VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
Eh... Messed up editing the link, sorry. It's updated now. Thanks for pointing out.

Depends. There are 4 LIs. Side girls... As many as I enjoy creating and can fit in without distracting from the main story.
I just started the update and I'm really enjoying it

but does that mean
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
Ceolag it's not shown on "Latest Updates" I would strongly recommend getting it there. You might need to go through an official process, but it could help a lot!

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
I just started the update and I'm really enjoying it

but does that mean
The mentioned character isn't even really a side character considering the potential end of Chapter 2.
So no, not a LI.

In general: There are 4 LIs and they can be seen in the gallery or Chapter summary (the 4th after the end of Ch2).
Any other girl is considered a side girl at most.

About your criteria:

Ceolag it's not shown on "Latest Updates" I would strongly recommend getting it there. You might need to go through an official process, but it could help a lot!
I already did that yesterday after I updated the links :-(
Guess the mods are just too busy at the moment...

Sep 3, 2020
The mentioned character isn't even really a side character considering the potential end of Chapter 2.
So no, not a LI.

In general: There are 4 LIs and they can be seen in the gallery or Chapter summary (the 4th after the end of Ch2).
Any other girl is considered a side girl at most.

About your criteria:

I already did that yesterday after I updated the links :-(
Guess the mods are just too busy at the moment...
don't misunderstand my brother

when I say bad girls I don't mean evil girls or girls that sleep around

I mean girls that can kick ass

girls that have a slight edge to them but they're not evil

the kind of girl that can rock a baby to sleep with one hand and break a guy's neck with the other

a woman that goes to work with a world's greatest Mom mug

but a woman that says if she ever catches me with another woman she fucking kill me

and after thinking about it I've decided to stick with my girlfriend in the game

so far she's the only one that fits that description

I just can't be with any other girl that way to nice and nice girls are boring

Reactions: Ceolag

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
ok guide needed i'm still on 3/5 for kaija will maxing out all the rest lol
EDIT - Scrap that request.. just did a speed run for chapter 1 again and i needed to do the 'No Butt Slap' moment at the start and have brekkie with her instead

Last edited:

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
OK, I'm a little confused. I have multiple playthroughs for each of the three LIs. When I was focused on Kaija, I chose to smack her ass at breakfast and then leave the bathroom door open. Otherwise, though, I did all of the positive things I could think of (being understanding on the phone, texting to check on her, telling her to be careful beside the car, etc.). On that specific playthrough I'm told I got a max of 3 points out of 3.

However, when I then did my next playthrough and focused on Fiona, by the end I was told I had 3 points out of a total of 5. If there are 5 points total, than my first playthrough should've shown a total of 5 possible, right? I understand maybe getting more points with other choices, but the total points shouldn't change. So it's a total of 5 and I screwed up on my Kaija playthrough?
Yeah this is why I hate multi routes even though the dev said there won't be 4 different endings... I guess that means some LI's will die or disappear or something and points systems never been a fan of dating sims. With all the missable content after only 2 releases I really am undecided about continuing... Or maybe I'm not. I do like the artwork, story meh it's ok. Writing is pretty good the overall presentation of the story arc, and basic introduction of the characters is good. Good Luck Dev.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Yeah this is why I hate multi routes even though the dev said there won't be 4 different endings... I guess that means some LI's will die or disappear or something and points systems never been a fan of dating sims. With all the missable content after only 2 releases I really am undecided about continuing... Or maybe I'm not. I do like the artwork, story meh it's ok. Writing is pretty good the overall presentation of the story arc, and basic introduction of the characters is good. Good Luck Dev.
i agree i used to prefer non harem games until the first few times a dev broke saves anjd i had to restart or keeping track of saves when most of the time there is no way to name the save by default and as you said you always seem to miss stuff

Reactions: covertanon

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
ABSOLUTELY brilliant update Ceolag just got through the various diverging routes just now.. i know your working your ass off on this so congrats this was a worthwhile chapter

• Red Heart

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
Renders are good and story seems interesting. Hope that the game has more choices than 2 to choose and that the choices have impact on the story and the relations with the girls,dont make the girls slutty,the letters of the dialogue and of were is the quick save need to be a little bigger, there is more side girls than LI that kinda weird (kate should be a LI,the character design of our sister is very good but it should be for a LI or side girl) and i think the dev should add more girls to LI, the face of kaija could be better. Its has potential to be a good game.

• Red Heart

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
I really like this story I just hope their is a middle ground between forgiving Kaija right away and flat ignoring her. I want MC to be able to yell at her and vent his frustrations get everything out in the open and then make a decision to move forward or not rather than this avoidance game.

I really like Kaija she's very interesting and I'm a sucker for childhood friends and her character model/ethnicity is unique so I'd love to persue her rather than go my normal mode of redhead supremacy (though this redhead is totes fire) but they still got shit to work out and I worry not being buddy buddy with her yet and missing things like asking her to train will make it too late or just miss the majority of content.

