BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Now I must say that I generally dislike hypnotism, it just feels wrong to me, but that is my morals and only relevant to show that I was not completely on board when I started playing through this story. That being said I am also not too big on mostly POV stories either. Okay, so we have established that there was an uphill climb for this early but now I really must say that I enjoyed what I have gotten to experience thus far.

I am inferring here but I feel that the writer feels the same way I do about people who would abuse such powers as we have in this because after they always die from it, but I may be wrong in this regard. I enjoy that we have to work to become stronger instead of instantly behaving like the savages that most of us are. I really like and forgive the comparison, the Assassin Creed style flashbacks, if these could not only keep coming but have smaller stories hidden for us to find in free roam, that would be amazing.

I sometimes struggle to connect with the stories that I am presented but this one while slightly offputting in the beginning (Corrine is a real friend huh) by the time I was done with the conversation with the stranger, I was hooked. I genuinely would like to know more about this world even if that meant less lewd content. Don't misunderstand I enjoy the lewd content already present, just saying that I think the concept may be good enough to stand without it. Honestly, the story feels like a mixture of "John Wick" and "The Tomorrow People".

Next, I must comment on the visuals and the gameplay as it were. While sometimes not perfect, I feel that most of what was presented here was beautifully rendered and well put together. The parts that are lacking are the side characters and stock locations that could use some customization, namely the kitchen and bathroom at the least. But the movements of the models are gorgeous. I also enjoyed the updated navigation with the arrows being named. The sound effects are greatly used but the music certainly needs some attention.

All in all, I enjoyed what I got to play and look forward to future updates as I am certain that this will be very entertaining. One last thing before I go though and this is just for my own curiosity. The "power level" display of an Egyptian woman feels it is saying that the power comes from Ancient Egypt but given that the One was around back then as well, I feel that it is older than that. Does anyone know if the devs have said anything in relation to the origin they thought of for this? I doubt it but I thought that taking the chance to ask wouldn't hurt.
Sometimes when I want to hit a new game I check out what An Ace Among Men has written about.. Although he doesn't know it he hasn't steered me wrong yet. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: An Ace Among Men
Oct 8, 2019
Sometimes when I want to hit a new game I check out what An Ace Among Men has written about.. Although he doesn't know it he hasn't steered me wrong yet. :)
Had I known you wanted more recommendations, I would have written more about all of the others I have been playing haha. I swear amigo, I have downloaded and deleted about 200 gigs this month alone. Side note, did you like Summer Scent?

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Had I known you wanted more recommendations, I would have written more about all of the others I have been playing haha. I swear amigo, I have downloaded and deleted about 200 gigs this month alone. Side note, did you like Summer Scent?
Yeah.. like that one. :) I clicked on your name and read some of your comments.. went down the rabbit hole on several of them and no disappointments to date.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Then I recommend The Price of Power next but wait about a week for chapter two. But since we're here did you get the Assassin's Creed vibe from The Mind Society too? Or is that just me?
Never played Assasin's Creed.. but do know what you're talking about. Getting ready to go crazy playing games very shortly.. been a few years since I bought a new system and just blew a chunk for a new setup that arrived today.. not listing it all but here is the main parts..

ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-10900K Processor (10x 3.70 GHz /20MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER DEEPCOOL GAMERSTORM RGB 240mm CASTLE 240EX Liquid Cooler
Memory16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4 3200MHz ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 8GB GDDR6 - MSI Gaming X Trio (VR-Ready)

I feel Cyberpunk 2077 in my future... amongst a few others. :) Yeah, I've arrived to my 'happy place'. Edit: Just double checked.. I've played Price of Power and enjoy that one also.. still batting 100% off what I get from you..

Oct 8, 2019
Never played Assasin's Creed.. but do know what you're talking about. Getting ready to go crazy playing games very shortly.. been a few years since I bought a new system and just blew a chunk for a new setup that arrived today.. not listing it all but here is the main parts..

ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-10900K Processor (10x 3.70 GHz /20MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER DEEPCOOL GAMERSTORM RGB 240mm CASTLE 240EX Liquid Cooler
Memory16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4 3200MHz ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 8GB GDDR6 - MSI Gaming X Trio (VR-Ready)

I feel Cyberpunk 2077 in my future... amongst a few others. :) Yeah, I've arrived to my 'happy place'. Edit: Just double checked.. I've played Price of Power and enjoy that one also.. still batting 100% off what I get from you..
Not a bad system but you're gonna hate my new one. I'm on my phone so I can't format the list though.

Anyway, i9 Processor, gigabyte 490 xtreme motherboard, 64gb ram (16x4), EVGA geforce 3080 rtx gpu and all new chair, mouse monitors etc. But I bought mine mostly for development and not for gaming. Well I bought most of mine, still waiting on the damn graphics card to come back in stock otherwise I just have 3k worth of nice paper weights.

I have to tell ya though, don't expect too much from Cyberpunk. No I'm not talking about bugs either. The story has a few let's call them missteps and although there are some characters i really liked i was not a fan of most of the game, particularly the first person pov in what is definitely a third person game.

