RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Dude this game is pretty darn good but you should stop making that much little content updates with just constant teasing... All girls hot, story seems interesting yes animations and quality need some work but still actualy problem is how updates have less content...

Kay_Kay

Aug 31, 2019
You are not a "lion", you are a 'just born lion cub" only. FYI male lions kill other lion cubs.
Yeah and i imagine Bridgette is a male lion, right? Wait, she's just someone else's slave lol. Ok, let's disregard Bridgette, then his step mother? No sort of powers whatsoever. His school friends? Again, no sort of powers whatsoever and it has been shown that his powers work on them, but he shows no drive, no nothing.

For someone with a mind control power he sure seems to be fine with doing absolutely nothing and letting people dictate his life decisions. And it's even worse considering we had a long ass flashback to show him just of how much he's capable of (ancestor flashback). There's no need to defend poor writing, he's a trash MC that brings the story down, unfortunately.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Yeah.... this update was... alright?

There was like no choices for anything. Not a fan of all the forced stuff and making the MC use their powers without our say so. The whole first part was fine with choices and such, letting us choose to use our power as well. This update, we get raped without choice and then we are forced to use our powers to do what? Make girls get topless? What happened to giving us the choice for these things?

Really enjoyed this game, until this last update. Rather large letdown sorry.

memonto_mori

Aug 19, 2020

There was like no choices for anything. Not a fan of all the forced stuff and making the MC use their powers without our say so. The whole first part was fine with choices and such, letting us choose to use our power as well. This update, we get raped without choice and then we are forced to use our powers to do what? Make girls get topless? What happened to giving us the choice for these things?

another true comment

memonto_mori

Aug 19, 2020
Yeah and i imagine Bridgette is a male lion, right? Wait, she's just someone else's slave lol. Ok, let's disregard Bridgette, then his step mother? No sort of powers whatsoever. His school friends? Again, no sort of powers whatsoever and it has been shown that his powers work on them, but he shows no drive, no nothing.

For someone with a mind control power he sure seems to be fine with doing absolutely nothing and letting people dictate his life decisions. And it's even worse considering we had a long ass flashback to show him just of how much he's capable of (ancestor flashback). There's no need to defend poor writing, he's a trash MC that brings the story down, unfortunately.
not much will change after this time if they go with this head

Dec 27, 2020

That's what I mean. He has little to no drive.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I am saying this because this game could be 4 out of 5 it has potential, but you are absolutely right sir. No Drive, no steam, no Backbone.

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
In fact I'd rather the dev spent his time polising one sex scene, rather than making me choose between two shoddy ones.
Let me tell you a little story. This is somewhat anecdotal, but you can go and do the research for yourself. You'll find it is backed up by about a hundred years worth of industrial studies about quality assurance and productivity.

A pottery teacher runs two classes during a semester. They want to perform an experiment. So with one of their classes they instruct the students to make a singular perfect piece and warn that the members of the class will be judged on one single best piece. Their whole grade depends on them making the best thing they can possibly make.

With the other class, they instruct the students that they will be graded on how many pieces they make with minor marks for the quality of the individual pieces.

At the end of the semester, the teacher has graded both classes. You know what happened? The class that made the most pieces also made the best pieces and more of them were higher quality than the entire other class. The class that made the fewest pieces while being directed to make the most polished ones also made generally worse pieces than the class that was instructed to produce the largest quantity.

The process of artistic production favors the most attempts. This is why you concept your art and game design, and you allow yourself room to make multiple attempts and do not get beholden to your previous attempts or perfecting attempts that are fundamentally flawed.

The class that made the most pieces produced the best works because they had more practice and if a piece became too difficult to continue working then they moved on to another attempt. They produced a lot of bad attempts, but it ultimately didn't matter because those bad attempts were learning experiences from which they iterated or discarded and produced better works still.

I'd rather chose between two shoddy concept scenes early on in the development and playtesting process than play and support a project for the better part of a decade only for the project to deliver something anathema to me or to not deliver at all ultimately and burn out because of misplaced efforts.

Brigitte sex: MC wanted to bone her, the sex was the reward for the job (sending the guard away), but MC can't touch her, because B.'s master's rule, so we got a special sex reward. It is not rape, MC wanted this.
And maybe I missed the statement where he wants to fuck her.
If you choose to not get in the limo then Brigitte gets nude and entices the MC into the limo. MC indicates tacit desire for the hot woman at that point before he gets bagged or threatened with a gun.