• Red Heart

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I really like Kaija
Are these two not the same person?
this redhead is totes fire)
Quite usually, if you got stuff to work out with someone and you are meeting them
trying to work them out, you are buddy buddy, meaning you know the person and
can pivot and make the relationship whatever you want or need.
I worry not being buddy buddy with her yet
they still got shit to work out
What is important and gives the endorfines is the journey, the ”got shit to work out”
part, not the ”we are dating, what next?” part.

• Red Heart

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Stunning update, pretty much happening too.

Girls are nice to look at and very different (which is good if there are not THAT many LIs).

Story is kind of original - not the first you are the chosen one or the son of the chosen one, but still. Pacing is very good, nothing feels rushed, left out or streaked endlessly. You always know what is happening, which is kind of hard to do if it gets supernatural. So cudos.

Looking forward to more. :)

• Red Heart

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
don't misunderstand my brother

when I say bad girls I don't mean evil girls or girls that sleep around

I mean girls that can kick ass

girls that have a slight edge to them but they're not evil

the kind of girl that can rock a baby to sleep with one hand and break a guy's neck with the other

a woman that goes to work with a world's greatest Mom mug

but a woman that says if she ever catches me with another woman she fucking kill me

and after thinking about it I've decided to stick with my girlfriend in the game

so far she's the only one that fits that description

I just can't be with any other girl that way to nice and nice girls are boring
I really misunderstood you here, sorry.
Hard to go not into spoilers here, so I'll just leave it at: We both have a thing for that kind of woman. ;)

ABSOLUTELY brilliant update Ceolag just got through the various diverging routes just now.. i know your working your ass off on this so congrats this was a worthwhile chapter
Thanks Crow. I'm really happy you liked it.

ok guide needed i'm still on 3/5 for kaija will maxing out all the rest lol
EDIT - Scrap that request.. just did a speed run for chapter 1 again and i needed to do the 'No Butt Slap' moment at the start and have brekkie with her instead
Regarding the request: I kinda have a walkthrough. It's my doc where I track all decisions, points flags etc. It's just too messy to release it to the public :censored:
At some point, I'll make a "real" wt out of it, when I have the time and mindset.
Regarding Kaija (slight CH2 spoiler):

Models look nice and I'm a sucker for Indian chicks as they're so rare but you're breaking my heart with that no harem note.
I know there are a lot of harem fans. And I'm not against it. It's just the more I think about it, the less I'm convinced it can fit the story. It doesn't fit the characters. So the options are: No Harem or Forced Harem that doesn't make sense. I tend to stick to the first option.
Kaija's origin isn't Indian btw, but I'm really curious how you got that impression (not judging here!). Maybe you can elaborate?

I think I should clear up a few things about the ending(s).
When I said, there won't be 4 different endings, I was talking about the main story. Like there won't be an ending for "Save the galaxy", "Destroy the galaxy", "Control the reapers and rule the galaxy"...
The story arcs for the girls will have their own endings, of course.

i agree i used to prefer non harem games until the first few times a dev broke saves anjd i had to restart or keeping track of saves when most of the time there is no way to name the save by default and as you said you always seem to miss stuff
I'm trying really hard to not break saves. I throw flags at pretty much everything for this very reason. And I'd rather scratch an idea than break saves. Of course, I can't guarantee it won't happen. But I can guarantee that I have that in mind whenever I code.
Oh, and I have the option to name and delete saves. :cool:

Renders are good and story seems interesting. Hope that the game has more choices than 2 to choose and that the choices have impact on the story and the relations with the girls,dont make the girls slutty,the letters of the dialogue and of were is the quick save need to be a little bigger, there is more side girls than LI that kinda weird (kate should be a LI,the character design of our sister is very good but it should be for a LI or side girl) and i think the dev should add more girls to LI, the face of kaija could be better. Its has potential to be a good game.
Starting with Ch2 there are choices with more than 2 options and I tend to think, that they already have an impact on the relations with the main girls.
There won't be more LIs. More LIs means more pathing, means more complicated coding, means less story progress. And people will complain that the updates are too short. Hell, look at BaDIK. People are complaining about short updates even if he puts out an update with 5k renders.
Sorry, I neither have unlimited time nor resources. I'm trying to find a sweet spot, that works for me and hopefully for a few other people.
The side girls are my way of adding content, that doesn't fit the main girls or the story at that point in the game. So yeah, you can expect that there'll be more side girls than main girls in the future.

I really like this story I just hope their is a middle ground between forgiving Kaija right away and flat ignoring her. I want MC to be able to yell at her and vent his frustrations get everything out in the open and then make a decision to move forward or not rather than this avoidance game.

I really like Kaija she's very interesting and I'm a sucker for childhood friends and her character model/ethnicity is unique so I'd love to persue her rather than go my normal mode of redhead supremacy (though this redhead is totes fire) but they still got shit to work out and I worry not being buddy buddy with her yet and missing things like asking her to train will make it too late or just miss the majority of content.
There will be a second or even third option for pretty much every important decision regarding a girl. So if you miss something now, like the training, there will be a second option for that. You may miss a bit of content, but not the majority.
At least not for Book 1.

draco0162

May 21, 2022
Anyone figure out how to get all 4 points for the Ambassador? I only managed to get 3 out of the 4, not sure what I missed since during the discussion you can't really talk much

Reactions: Pinsel and Motion11
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes