Others None The memory a robot girl spins, #1 #2, Translation tools (Needed to tl game. Extra translator needed!)

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
I think you're mixing a couple of things here, but congrats on getting it working somehow!

Textractor is it's own tool that hooks into games to translate what it finds.
Sugoi Autotranslator is a translator we use here to translate stuff without needing internet. You CAN hook it up to textractor or translator++, but they work without it (and probably better too).
Translator++ is yet another tool to dig through (mostly RPG Maker) games and find text which then makes you able to translate it before putting it back together (either by hand or using sugoi autotranslator, or something else like google, bing, yandex, ...). This one doesn't work well here since Translator++ doesn't know the game engine used here.

The way i programmed it, it's supposed to show the translation outside of the game, so it doesn't lag. That's why in the file src/Window_BattleMessage.rb & src/Window_Message the translate-function is defined with "new Thead"

Code:
  require 'net/http'
  require 'json'
  require 'uri'
  def translate(text)
    Thread.new do
      uri = URI('http://localhost:14366/')
      Net::HTTP.start(uri.host, uri.port, :use_ssl => uri.scheme == 'https') do |http|
        request = Net::HTTP::Post.new(uri, 'Content-Type' => 'application/json')
        request.body = {message:"translate sentences",content:text}.to_json
        response = http.request request
        return response.body
      end
    end
  end
That's why I said using textractor does the same thing.

If you want to see it in game (which will cause massive lag) you'll need to copy-paste devokin's code into the files. Just overwrite the functions with what he wrote (it's 4 functions in total, 2 in each file). The add_message functions here are used by the game to display some text, we just hooked up a translate function into it to get us the translation.

edit: also for context: sugoi autotranslator offline mode (which is used here) hosts its own server locally for your machine. that's why the HTTP.start stuff is being done in the code. The idea was to prevent lag by having to wait for calls over the internet, which might not respond with a translation, but a rejection. Turns out it's too slow though

edit2: also, just in case you got it mixed up, notepad++ is just a better text-editor, nothing to do with translations.
Have you gotten devokin's code to work? If so can you share your devokin's files?

I cannot get the english text to appear in the game which was my goal. Do you think the lag makes it unplayable? If its really bad lag, i guess its not worth it.

I already am able to display english outside the game using translation aggregator so i never really got excited about that.

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
I managed to make a very crude mtl myself with the help of someone who wishes not to be named. If someone can tell me how to upload a game, I can get it uploaded.

you can zip/compress the file up in 7z or winrar and upload to gofile.io

when you complete the zip up of the directory it will be a .7z or .rar file, then you can upload here free:

Last edited:

Jsone

Nov 25, 2018
I managed to make a very crude mtl myself with the help of someone who wishes not to be named. If someone can tell me how to upload a game, I can get it uploaded.
Did you ever manage to upload it? I'm definitely interested in an MTL of this game, even if it's crude.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Quite Frankly

qwertdewq

Aug 2, 2018
Just figured you can mtl it with translator++, but unfortunately got stuck in comma hell with map folder. Even after deleting all of them from a jp sentence it still inserts comma inside after translating and sometimes it doesn't put it in the end, after quotation mark, which I think breaks the game. I have no idea why it does it or how I can find missing or extra without touching needed commas and I have no will to fix it one by one. Gonna think on a solution more but if someone knows it please tell me.

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
Just figured you can mtl it with translator++, but unfortunately got stuck in comma hell with map folder. Even after deleting all of them from a jp sentence it still inserts comma inside after translating and sometimes it doesn't put it in the end, after quotation mark, which I think breaks the game. I have no idea why it does it or how I can find missing or extra without touching needed commas and I have no will to fix it one by one. Gonna think on a solution more but if someone knows it please tell me.
wish i could help, all i can think of is export to excel and maybe run a macro to delete commas, then convert to csv and import back to the tool? ,which is still a lot of work.

Last edited:

qwertdewq

Aug 2, 2018
wish i could help, all i can think of is export to excel and maybe run a macro to delete commas, then convert to csv and import back to the tool? ,which is still a lot of work.
Deleting all commas is not a problem, it can be done in notepad++ too but while deleting I also need to keep some of the existing ones otherwise game is gonna crash and also put some of them back after translator deletes them for some reason. Sorry if I got you wrong, maybe there is a macro to target them somehow but that is a bit beyond me. Thanks =)

TheLoliRealm

Jan 4, 2022
Are you using the patch?

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
Deleting all commas is not a problem, it can be done in notepad++ too but while deleting I also need to keep some of the existing ones otherwise game is gonna crash and also put some of them back after translator deletes them for some reason. Sorry if I got you wrong, maybe there is a macro to target them somehow but that is a bit beyond me. Thanks =)
Is just skipping the map folder entirely a solution? Maybe there is a way to delete that folder before importing to translator++ so the software can't fuck with that folder and get stuck in loading hell when you run the translation script? i just care about the dialogue text anyways, and can simply use capture2text to translate other hard to get stuff if i really want. If you are willing to share a translated version you've got, I'm sure everyone here would be happy with even just a dialogue translated version. Hell, I would buy it off you. If I want to play it now as it is, i use a combination of agth and translation aggregator in a separate window when i run the game. I don't have a paid version of translator++ because i just use mtool translator softly mostly and the reipatcherunity translator which are free softwares for basic versions.

qwertdewq

Aug 2, 2018
Is just skipping the map folder entirely a solution? Maybe there is a way to delete that folder before importing to translator++ so the software can't fuck with that folder and get stuck in loading hell when you run the translation script? i just care about the dialogue text anyways, and can simply use capture2text to translate other hard to get stuff if i really want. If you are willing to share a translated version you've got, I'm sure everyone here would be happy with even just a dialogue translated version. Hell, I would buy it off you. If I want to play it now as it is, i use a combination of agth and translation aggregator in a separate window when i run the game. I don't have a paid version of translator++ because i just use mtool translator softly mostly and the reipatcherunity translator which are free softwares for basic versions.
Maps can be ignored and the rest can be done very easily as far as I'm aware. Actually figured out a way to make maps work or at the very least my game doesn't crash at the start. There might be future problems with it later in the game tho. Was thinking on posting it after I finish playing and making sure it all works because it doesn't seem like anyone is willing to make an actual translation and my mtl can at least be edited to make it better for others.
Also getting payed does sound nice but I can't really take money honestly because I would have never done it without the patch to make it editable to begin with so it's not really fair but thanks anyways. =)
Are you using the patch?
Yupp.

qwertdewq

Aug 2, 2018
how do you run the patch when you are in python? I'm not a programmer.
I installed Python, placed patch into game folder as the second post said and double clicked it and it worked. I'm not a programmer either, just keep clicking things until they work :D

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
I installed Python, placed patch into game folder as the second post said and double clicked it and it worked. I'm not a programmer either, just keep clicking things until they work :D

so you opened the patch with python basically? i already screwed my game up once doing the patch before so i'm not sure i'm going to do it again, thank you though, to me its very tricky

qwertdewq

Aug 2, 2018
so you opened the patch with python basically? i already screwed my game up once doing the patch before so i'm not sure i'm going to do it again, thank you though, to me its very tricky
Oh, I break games all the time trying to make my way with them. You can always create a copy to try and do stuff and delete it later if it's not gonna work out. The way patching was explained at the start of this topic is patch supposed to do stuff to files in map folder to make it editable and put them inside map-editable folder. After that is done game is going to ignore map folder and only use files from map-editable. So now that I think about it people are probably gonna have to run that patch themselves to use MTL I was doing but maybe there is a way to work around it. No idea.
If patch is doing something weird for you or not doing what it supposed to - sorry. I have no idea how any of it works internally.

