lionmc

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
4thofJulylogo.jpg

An happy 4th of July from all of us at Adventures in ENF

I am going to take the occasion to bring everyone up to speed. (And btw thanks to Durisaz and Bronzescorpion for keeping everyone updated in the meanwhile, and even more so for resisting the temptation of sharing pictures from our Patreon feed)

For anyone who is been wondering, yes “The Mind Society” is still very much alive (Flavio just spent a small fortune on hardware upgrades so you can rest assured he ain't letting go of this one until he makes his money back :sneaky: ) and we publish regular production update on Patreon and yes, it is taking forever. Lots of reason for that (including that the update is very large) but mainly living got a lot more expensive lately and we all had to make adjustments (i.e. spending more time at our “day jobs”)

We're currently focusing on TMS while our other projects sit on the back burner so things are moving a bit more smoothly but we're still sitting at about 40% completion; there is still a lot of work to do.

All we can hope is that by the time we're finally finished there will still be someone waiting, if so I promise we'll make it worth the wait ;)

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
View attachment 1905590

I am going to take the occasion to bring everyone up to speed. (And btw thanks to Durisaz and Bronzescorpion for keeping everyone updated in the meanwhile, and even more so for resisting the temptation of sharing pictures from our Patreon feed)

For anyone who is been wondering, yes “The Mind Society” is still very much alive (Flavio just spent a small fortune on hardware upgrades so you can rest assured he ain't letting go of this one until he makes his money back :sneaky: ) and we publish regular production update on Patreon and yes, it is taking forever. Lots of reason for that (including that the update is very large) but mainly living got a lot more expensive lately and we all had to make adjustments (i.e. spending more time at our “day jobs”)

We're currently focusing on TMS while our other projects sit on the back burner so things are moving a bit more smoothly but we're still sitting at about 40% completion; there is still a lot of work to do.

All we can hope is that by the time we're finally finished there will still be someone waiting, if so I promise we'll make it worth the wait ;)
Give me more Jenny, Sharon and Corinne and you'll definitely make the wait worthwhile for me! :p

On a more serious note, I hope that you guys seriously consider using webp format for your game in the future (ideally also convert all the pre-existing files to webp too) instead of png or jpg, the game is at an already quite big size for the relative small amount of content it contains at this moment.
If this trend continues, the total file size of each subsequent game update will only get larger and larger, which will quickly become rather inconvenient and possibly even impact the decision of anyone that is looking to try your game but has to go through a pretty sizeable download first.

Last edited:

Durisaz

Apr 18, 2021
True that. I did spend around hour downloading previous versions of game. If new one would be really that big, it might be issue for slower Internet connections. Also there is daily limit of 5GB on Mega download.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionmc

lionmc

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
True that. I did spend around hour downloading previous versions of game. If new one would be really that big, it might be issue for slower Internet connections. Also there is daily limit of 5GB on Mega download.
Give me more Jenny, Shannon and Corinne and you'll definitely make the wait worthwhile for me! :p

On a more serious note, I hope that you guys seriously consider using webp format for your game in the future (ideally also convert all the pre-existing files to webp too) instead of png or jpg, the game is at an already quite big size for the relative small amount of content it contains at this moment.
If this trend continues, the total file size of each subsequent game update will only get larger and larger, which will quickly become rather inconvenient and possibly even impact the decision of anyone that is looking to try your game but has to go through a pretty sizeable download first.
The "Compressed version" already uses webp; we may just do away with the full png version and for every new version offer an update with only the new stuff like we did for 0.4.4b that way you wouldn't have to re-download the whole thing every time. Anyway, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

gifsignature60fr.gif

Derpona

Jun 25, 2019
View attachment 1905590

wow whos the character on sharon's right side ? is she a new character coming this update ?

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Does the game end early if you use your powers too much or something?

Because it just ends where there is a lady name Zoe on a motorbike after the photoshoot scene with Jenny.

Durisaz

Apr 18, 2021
Does the game end early if you use your powers too much or something?

Because it just ends where there is a lady name Zoe on a motorbike after the photoshoot scene with Jenny.
This is actual length of current version of game. There is branching in halfway point (Jenny or Stacy) which allows to see some different scenes. There will be same branching with Alex/Corrin choice.

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
View attachment 1905590

I’ll wait as long as it takes for Alex
6FA14CF3-F594-4DB6-94B2-3D707108CC33.gif

Durisaz

Apr 18, 2021
Someday for sure. We need to remember that it's not main job for Dev team, from what I understand they all have day jobs. As much I am frustrated with slow pace of work, Devs are active on Patreon. There was update just yesterday. This month they worked mainly on animations.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ghosty20

Visionary25

Jan 9, 2021
It's funny that someone always asks if the game is dead, you check the Patreon link and an update was posted a day before.

But it's a valid issue. We haven't seen any previews here. Not talking of leaks, but the devs themselves can have a free preview.

We are yet to see any new locations, outfits or hell, Sharon's de-aged model or her in that virgin killer sweater.

4.40 star(s) 128 Votes