• Red Heart

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Not a bad system but you're gonna hate my new one. I'm on my phone so I can't format the list though.

Anyway, i9 Processor, gigabyte 490 xtreme motherboard, 64gb ram (16x4), EVGA geforce 3080 rtx gpu and all new chair, mouse monitors etc. But I bought mine mostly for development and not for gaming. Well I bought most of mine, still waiting on the damn graphics card to come back in stock otherwise I just have 3k worth of nice paper weights.

I have to tell ya though, don't expect too much from Cyberpunk. No I'm not talking about bugs either. The story has a few let's call them missteps and although there are some characters i really liked i was not a fan of most of the game, particularly the first person pov in what is definitely a third person game.
NICE! I waited a couple months for 3080 then couldn't stand the wait anymore and went with the 3070.. Gaming and entertainment rig for me, just couldn't pull the trigger on the 3090 difference in price.

Every now and then I read about a game I just REALLY want to play.. Cyberpunk hit me that way.. Last one that I was all in about like this was - Kingdom Come: Deliverance - :) had a lot of fun with that one.

Oct 8, 2019
NICE! I waited a couple months for 3080 then couldn't stand the wait anymore and went with the 3070.. Gaming and entertainment rig for me, just couldn't pull the trigger on the 3090 difference in price.

Every now and then I read about a game I just REALLY want to play.. Cyberpunk hit me that way.. Last one that I was all in about like this was - Kingdom Come: Deliverance - :) had a lot of fun with that one.
Now see I love Kingdom Come. The characters, the becoming a warrior, and given where we're discussing this, the love stories with both the countess and the farm girl. My only real problem with the game is that it became extremely easy after I figured out how to use the bow.

Cyberpunk for me though, I was never hyped for it and only bought it because I knew that would be what everyone was talking about. I ran into the only true game breaking bug I have ever experienced at 13 hours in and had to restart. But even after that, I dislike nearly every character that wasn't a Nomad. Don't even get me started on your "best friend" Jackie Wells. I finished it a while ago and while I see what they were going for I just feel that it does not succeed. I say that to avoid spoilers.

No personally my big game from last year was Ghost of Tsushima.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Now see I love Kingdom Come. The characters, the becoming a warrior, and given where we're discussing this, the love stories with both the countess and the farm girl. My only real problem with the game is that it became extremely easy after I figured out how to use the bow.

Cyberpunk for me though, I was never hyped for it and only bought it because I knew that would be what everyone was talking about. I ran into the only true game breaking bug I have ever experienced at 13 hours in and had to restart. But even after that, I dislike nearly every character that wasn't a Nomad. Don't even get me started on your "best friend" Jackie Wells. I finished it a while ago and while I see what they were going for I just feel that it does not succeed. I say that to avoid spoilers.

No personally my big game from last year was Ghost of Tsushima.
care to elaborate what all of this has to do with "The Mind Society" game thread? if you can't please go to an off topic/dms thread as this is nothing to do with the game for a while now.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Color me surprised, I thought the topic here was about The Mind Society.

*reads OP*

Why yes, it IS about The Mind Society.

Let's get back on topic, folks.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
care to elaborate what all of this has to do with "The Mind Society" game thread? if you can't please go to an off topic/dms thread as this is nothing to do with the game for a while now.
Color me surprised, I thought the topic here was about The Mind Society.

*reads OP*

Why yes, it IS about The Mind Society.

Let's get back on topic, folks.
Sorry.. went all bromance. The Mind Society is a top ten to me.. graphics and story have me interested and waiting for updates.. Everytime it show up on the 'Latest Updates' I jump all over it. Just Patreoned the game for two reasons.. one, it's great.. and two, for going off topic.

Reactions: lionmc and fried

creepycat

Aug 17, 2020
this update stopped at bridgette rewarding you for helping her steal something after sending a guard to check on his wife.but i see that i havent come across some pics in the OP.So is it choices i missed or for some reason i cant play the rest of the game,i.e, a patreon login or something?i played the mac version btw.

PuroBogotà

Jul 8, 2020
this update stopped at bridgette rewarding you for helping her steal something after sending a guard to check on his wife.but i see that i havent come across some pics in the OP.So is it choices i missed or for some reason i cant play the rest of the game,i.e, a patreon login or something?i played the mac version btw.
Some of the pics in the OP are not in the game yet.

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
it is possible that it could be, another stone story, she was a french boss girl with a civilization game, she is my favorite, I'm afraid of my MAX, it doesn't look good for him, I think the master wants his super power, we'll see, the story is great, even the girls, the scenes are perfect (I like the muscular alexadra) I can't wait for the April update, thank you :p

Reactions: lionmc

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Cash rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. , get da money
Dolla dolla bills, yoh!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Jesus F Christ!!!!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, exactly what I meant.

OK, I've replayed the scene like 7 times now. Time to move on, I believe that blonde chick has something to tell me and I've been making her wait for a while.

4.40 star(s) 128 Votes