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
Oh, I break games all the time trying to make my way with them. You can always create a copy to try and do stuff and delete it later if it's not gonna work out. The way patching was explained at the start of this topic is patch supposed to do stuff to files in map folder to make it editable and put them inside map-editable folder. After that is done game is going to ignore map folder and only use files from map-editable. So now that I think about it people are probably gonna have to run that patch themselves to use MTL I was doing but maybe there is a way to work around it. No idea.
If patch is doing something weird for you or not doing what it supposed to - sorry. I have no idea how any of it works internally.

thank you for being friendly, at this point i'm really just grasping at straws to be socialable anyways. I'm able to play it with agth and textractor if i really want to but tbh its just not fun to do that anymore because i hate reading in a differnent window and constantly trying to figure out what the menus mean from the interpreter and then you get old, and its like "f" it i can't enjoy this lol its just too hard and now i'm too old.

This game is kind of a pain in the butt, there are multiple mergers to be done because there are multiple parts to be downloaded from dlsite and just combining it into 1 game is a lot of work in itself to me because i don't know japanese. So trying to hack it to translate is like a whole new layer of difficulty, thats why i say I'm willing to just buy a MTL version off of someone already who is good with translator++ or whatever they use, call my lazy but its just too many steps for me on my own and I "F" it up, because like you said, deleting the commas and not doing something else totally messes up the effort to translate and recompile which i think is what probably happened to me the first time i did it and then tried to run the fully consolidated (part 1, part 2, part 3) game after.

You almost need to just replace all the commas with a unique other symbol and then just leave all those shitty symbols in the code and run like a translate script to translate the rest of the words while ignoring that special symbol, and then after when done replace the whatever you replaced the "," with, symbol back to the "," symbol to get the game to work.

Last edited:

qwertdewq

Aug 2, 2018
thank you for being friendly, at this point i'm really just grasping at straws to be socialable anyways. I'm able to play it with agth and textractor if i really want to but tbh its just not fun to do that anymore because i hate reading in a differnent window and constantly trying to figure out what the menus mean from the interpreter and then you get old, and its like "f" it i can't enjoy this lol its just too hard and now i'm too old.

This game is kind of a pain in the butt, there are multiple mergers to be done because there are multiple parts to be downloaded from dlsite and just combining it into 1 game is a lot of work in itself to me because i don't know japanese. So trying to hack it to translate is like a whole new layer of difficulty, thats why i say I'm willing to just buy a MTL version off of someone already who is good with translator++ or whatever they use, call my lazy but its just too many steps for me on my own and I "F" it up, because like you said, deleting the commas and not doing something else totally messes up the effort to translate and recompile which i think is what probably happened to me the first time i did it and then tried to run the fully consolidated (part 1, part 2, part 3) game after.

You almost need to just replace all the commas with a unique other symbol and then just leave all those shitty symbols in the code and run like a translate script to translate the rest of the words while ignoring that special symbol, and then after when done replace the whatever you replaced the "," with, symbol back to the "," symbol to get the game to work.
I totally get you, that's why I never played this game as well. Having it in a different window is just to annoying to deal with. I had 0 problems with folders, except for map and tutorial (but it was a minor thing). I just put them into translator and pressed a button. Had to learn and put simplest regex ever tho but it wasn't really hard.
That's pretty much what I did with replacing stuff. I ended up with "-!-" but before replacing it with "," had to delete all the "," translator put in. Had to deal with quotation marks later tho :D
I think right now game might be playable. Just unlocked plugins and no crashes or errors into the game so far but maybe there will be some later.

qwertdewq

Aug 2, 2018
MTL is probably fine. Please read if you are interested in it.
1. Old saves are probably not gonna work properly. I tried using saves from this thread and in some instances game crashed so you'll need to start a new game
2. I didn't full clear the game - there could still be problems with it in some weird places I didn't check. If your game crashes - please put your save here and tell me how it happened so I might fix it.

How to apply: copy second game patch into your game directory and use it, after copy the data folder into the game directory replacing all files.

Additionally you might wanna change your font to something else. I have no idea how monitors or resolutions play into it so pick it on your own. You should have some in c:/windows/fonts directory or you can download some from the internet. To change letter size I couldn't think of anything better besides using FontForge - it's small, free, easy to use and have 5 minute youtube tutorials.

I don't think I will do anything with 3rd part, maybe someone else is gonna do it. Good luck.