deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
That save doesn't work. Only 2kb, like you haven't started the game. But I have found the bug. You played from the start right? Or at least before reaching the end of the last version. I thought I didn't need to update the quest checks for older saves but apparently I must.

fixed version v0.1.1.1
hm? i directly copied the save file from the save folder.... ok.. but this save was from a game started with the version that released yesterday
edit: i was an idiot,.. i posted the wrong save file

Jul 31, 2021
Du
For those asking for the code, download the game. Open it with your text editor of choice, ctrl+F, "checkcode".
Uncomment the alert line. Note the target hash of 3511770.
Play the high low game until you get a hit. Am I one of the cool kids now?

Dev: dont leave a gaping security hole merely commented out in the public release of plaintext code, consider renaming your "checkcode" function to something less easily searched, and use something stronger than a 4 letter english word for the password.
Dude I'm on mobile and I can't do this. Just tell the code

usefullname

Jul 4, 2020
i'm stuck! after the night spent drinking with the monk i'm forced to read the book over and over and can't continue the story

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
hm? i directly copied the save file from the save folder.... ok.. but this save was from a game started with the version that released yesterday
edit: i was an idiot,.. i posted the wrong save file
Yes, that version (v0.1.1.0) has a bug and only the quests getting new content (emma's mission and jana's curse) will be marked "end of version" even when you have completed everything. You would have to start with a new game with v0.1.1.1 to fix this, or wait for when these quests are updated in future releases.

i'm stuck! after the night spent drinking with the monk i'm forced to read the book over and over and can't continue the story
Everyone reporting getting stuck like that so far has been cheating. Then it's tough luck. If you didn't cheat, that it would be a bug.

Reactions: luvsabunch86

alexhob123

Apr 9, 2018
For those asking for the code, download the game. Open it with your text editor of choice, ctrl+F, "checkcode".
Uncomment the alert line. Note the target hash of 3511770.
Play the high low game until you get a hit. Am I one of the cool kids now?

Dev: dont leave a gaping security hole merely commented out in the public release of plaintext code, consider renaming your "checkcode" function to something less easily searched, and use something stronger than a 4 letter english word for the password.
does this even work

redwall2018

Mar 3, 2020
Alcahest I was a massive fan of Paradise Found so was really intrigued to see you make a new game. Finished the playthrough of Monastery today and although it took me a little while to get the balance of Lust and Temptation, I really enjoyed the game so far!

I know you said on the other thread you don't want to include incest in this game due the story and character. If there was a possibility for it though, could I suggest potentially an actual sister introduced as a nun/religious figure/demon hunter tasked to help her brother MC as he struggles against the evils within the Monastery? maybe introduced as someone the MC has had a history with, in a way like "This character is an "old friend" which helped me in a previous case" where you can rename or someone could patch?

I think it would definitely fit with the whole corruption and sin element of the storyline, but I also understand you want to steer away from something you've already done in a previous game, also would be difficult to achieve with the limit on nun videos out here.

Just an idea I wanted to throw out there, either way I look forward to see where you take the game :)

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Alcahest I was a massive fan of Paradise Found so was really intrigued to see you make a new game. Finished the playthrough of Monastery today and although it took me a little while to get the balance of Lust and Temptation, I really enjoyed the game so far!

I know you said on the other thread you don't want to include incest in this game due the story and character. If there was a possibility for it though, could I suggest potentially an actual sister introduced as a nun/religious figure/demon hunter tasked to help her brother MC as he struggles against the evils within the Monastery? maybe introduced as someone the MC has had a history with, in a way like "This character is an "old friend" which helped me in a previous case" where you can rename or someone could patch?

I think it would definitely fit with the whole corruption and sin element of the storyline, but I also understand you want to steer away from something you've already done in a previous game, also would be difficult to achieve with the limit on nun videos out here.

Just an idea I wanted to throw out there, either way I look forward to see where you take the game :)
There are certainly possibilities to make it happen if I feel I want to do it. I like your idea.
I'm not ruling anything out.

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
You gain it every time you gain Lust ...
I don't think this is true. I've been through many days where the only thing I gained was lust. It was only at the end where I visited the girls in the hallway where I gained temptation, but by then it was too late since I was already at 80 lust and it just resets itself. So I thought I'll visit the girls first but then all I got was lust and no temptation. There is some sort of pattern here but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Corruption is at 10. Only drank with the monks once.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I don't think this is true. I've been through many days where the only thing I gained was lust. It was only at the end where I visited the girls in the hallway where I gained temptation, but by then it was too late since I was already at 80 lust and it just resets itself. So I thought I'll visit the girls first but then all I got was lust and no temptation. There is some sort of pattern here but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Corruption is at 10. Only drank with the monks once.
Check out the help section in the journal.

4.50 star(s) 54 Votes