carol Burnett's "As the Stomach Turns" skits came to mind immediately. Hmmm... I wonder how well a RomCom game with the same name would go over.

Definitely needs a proof reader and the use of an English spell checker, though. Still understandable, but some lines are hard to read (it does kind of break immersion when you read a line and Yoda's voice pops into your head).

Graphics, except for that first screen (vehicles look like some kind of cross from the Jetsons cartoons and Mad Max, and the incomplete whatever-that-is in the street in front of the house), are... passable. The character designs do kind of grow on you the longer you play.
My only real complaint is the MC's hair. It looks like he's wearing a wig over a knappy skull cap.

Some small inconsistencies in the story line as well.
It's a 7 hour trip to arrive at the manor, but his mother is waiting at the FBI office immediately after the arrest when it would have been immediate, spur of the moment event.
When he leaves with his mother, they immediately hit the road. Maybe add a single scene or dialogue where the FBI agent has him pack a bag before they leave for the office. Otherwise, he arrives with no luggage and no clothes except what he was wearing at the time.
She already has a room remodeled for him even though she would have had no prior knowledge of him being found.
The MC is using a name that apparently wasn't his given name, but Iris Angela knows his name when they first meet.
Edit: even though they are said to rarely leave the manor, yet Angela has tats?

Overall, not a bad first release and the amount of content is more than a lot of games reach months after their initial release - if ever. The only "bug" I saw was the Rebecca event I'd mentioned on the prior page.

Last edited:

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Alita sounds to me to be an imaginary friend or perhaps an alter ego for Olivia.
Your Naomi reference just weeds out the youngsters among us. Carol Burnett's "As the Stomach Turns" skits came to mind immediately. Hmmm... I wonder how well a RomCom game with the same name would go over.

Definitely needs a proof reader and the use of an English spell checker, though. Still understandable, but some lines are hard to read (it does kind of break immersion when you read a line and Yoda's voice pops into your head).

Graphics, except for that first screen (vehicles look like some kind of cross from the Jetsons cartoons and Mad Max, and the incomplete whatever-that-is in the street in front of the house), are... passable. The character designs do kind of grow on you the longer you play.
My only real complaint is the MC's hair. It looks like he's wearing a wig over a knappy skull cap.

Some small inconsistencies in the story line as well.
It's a 7 hour trip to arrive at the manor, but his mother is waiting at the FBI office immediately after the arrest when it would have been immediate, spur of the moment event.
When he leaves with his mother, they immediately hit the road. Maybe add a single scene or dialogue where the FBI agent has him pack a bag before they leave for the office. Otherwise, he arrives with no luggage and no clothes except what he was wearing at the time.
She already has a room remodeled for him even though she would have had no prior knowledge of him being found.
The MC is using a name that apparently wasn't his given name, but Iris knows his name when they first meet.
Edit: even though they are said to rarely leave the manor, yet Angela has tats?

Overall, not a bad first release and the amount of content is more than a lot of games reach months after their initial release - if ever. The only "bug" I saw was the Rebecca event I'd mentioned on the prior page.
haha yea that was funny but not where the reference comes from, it's from the electric company's 'love of chair' skit naomi was the director or someone involved with making the show.
also you can youtube the clips of it haha it was so ridiculous it was funny back then.

also i miss johnny carson's 'edge of wetness' skit

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
haha yea that was funny but not where the reference comes from, it's from the electric company's 'love of chair' skit naomi was the director or someone involved with making the show.
also you can youtube the clips of it haha it was so ridiculous it was funny back then.

also i miss johnny carson's 'edge of wetness' skit
God, now I really feel old - maybe because I am. As the Stomach Turns predates that by about 5 years and that was the ending line for every episode. Mom was a big Carol Burnett fan and we watched it every week.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Some small inconsistencies in the storyline as well.
It's a 7 hour trip to arrive at the manor, but his mother is waiting at the FBI office immediately after the arrest when it would have been an immediate, spur of the moment event.
Man, is this site turning into Geritol hour? and a one and a two... :LOL:

It's good to see us boomers interested in this modern genre. ;)

I see this issue in many foreign made games. the cultural differences hinder the storytelling and also the less experienced storyteller. There can be all sorts of reasoning about the timeline inconsistency. In the AVN world, over-explaining bogs down the story. (I've been accused of being an over-explainer, but let me explain why that is an unfair statement.):LOL:

For example, the time between Joseph killing the MC's dad and where the story starts could have been weeks or months. just saying. The reason this all happens is my head scratcher. Joseph going to get money from the people he's been avoiding for 17 years. :unsure: But I shouldn't get bogged down in those things.

I think the game has promise, including AI is cool IMO. Right now, we are experiencing the evaluation of a different medium for storytelling. We are in the midst of change.

Reactions: 0ptimus

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Man, is this site turning into Geritol hour? and a one and a two... :LOL:

It's good to see us boomers interested in this modern genre. ;)

I see this issue in many foreign made games. the cultural differences hinder the storytelling and also the less experienced storyteller. There can be all sorts of reasoning about the timeline inconsistency. In the AVN world, over-explaining bogs down the story. (I've been accused of being an over-explainer, but let me explain why that is an unfair statement.):LOL:

For example, the time between Joseph killing the MC's dad and where the story starts could have been weeks or months. just saying. The reason this all happens is my head scratcher. Joseph going to get money from the people he's been avoiding for 17 years. :unsure: But I shouldn't get bogged down in those things.

I think the game has promise, including AI is cool IMO. Right now, we are experiencing the evaluation of a different medium for storytelling. We are in the midst of change.
Come to think of it, most of the inconsistencies right now could be explained away with a single line of dialogue.
Something along the lines of:

Rebecca's already being there - FBI Agent: "We called your real mother this morning when we found out where you where. Go inside and pack your clothes for the trip to your real home." - it does take time to assemble and brief a team, get the warrant, wait on the perp to arrive, etc., and it kills two birds with one stone (clothes issue).

Remodeled room - Rebecca: "The FBI Agent in charge of your father's case told me that he suspected that the same man might have been responsible for your disappearance. Hoping beyond hope, I had your father's office remodeled into a bedroom for you."

Angela (not Iris) knows his name - instead of "You are [mc_name] I presume?", use the default name "You are Conrad, I presume?" and another few lines of code to give his proper response (mc_name is just a guess at the code used)
Code:
if [mc_name] = "Conrad":
    mc_name "Yes! Nice to meet you! You already know me?" #current line
else:
    mc_name "I suppose so, but I've been known as [mc_name] as long as I can remember. Nice to meet you!"
Then drop the "Yes!" (doesn't make sense either way) from her next line to make it "My mother told me she was going to bring you back yesterday."

Angela's tats - somewhere in the current or future dialogues have the MC ask about them. She replies somewhere along the lines of staying with her aunt and cousin the summer before and having them done... "Mom was really pissed off about it." (or not)

As far as Joseph going to see his father? Who knows? Most criminals are pretty dim bulbs to begin with. :unsure:

Oh... I couldn't stand Lawrence Welk, but mom loved him.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
DeUglyOne

Those are good points you make. Except for the Lawrence Wel crack, I'll let it go this time, but.... :LOL:
I had a connection to LW. His guitar player live next door to us for a while, and I was star struck.:love:
He was an odd older gentleman of German heritage, very regimented, and had a funny mustache. ;)

Yeah, it's an inexperienced writer thing. Also, they do not put much thought into less important dialogue.

I took a shot at the killing of his "real father."
am.c "Your real father and mother never stopped searching you. Last month, Joseph made a mistake. He contacted your real father and tried to extort money from him."
am.c "He agreed, and Joseph said to meet at a certain place. When they met, Joseph was injured by your "father" badly and took the money, but before he died, Joseph wrote down the name of his killer.

That keeps a similar line of dialogue but sounds more believable.

A Russin DEV wants me to team up on his first game. It's a dark story and very entwined.
I tried to tell him to keep it simple for the first game but is going ahead with it.
I turned him down. I know where that ship is sailing or more like sinking. :sneaky:

Cryptist

Aug 20, 2020
I commend you for pretty good graphics and animations in your first game. The play is simple enough not too grindy.

I have played for several hours, and have 1 lust on Olivia and Alyssa, but don't seem to be making much progress on the others. Should I just keep doing the same actions? How far can we take the lust points, and is it a matter of repeating actions to accumulate some kind of count?

I think you are doing well with the game. Don't let the trolls wear you down.

Reactions: deuteronomy1956

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
I commend you for pretty good graphics and animations in your first game. The play is simple enough not too grindy.

I have played for several hours, and have 1 lust on Olivia and Alyssa, but don't seem to be making much progress on the others. Should I just keep doing the same actions? How far can we take the lust points, and is it a matter of repeating actions to accumulate some kind of count?

That's all I'd been able to get as well. Once I got their affection and love points maxed, they just had a default action wherever I found them on the map. I think we'll need to wait for the next chapter before we can get more or be able to get the advantage of having them. I did a quick thumb through of the code and didn't see any lust variables being used as a qualifier yet.

Edit: Blind as a bat and on autopilot at 2am when I'd looked originally.

Going to their rooms at night (What to do before sleep?), the second option changes from the previous leave option.
Olivia - "OK, princess, but don't go away in the morning." - wakes you with a hand job.
Alyssa - "Want some proteins?" - blow job

==========================
0ptimus
As I was thumbing through the code, I noticed a major error on your part.

Each paper doll/overlay is being loaded with "show" with no matching "hide" following.
Code:
label using_show_hide:
    scene bg1
    show pd1
    mc "blah, blah, blah"
    hide pd1
    show pd2
    npc "blah, blah, blah"
    hide pd2
    scene bg2
Not using "hide" will leave every paper doll/overlay picture loaded in memory. Depending on each user's system memory, this can cause slowdowns or even crashing as the memory is filled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cryptist

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
how do you get thelast scene with rebecca in the living room (shes always with olivia)? ive gone through a month with nothing new can someone help? thanks

0ptimus

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020

Hello and thank you for your support!
Lust points basically unlock new dialogue/scene when you pay a visit to the girl at night.
There is currently just 1 for Alyssa and Olivia.

0ptimus

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
how do you get thelast scene with rebecca in the living room (shes always with olivia)? ive gone through a month with nothing new can someone help? thanks
It seems this one must be corrected, at night you have to go in the living room instead of her room to trigger it.
I will fix it in the next update.

0ptimus

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
That's all I'd been able to get as well. Once I got their affection and love points maxed, they just had a default action wherever I found them on the map. I think we'll need to wait for the next chapter before we can get more or be able to get the advantage of having them. I did a quick thumb through of the code and didn't see any lust variables being used as a qualifier yet.

==========================
0ptimus
As I was thumbing through the code, I noticed a major error on your part.

Each paper doll/overlay is being loaded with "show" with no matching "hide" following.
Code:
label using_show_hide:
    scene bg1
    show pd1
    mc "blah, blah, blah"
    hide pd1
    show pd2
    npc "blah, blah, blah"
    hide pd2
    scene bg2
Not using "hide" will leave every paper doll/overlay picture loaded in memory. Depending on each user's system memory, this can cause slowdowns or even crashing as the memory is filled.
Thanks for the advice, as I learn new things everyday, I know I should make some polish in the code.

3.20 star(s) 13 Votes