There's a problematic view that would lead to arguing that 1) because the MC consented before knowing who Brigitte is or what she will do or who she works for or the fact that she has a gun and will threaten to use it against the MC, the MC will always have consented and can not revoke that consent. 2) The absence of the MC having an option to say no or to try to exercise his power against her amounts to implicit consent; this notion of negative consent is tremendously problematic. and 3)

I guess you come to the assumption because he gets a hard one? (So in other games when a girl gets raped but becomes wet she isn't raped?) My mind doesn't work that way. Sorry.
An erection is not consent. In real life, people get erections for all kinds of reasons like raised blood pressure, elevated heart rate, and endorphin rushes in the presence of various kinds of stressors. Some people go limp. Some people don't. There's congenial mutations and hereditary conditions which can make it go either way or sometimes one way and sometimes the other.

In any case, Nulldev's response here is a Thermian argument. Doesn't particularly matter whether the MC wanted it. The issue is whether or not the player wanted it (for any random sequence of content the dev can add, some players will want it and some will not). The dev can not write the consent for the player and assert that the player consented to it because they-the-dev said so.

That is at best non-consensual. There's a bunch of cases in the US and English common law jurisdictions which affirm that clicking a button that says "I consent to play this" does not amount to blanket consent for anything and everything. Among other things, you can not legally consent to things which are not legal. You can not for instance consent to being murdered or to having someone brandish a loaded weapon at you and threaten your life. You can not legally consent to viewing sexualized child abuse imagery.

Even without bringing courts into this the point is that it is at best rude what the dev did in this case. And the resolution to the problem is really really simple. Not allowing the player to say no to content and filter it will predictably keep reproducing these problems where significant chunks of the players end up at best complaining about these things and at worst become actively hostile and begin engaging in behaviors to correct the situation because appealing to the dev failed to fix the issues.

The dev risks liabilities by playing this off as no big deal or "just don't play with my work." I watched significant factions of the Breeding Season fandom become the enemies of the project and watched it all turn very very ugly for the developers because of content and tagging disputes like this.

Dev is free of course to refuse to allow the player to do what they want with the powers presented. The dev is free to present the game as if there is real freedom of choice on the part of the player within the diagesis and the interface of the game. The dev is free of course to deceive the players or to lie and mislead the players or to omit information to try and surprise the players or to coerce the consent of the player.

Last edited:

saint751

Dec 25, 2017
Let me tell you a little story. This is somewhat anecdotal, but you can go and do the research for yourself. You'll find it is backed up by about hundred years worth of industrial studies about quality assurance and productivity.

A pottery teacher runs two classes during a semester. They want to perform an experiment. So with one of their classes they instruct the students to make a singular perfect piece and warn that the members of the class will be judged on one single best piece. Their whole grade depends on them making the best thing they can possibly make.

With the other class, they instruct the students that they will be graded on how many pieces they make with minor marks for the quality of the individual pieces.

At the end of the semester, the teacher has graded both classes. You know what happened? The class that made the most pieces also made the best pieces. The class that made the fewest pieces while being directed to make the most polished ones also made generally worse pieces than the class that was instructed to produce the largest quantity.

The process of artistic production favors the most attempts. This is why you concept your art and game design, and you allow yourself room to make multiple attempts and do not get beholden to your previous attempts or perfecting attempts that are fundamentally flawed.

The class that made the most pieces produced the best works because they had more practice. They produced a lot of bad attempts, but it ultimately didn't matter because those bad attempts were learning experiences from which they iterated or discarded and produced better works still.

I'd rather chose between two shoddy concept scenes early on in the development and playtesting process than play and support a project for the better part of a decade only for the project to deliver something anathema to me or to not deliver at all ultimately and burn out because of misplaced efforts.
Okay, next time I want to crank it to some pottery, I will keep that in mind. As for games, I'd rather the devs actually polish their content before they release it to the public. Your comparison stumbles over the fact that people don't want to see 30 misshapen attempts before they get something decent. At the end of the day this is a product released to the public and will be judged as such. Likewise your potters won't display their failures to anyone. These things are nice to watch on a dev blog, not in the actual game.
And given the rate games like these are abandoned and almost never fixed up to begin with, we can count ourselves lucky if we even get far enough into production where any amount of improvement becomes visible.
That's my take: Unless you're dealing with the rare artist who has the stamina to itterate for years and not feel the urge to move on to new projects, that initial bit of polish means we haven't wasted our time. One or two really good scenes at least means something of worth was produced.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Look like Dev will giving us a mini update and some modifying to the story, here is the Patreon post:

The Mind Society v 0.4.3
Update 0.4.3 is finally available on F95zone and
We couldn't quite make it to the end point we had in mind for this update (We kinda worked ourselves into a corner by announcing a release date to be honest) so we are going to have a mini update asap to fill that gap and modify some of the content we are not 100% happy with.
Meanhwile there is plenty new content as it is, we hope you enjoy it and as always we look forward to your feedback.
Stay Tuned

Dec 27, 2020
Look like Dev will giving us a mini update and some modifying to the story, here is the Patreon post:

The Mind Society v 0.4.3
Update 0.4.3 is finally available on F95zone and
We couldn't quite make it to the end point we had in mind for this update (We kinda worked ourselves into a corner by announcing a release date to be honest) so we are going to have a mini update asap to fill that gap and modify some of the content we are not 100% happy with.
Meanhwile there is plenty new content as it is, we hope you enjoy it and as always we look forward to your feedback.
Stay Tuned
Where do you get to modify the story?
He speaks of content could be anything.

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
Your comparison stumbles over the fact that people don't want to see 30 misshapen attempts before they get something decent.
You make several mistakes. You assume or assert that you are not seeing misshapen attempts currently. You also make the mistake of not distinguishing between full publication of a finished product vs crowdsourced and crowdfunded development of a public alpha. This game is by no means a finished product ready for full publication. It is a crowdsourced and crowdfunded public alpha.

What gets you the nice polished high quality finished product ready for full publication is roughing out the alpha and making attempts that are going to often and generally fail. In some cases which are specifically meant to fail so that the failure can be examined for why and how it failed and development processes or designs can be improved.

It is a mistake to bring the assumption that you're playing a finished product to this, and it is bad for the developer for them to try to cater to that expectation at this step in their development process. It slows down the process of development and predictably produces worse designs. It also puts a lot of pressure on the devs which will result in quicker burn out or crunch culture when they do things like

(We kinda worked ourselves into a corner by announcing a release date to be honest)
Because they try to please the eager and adoring fans.

In game design, there's a whole subject of study which is just putting clocks or timers on processes and watching how much harder they get and how many more mistakes are made. You want to up the difficulty of pretty much anything without really changing anything in the design? Put a clock on it.

Likewise your potters won't display their failures to anyone.
Actually, they did display their failures. Again, they were graded on the shear number of pieces they produced. If they hid their failures then their grade is lower. No. In the original source that I am telling the story from, the classes engaged in group critiques of their products.

Having taught game design in college and graded students and ran experiments across semesters on what makes better or worse games and game dev teams, I can say with certainty that the pottery story applies to the productivity and creativity of game designs and developers.

And given the rate games like these are abandoned and almost never fixed up to begin with, we can count ourselves lucky if we even get far enough into production where any amount of improvement becomes visible.
Funny you should mention that. Because there's stats for that. I poked people about it some time ago and people started doing the math.

The abandoment rate is actually very low on a bunch of the games in this database. This database is somewhat more curated, so the rate is artificially depressed because the uploaders are biased against uploading garbage projects. GameJolt might be better for your side of the discussion, but even as such, projects like this rarely are actually totally abandoned; they just tend to end up taking decades to complete and might get handed off to different development teams more than a few times or be rebuilt by fans way down the road in new engines and such.

But we can do post mortuems on the games which are abandoned. I've participated in more than a few dozen game projects that were nuked. Breeding Season being one of the most significant case studies. Games which fail to reach completion fail to reach completion and are often abandoned because they are mismanaged; the dev either is new and didn't know what they were doing as a game developer or they learn the development but can't manage the business side of things. General evolution even then is the fledgling game developers learn from their mistakes and end up abandoning their original projects because they want to do better and move on to better ideas and methods.

One or two really good scenes at least means something of worth was produced.
If anything at all is produced then something of worth was produced. This isn't a "we just get a bunch of shitty scenes xor we only get two great scenes." The whole "moral of the story" about the pottery class is that if you demand only one great scene and strive exclusively for that then you generally get a meh scene and burnt out; if you make what you make at the rate that you can make it and improve upon that gradually then you make more and get better quicker. We don't have to choose in the long run. We can have it all AND MORE.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well I think as well dev did strike a slightly wrong tone with last update and especially Brigitte and also MC. I personally did not have so much a problem with the rapey scene as such. Did not like it but can see it giving rise to future developments, where that behavior of Brigitte leaves MC open to be exploited by other factions, goes for some revenge or whatever is planned. Too much about background and players in the world is still unclear to be sure where devs will take it and what motivated Brigitte behavior, though we can have some speculations of course.

What I had more of a problem with was the lack of reaction and agency of Mc. Now if he had some thoughts, bitch I do not know what situation I am in and you hold the cards for now or something different and understandable from Mc pov, it would at least show some drive. Same as with stepmother and stepsister, now it is not that weird he is careful using his power on them since they are emotionally from his pov main targets for him whether he wants revenge on them or to be loved by them and does not want to fail his goal with them, but let him at least have a thought about it and why he does nothing much while he had that gift thrown in his lap that most of us would want to play with if given the chance at the very least.

If such a thing would be the reason he is careful with them, then let MC try out on a throwaway girl in his mind to find out what are his limits, let him be a bit proactive and have goals and show those a bit even if just in his thoughts, even if he has reasons not to act on those yet and might change those goals during the game while he grows. Like some basic revenge or perverted young adult goals now and more developed goals as he learns more and more.

This is a game released in updates with some time in between, unfortunately that also means as a dev you can not show us the whole and future reactions to what happens now in game and how things are turned around, that makes it even wiser though to give us at least something that shows some reaction and drive from Mc on what happens that can make it likely he is at least aware and thinking of changing things and growing even if just a little little bit.

Last edited:

LadyJessica9

Jul 1, 2020
Really enjoying this. Anyone that's complaining just go and play something else. I love the MC getting humiliated as well. It'll only make the pay back even more satisfying. Keep going the way you are, progressing the story too. Having more in depth characters certainly makes it far more fun to fuck with them.

And I reckon you could mix up some of the mind control. Do some sneaky shit like...'close your skirt in that door Corinne.' To get some awesome EUF/ENF scenes ;) Just a thought.

hypnosss

May 20, 2017
The problem for me is the time between the uptades, like is ok have a slow build up but if we have to wait for mounths for a slow build up is a problem, a don´t like the rape scene like most of you but i will like if that scene is a step for when we have Britney( I dont remember how to write her name) under your control.

LVXS

Oct 25, 2017
Woooo I love this game but it was a really long wait for a really short update unless I'm missing something?

Reactions: lionmc

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
Android port of
The Mind Society [v0.4.3]
DOWNLOAD:
All my ports now have textbox opacity slider and text size slider which can be found in preferences.You can also change your name anytime mid-game using Change MC Name button found in menu.
Consider supporting me on my or you can also join my for more android ports and mods.

gaga123321

Sep 16, 2018
i have to say, i fucking love this game, the tonned looks of the girl and beside the mind control, to be honest the first time isaw the game i loved but was also pretty sure it was gonna get droped, which was a shame, but the second up came later although a bit short gave me hope nonetheless. So although i do hate the slow up but understand i can be kinda hard to make it high quality but keep up the good work and please if you can gime more roomie scenes love her looks~

Visionary25

Jan 9, 2021
I do not understand the hate. So he got jumped. Big whoop. It just means the revenge will be sweeter.
It feels like no one has played an RPG before. Dude's leveling up. If you're mad he isn't doing every girl he sees, it'll just take some time. For Brigette, he encountered someone who has a strong personality and has been in the society longer than him.
Also, this is a game in a very niche genre. It mostly deals with ENF, humiliation, CMNF etc. Sex is present, though it should be secondary. If you just wanted in-out in-out, I don't know...play almost any other game on this site.

I for one, can't wait till I can take Shannon around like this.
146.jpg

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 128 Votes